Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

• Need some advice on where to go for Tokyo and Osaka (26 October to 6 November 2016)

Japan Oct 17, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Hi, a group of 8 of us (4 kids from 7 - 15 years old) are travelling on 26 October to 6 November 2016 to Tokyo and Osaka. We will fly in to Tokyo till 1 November and therefore Osaka. Some of the places we would like to visit are :-
      Tokyo - Asakusa, Disney Sea, Mt. Fuji, Aquarium, Ginza & Harajuku shopping streets
      Osaka - Universal Studios, Instant Ramen Museum

Can anyone of you advice/suggest where else can I visit or plan any itinerary please....thank you in advance :)

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Transit at Sengakuji Station

Tokyo Oct 13, 2016 at 7:19 PM

I need to go from Asakusabashi Station to Haneda Airport. I have already checked Hyperdia and see there are direct as well as some that require 1 transit at Sengakuji Station, ie:

Can anyone help to clarify about the change of train at Sengakuji please? I see only 1 minute wait. Is the change at the same platform or the platform across?
      I would try to catch the direct train from Asakusabashi to Haneda of cause, but just in case..

Thanks, Mel

• Luggage storage at Nagoya Train station

Nagoya Sep 26, 2016 at 6:19 PM

I need to store my luggage for 5 days in Nagoya station. May I know is this service available in Nagoya station?

• Suggestions on Itinerary

Hokkaido Oct 4, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Hi fellow VTs,
      I need help in your views. I be travelling with grp of 4 (2 couples). We be travelling to Japan nxt yr late march - early April (14 days). This will be our 1st trip to Japan. We have booked a return flight to New Chitose Airport, Hokkaido. Our plan was to travel to Tokyo first then head up back north to Hokkaido. I understand that the Japan Rail Pass is valid for the Shinkanse from Hakodate to Tokyo. As we are most likely to purchase the 7 days pass, we will only be in Tokyo for 7 days then head back up to Hokkaido where we plan to base ourselves at Sapporo.
      (1)Once arrived, how do we travel from New Chitose Airport to Hakidote? Via train/bus.. how long & how much?
      (2)For Hokkaido, is there any similar travel pass like Japan Rail pass? Is it well connected.. If yes, how much?
      (3) Any suggestion on places of interest for Hokkaido. We are nature loving people. We love sightseeing around mountains, villages etc. I heard that Hokkaido has one of the beautiful villages in Japan. Is it true..? If yes is it easily accessible via bus/train.

Sorry to trouble u with these question. We are open to any suggestions and can't wait to hear from u guys.
      Thank you in advance.

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line

Sapporo Oct 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM

We need to travel with heavy luggage from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line.

Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station
      I know the nearest exit at Sapporo Station to the hotel is exit 16. However, that just has stairs. Is there any route via Paseo or JR Tower Hotel Nikko which we can use whereby we won't be encountering any stairs on the way to the subway station?

NHK Bldg
      When I searched Google Street View I saw an exit very near the TV Tower with an elevator (Northwest corner of the Odori Park section where the tower stands). However, I can't seem to find the exit number.. Thus, I won't know which exit to use from within the station.

Would anyone be ably to assist by directing us to the nearest Toho Line's exits with escalator/elevator at both the Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station and Odori Toho Line Subway Station, please?
      Secondly, would appreciate if anyone can post the links to the layout maps of Toho Line Sapporo and Odori Stations, please?
      We are hoping to be able to travel between these two places easily and quickly with our trolley bags, without encountering any stairs..

Tq, Mel

• Gichuck's Profile Photo

Seven days by rail in Japan

Japan Sep 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM

My wife and I are spending seven days in Japan, the last week in October. We arrive at Tokyo Haneda early morning on 25 October and fly out of Fukuoka (to Seoul) on 1 or 2 November. In between we'd like to travel with a rail pass and visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima, but we'd also like to see some unspoilt and perhaps less visited parts of Japan's countryside, assuming we would have time. Any suggested itineraries?
      We have both been to Tokyo before, separately and briefly, but have not seen anything of the rest of the country.

• Tokyo to Kyoto

Tokyo Oct 4, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I will be arriving in Japan first week of November. Our travel plans include seeing Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone and Kyoto.
      I have been reading about the JRPass. Which pass should be purchased? Would it be worth it?
      Also, are there any apps that you would recommend downloading prior to our trip? Any Maps? To help get around

• public transport from Haneida Airport to City Centre of Tokyo

Tokyo Sep 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hi everyone, I will arrive Haneida airport very late evening almost 1am. Is there any public transit bus to the hotel in city centre?

Any budget hotels recommend to stay for 2 people

• Japan Winter Trip Itinerary 2016 Help

Japan Sep 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Hi All!

I would like to visit japan on mid february 2017 for 10 days with my BF.
      And i want to visit Tokyo, Fuji Q, Shirakawa-go, Zao onsen in yamagata for snow boarding, and will fly back to my hometown from tokyo.
      I still confused to arrange the itinerary. But I will buy JPrail pass for 7 days, so to go to that place i will use shinkansen.

Day 1: arrived at haneda in the morning, tokyo sightseeing
      Day 2: go to fuji Q and heading back to tokyo
      Day 3: Tokyo disney sea
      Day 4: Shirakawago, I dont think its possible to do return trip from tokyo to shirakawago (or it is possible?)
      Day 5: Heading to Tokyo
      Day 6: Yamagata - Zao, return to tokyo
      Day 7: Kyoto
      Day 8: Kyoto, return to tokyo
      Day 9: Tokyo
      Day 10: Going back home

I think my itinerary is messed up, isnt it?
      Any suggestion for this winter trip?

• Itinerary & general cost of living

Tokyo Oct 1, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Thinking of doing a stop over in Japan Dec/Jan 207/2018 - going via Japan to New Zealand with NZ airlines - on the bucket list for 2 wrinklies!!

Want to see Narito/Hanenko/Kyoto and was thinking of remaining in Tokyo and doing day excursions even though they're long and expensive - Not into hiking/walking cable cars/ropeways excludes many of the Mt Fuji Haven't got the confidence to explore on our own given the language probs - just want to see and experience some of the culture - but definitely no reptiles/snakes as I've got a big phobia - don't mind doing a reasonable amount of walking. Looking at Viator & City Discovery Tours ? - used Viator before

We've also heard horror stories about the cost of living - so we thought that by booking hotels a year out on a free [cancellation basis we'd do a reasonable price - will only stay in hotels with ensuite, but what about food? Anything food that is simple and cheap would be acceptable - quite happy to eat in McDs for a few days to keep prices down

All suggestions much appreciated - know it's a long way off but there is so much planning to do which I will find loads of fun - hoping to slot in Singapore & Hong Kong - kids watch your inheritance disappear!!