Hanoi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Acupuncture/ TCM in Hanoi

Vietnam Dec 5, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Who has a recommendation for a good acupuncture doctor and TCM doctor ?
      Thank you.

more
    • orchid49's Profile Photo

Duang Dong Market

Phu Quoc Dec 5, 2016 at 11:57 PM

How far is the market from cruise port. I Will arrive by cruise ship and would like to walk around the city. How do we pronounce Cho which means market in Vietnamese.

more
    • Nordvietnam in January

Vietnam Nov 12, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Hello, I would like to visit Vietnam in early January 2017 for 2 weeks and look for malarie-free areas. I would like to go to Hanoi, Halong Bay and 1 week beach holiday. In the north it should be only around 20 degrees in January. For the visit of Hanoi does not disturb. But for the beach holiday it should be warmer. The beaches north of Nha Trang are said to be malaria free. Who knows? thank you

more
    • sallam88's Profile Photo

Vietnamese SIM card

Vietnam Nov 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Hi guys,

I'll be in Vietnam for 18 days, travelling by land from the south (HCMC) up to the north (SaPa). I would like you to recommend me a mobile operator (SIM card) which offers a good coverage with low price. I'll only need it for light browsing and emergency calls.

Many thanks!
      Ibra

more
    • Cooking course in Hanoi

Vietnam Dec 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Hi,
      who has a recommendation for an inexpensive cooking course (especially street food)) in Hanoi. Previously, with shopping on the market.

more
    • Accommodation in Hanoi

Vietnam Nov 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Hi, who has a recommendation for a cheap, clean place to stay in Hanoi? Which area is recommended if I like it quiet?
      Thanks

more
    • sallam88's Profile Photo

Sapa for 4 nights

Sapa Nov 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM

Hello,
      I'm planning to spend four nights in Sapa end of December. As I would love to go in daily trekking tours and would like to visit some villages around Sapa (please recommend me if you have visited any). Therefore my question is, should I book one accommodation for the all 4 nights (which means that I have to back to my accommodation at the end of the day) or is it better to spend a night in my first room and book other accommodations for the rest (which make my trekking tour as a one way tour!). Please also do advice me if you have tried any authentic and cheap homestay in Sapa or any village near to it.

I really do appreciate your huge help guys!

Best wishes,
      Ibrahim

more
    • Gifts, souvenirs for people in Vietnam

Vietnam Nov 29, 2016 at 12:19 PM

I am traveling to Vietnam during Xmas and New Year's holidays. I wanted to bring some gifts for some people who help me in organizing the trip through Vietnam. Also, some souvenirs for places we will be visiting, villages, schools, etc. Any suggestions of what would be a nice token of appreciation for people in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos?? Thank you!

more
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

3 weeks for 3 - from Saigon to Hanoi

Vietnam Nov 14, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hi everybody,
      I'm planning my trip to Vietnam in April 2016. We'll be arriving to Saigon from Siem Riep, Very probably by plane.
      Still hesitating, because I want to go to Mekong delta for a couple of days. Meanwhile I consider as my best option - flying to Saigon and going from there. Still have in mind the other option - getting from Siem Riep through Pnom Pehn by river boats. This is one of the questions for you :)
      So here is our plan by days
      1. Arriving Saigon

2-3 Mekong delta - Is taking a tour the only possibility and what places exactly are the best (less touristic)?

4-5 Dalat. Probably flying there. But still the question is - is it worth long and rather expensive travel just to see what? a couple of waterfalls? What do you think?
      From Dalat we'll take a bus to Nya Thrang, night traing to Danang on our way to Hoi An, where I hope to spend a couple of days -

7-9 Hoi Ann
      10-11 Hue
      12-15 Dong Hoi - caves and 2days trek - one of our must sees!
      Last day we'll catch night train to Hanoi
      16 - Night train to Sapa
      17-20 Sapa and all possible hiking in the area.
      Last night I want to catch a bus to Halong Bay - I've heard there is a new highway and it's only 5 hrs now without entering Hanoi. Anybody heard about this new service?

21-23 Halong Bay - not sure if I have to book from home or wait till we get to Hanoi. As usual, I want the off-the bitten-track route - or as far from the busy tourist route as possible.
      24-25 Hanoi and going home!
      ---
      This is my plan and I'll be glad to hear any critic/remarks.
      We are hiking and moving-all-the-time, not too extreme, but definitely not soaking-on-the-beach type of family, no small kids, open to any suggestions.
      Thank you beforehand

more
    • JohanW's Profile Photo

Single supplement for Halong Bay 1 night cruise

by JohanW Online Now Oct 31, 2016 at 11:20 AM

I want a single room when I take the 1 night cruise in Halong Bay, transportation starting from Hanoi i January.

I found this one for 169 USD: bhayacruises.com/halong-bay-...
      And this for 255 USD: dragonlegendcruise.com/2-day...

Does anyone know any other tour operator with single supplement?

12 Answers Nov 3, 2016 at 2:27 AM
    • SummerB20's Profile Photo

Public transport to get around the city

by SummerB20 Online Now Oct 11, 2016 at 4:06 AM

I am moving to Hanoi in a couple of weeks for work and will need to get around fairly quickly to different areas (teaching in different language centres). I was wondering if the buses are fairly easy and stress free to use a couple of times a day to get around, because I reeeeally don't want to get a bike. Thanks!

6 Answers Oct 12, 2016 at 1:20 AM
    • davidjo's Profile Photo

Northwest loop

by davidjo Online Now Oct 9, 2016 at 10:26 PM

We are interested in doing a 5-6-7 day tour (organised, not by motorbike) of the NW.
      Mai Chao, Son La, Dien Bien Phu, Lai Chau, Sapa and Bac Ha market.
      Anyone done this recently. If so, any recommendations for agencies or tour companies.
      Thanks in advance.

12 Answers Oct 10, 2016 at 5:21 PM
    • Trying Hai Au seaplane for a sightseeing tour at Halong Bay.

by poppy.jones191192 Online Now Jul 12, 2016 at 7:25 PM

I'm going to visit Halong Bay in the next month ( early August). I've heard that having a scenic flight over Halong Bay is the must-tried experienced if you were to visit Ha Long. I wonder is it that good? Should I try it ? because my budget is not much, so i have to consider carefully about it. Also Is the direct flight from Hanoi to Halong worth the money? Because it only takes me 45 minutes rather than 4 hours on a bus. If you tried it, please give me some pieces of advice. Thanks !

6 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 6:49 PM
    • vonbitch's Profile Photo

Sapa textiles in hanoi

by vonbitch Online Now Jun 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Is there anywhere in Hanoi I can buy Sapa textiles such as tables runners and wall hangings.
      Thank you

4 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 12:00 AM
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Halong Bay Tour, Mekong Delta tours

by RodolfoBrasil Online Now Feb 17, 2016 at 4:12 PM

(Google translator)

Friends,

Next month will be in Vietnam and would appreciate some reliable travel agencies to make a tour to Halong Bay and one for Mekong Delta.

Already thank you

8 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 3:21 AM
    • Where to buy genuine & cheap pearls in Hanoi?

by chua01 Online Now Feb 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM

Where can I buy genuine freshwater pearls in hanoi, preferably near old quarter? I heard that they are cheap and sell by bags!?

2 Answers Feb 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM
    • Advice on 3 days in Hanoi

by Mikika Online Now Jan 10, 2016 at 9:36 PM

I was searching on Hanoi and found VT. I wonder if anyone can provide me with feedback. We are planning to travel to Hanoi end of March. It is a 6 days 5 night trip - part tour and part on our own. Day 1 is late arrival and Day 6 is early flight out. Day 3 is 1 day trip to Halong Bay (part of tour). Thus, we have full 3 days on our own. We are most likely to be staying around (if now within) the old quarter area. Based on my reading so far, it seems that we can be done exploring old quarter within a full day. Thus, we are wondering what else we can do with the remaining 2 days. We’re trying to boat rides as my friends aren’t very good with it. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to go? Also, what are there to do in Halong Bay beside the boat tour? Thanks in advance for your help.

9 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 6:36 AM
    • Truc Bach Accommodation

by beejay1937 Online Now Dec 26, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Are there any reasonably priced hotels in amongst the restaurants on the banks of this lake. Suitable for not so young people

5 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM
    • Sleeping bus from Noi Ba airport to Lao Cai

by baruch88 Online Now Dec 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Are there sleeping buses which pick up passengers from Noi Ba to Lao Cai?
      So i can take a ride direct from the airport without going to Hanoi?
      I land in Noi Ba at 16:30 from Bangkok, and prefer wait there instead of travel all the way to Hanoi center and take a train/sleeping bus, if this is an option.
      If there are, should i make a reservation in advance and how?
      Thanks

6 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM
    • Dong Anh train station

by baruch88 Online Now Dec 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM

I land in Hanoi at 16:30 and wants to continue that day by train to Sapa. At first I thought of going to the city center and take a train from the main station in Hanoi. But I found (alone, from Google maps) that there is a train station near the airport called Dong Anh. No reference about it in English on the web, but I found in www.baolau.vn that SP3 train stops there at 22:54. There is a public bus (line 17) from the airport which stops near the station.
      Does anyone know about this station? Does it work? Should i use it or is it better yet go for an hour and a half to the city (and replace bus) and get a train from the main station?
      Thank you

8 Answers Dec 17, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

The best district to stay and visit

by Drayman151 Online Now Dec 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM

please can anyone advise us on the best place to say in Vietnam
      i know were gonna get a few people asking ???
      we like a beer and walking around and feel safe markets people watching just plain and simple and nice food like chicken doesn't most people we thank you in advance on this also a mid range hotel in a safe location and few nice bars with good food ideal thanks

7 Answers Dec 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

No Question Title

by worksopian Online Now Oct 16, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Where can i catch the no 17 bus to the airport?What times does it go?

Where can I catch the Vietnamese airlines shuttle bus to the airport?How often does it go?

Thanks - Ian

9 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    • Volunteer work in Hanoi

by line1996 Online Now Oct 14, 2015 at 11:36 AM

My friend and I are planning to backpack in Asia, and are going to start the trip in Hanoi in February. We would love to do some volunteer work in Hanoi (or the area around Hanoi) when we arrive in Vietnam.
      We have both done volunteer work with disabled children before, and would like to try a different kind of volunteer work this time. Working in an orphanage seems like such a giving experience, but we can't seem to find a lot of opportunities to do that online. Does anyone in here have any experience with volunteer work in the area around Hanoi? Please share, even though it's work with disabled children, we are of course open for that if anyone has any recommendations. Looking forward to hear about your experiences!

2 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:24 AM
    • Sports Bars

by osossomoso Online Now Oct 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Hey im staying in Hanoi (old town) during the Rugby World Cup Final which I believe is Saturday 31st October at 11pm Any ideas of where to watch this game? I have heard the Irish bar Finnegan's has closed ?

3 Answers Oct 16, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Ho chi minh mausoleum

by paddington28 Online Now Sep 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Hi there all all,i know about the opening hours of the mausoleum and i know the mausoleum is shut for 3 months,i read to somewhere he's body is taken to moscow??
      Anyway i can't find out what months it is closed,all i get is opening hours...and would really like to visit.
      Any ideas on when it's shut?
      Regards

5 Answers Sep 23, 2015 at 4:51 PM
    • Heathrow to Hanoi

by Doocey52 Online Now Sep 4, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Has anyone flew on the new boing 787 -9 Dreamliner yet ?

14 Answers Sep 7, 2015 at 4:02 AM
    • Resteraunts

by Doocey52 Online Now Sep 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Best places to eat in Hanoi old quarter

6 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 12:25 PM
    • How long in Hanoi and places to stop off.

by billcephalonia Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 9:32 AM

We, my wife and I arrive in Hanoi 2 Feb and intend training down to Ho Chi Min where we depart on the 27th. Concerned about TET. How many days should we stay in Hanoi and recommendation on things to do and stop off, after 4 or 5 hours on the train. We are not young, both retired and I am not too fit. Site seeing and local culture, people watching, not really into war history but temples and such.

7 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:28 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Airport transportation

by worksopian Online Now Aug 18, 2015 at 8:10 AM

What is the best way for someone to get downtown?
      Is the 17 bus a viable option?

12 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:30 AM
    • Food not hot

by losham Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Can anyone suggest restaurants that serve Vietnamese food that is not hot. I can't eat spicy food and never eat foods such as Korean, Thai, Indian or Hunan.
      Is there a Pho that is mild?
      I'm looking for restaurants in HCM as well as Hanoi and Da Nang.
      Thanks.
      Losham

7 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:32 AM
    • Silk shirts, blouses and scarfs

by losham Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM

I was told Hang Ngang Street has many stores selling silk items.
      Does anyone recommend a shop that is very good for ready made silk items?
      Thanks.
      Losham

3 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 9:10 PM
    • going to Halong Bay

by ian181 Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Could somebody please give me a rough price on travelling from Hanoi and spending a night on Halong Bay if arranged as a package through hotel or an agent? Thanks.

5 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 2:33 AM
    • getting my visa

by ian181 Online Now Jul 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I have just applied for my visa for entry to Vietnam I have 2 copies of the form that needs to have my photo attached to and requires my details is this the only paperwork I need as I keep reading about an approval letter.
      I am travelling from Thailand and I want to know if I need a different form to let me board the plane in Thailand?
      Thank you for any advice.

10 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • Points of interest

by lica60804 Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Can someone suggest points of interest in Hanoi? I'll be there 1 1/2 days next week

4 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 2:08 AM
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

clothes shopping

by kcnaguit Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 2:35 AM

hi is there a place in hanoi where i can buy overruns branded clothing for ladies? Like similar to Saigon Square in HCM?
      TIA!

3 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 3:24 PM
    • taxi Hanoi

by ian181 Online Now Jun 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM

What company's taxi are best to get from airport? Was H.C.M. last year and got ripped off much to my Thai wife amusement any advice would be appreciated.

6 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 6:59 AM
    • 4 days trip

by Arunachalam.rama Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Hello people, me and my wife are planning to travel to Hanoi fir 4 days and wS wondering how we could make the most of it.. We git to do holong bay for sure. We are interested in some clothes shopping as well. Also, keen in knowin the Vietnamese history and the famous wars.

Pls suggest. Thanks

32 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM
    • Minh1spy's Profile Photo

Adventure activities

by Minh1spy Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Are there any adventurous activities in Vietnam/ Hanoi like flying fox, roller coaster, bungee jumping etc.? I am writing to my friend because she wants some adventure in Vietnam

1 Answer Dec 23, 2014 at 1:33 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

USD or VND ?

by DaHongHua Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Ringgit depreciate a lot this few days, changing to USD or VND has different amount, would like to know which currency is well acceptance. I follow a tour, notice to spend on meal.

14 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 2:41 AM