VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Halifax Travel Answers

change location

Cheap Nova Scotia Travel

by AKalel Online Now May 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I live in Toronto and on a fixed income. I am thinking of visiting relatives that live in and around Yarmouth this summer from sometime in late July/early August for between a week and a half to 2 weeks. I do not drive and would be looking to arrive in Halifax late morning/early afternoon hoping to be in Yarmouth no late then 6pm and when I come back to leave Yarmouth mid/late morning and hoping to arrive in Halifax mid afternoon. Since I am on a fixed income I am looking for hopefully for no more then 100. Is this possible and if so can anyone post any info I should know, etc. Thanxs in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap Nova Scotia Travel

by GrumpyDiver Online Now May 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

$100 won't even buy you a return ticket to Montreal on the bus (which is the least expensive way to travel).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap Nova Scotia Travel

by pieter_jan_v Online Now May 18, 2012 at 4:22 AM

From what I can fine there only are minivan shutlle services for about CAD 75 single fare Halifax to Yarmouth. Travel time will be about 4 hours.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines