change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Transit at Sengakuji Station

Tokyo Oct 13, 2016 at 7:19 PM

I need to go from Asakusabashi Station to Haneda Airport. I have already checked Hyperdia and see there are direct as well as some that require 1 transit at Sengakuji Station, ie:

Can anyone help to clarify about the change of train at Sengakuji please? I see only 1 minute wait. Is the change at the same platform or the platform across?
      I would try to catch the direct train from Asakusabashi to Haneda of cause, but just in case..

Thanks, Mel

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

Day trip to visit snow monkey Park near Nagano from Kyoto or Tokyo?

Tokyo Oct 23, 2016 at 7:46 PM

I will be staying in both places.I s it possible to visit the park as a day trip from either or Tokyo?

• oslocairo's Profile Photo

11 visiting days How much time in Tokyo and Kyoto?

Tokyo Oct 22, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Hi, this will be my first trip to Japan. I would like to stay primarily in Tokyo, I think, in a hostel, but want to see Kyoto. I want to see old architecture and gardens, as well as museums, etc. I also want to see Modern Tokyo too, but am not sure how much time I should spend in each city, as I am limited on time.

Also, any suggested day trips? I like to visit large cities, but then contrast them with a day trip to a smaller more traditional place.

• Tokyo to Kyoto

Tokyo Oct 4, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I will be arriving in Japan first week of November. Our travel plans include seeing Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone and Kyoto.
      I have been reading about the JRPass. Which pass should be purchased? Would it be worth it?
      Also, are there any apps that you would recommend downloading prior to our trip? Any Maps? To help get around

• Itinerary & general cost of living

Tokyo Oct 1, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Thinking of doing a stop over in Japan Dec/Jan 207/2018 - going via Japan to New Zealand with NZ airlines - on the bucket list for 2 wrinklies!!

Want to see Narito/Hanenko/Kyoto and was thinking of remaining in Tokyo and doing day excursions even though they're long and expensive - Not into hiking/walking cable cars/ropeways excludes many of the Mt Fuji Haven't got the confidence to explore on our own given the language probs - just want to see and experience some of the culture - but definitely no reptiles/snakes as I've got a big phobia - don't mind doing a reasonable amount of walking. Looking at Viator & City Discovery Tours ? - used Viator before

We've also heard horror stories about the cost of living - so we thought that by booking hotels a year out on a free [cancellation basis we'd do a reasonable price - will only stay in hotels with ensuite, but what about food? Anything food that is simple and cheap would be acceptable - quite happy to eat in McDs for a few days to keep prices down

All suggestions much appreciated - know it's a long way off but there is so much planning to do which I will find loads of fun - hoping to slot in Singapore & Hong Kong - kids watch your inheritance disappear!!

• Accomodation in Hachioji

by cherryplum Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 12:23 AM

Hello There! Thank you for taking the time to help me. My name is Beth and I`m from England. I have been in Japan for 1 year now....and I am an English Teacher working in Hachioji. Currently I live 35 mins commute away from work, but I`d like to live in Hachioji. I am looking for a new apartment, but I am finding it really difficult. Please tell me what is available and what agencies would be helpful for me in this area. I am considering a Gaijin House, but when I have looked on the internet, it seems like these houses are only available in central Tokyo. Do you know if there are any available in Hachioji? If not, I am willing to pay up to 100,000 per month for rent of an apartment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Warm regards Beth Bradley.

4 Answers May 22, 2004 at 1:46 PM