Haast

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need to rent a car in Auckland

Auckland Jul 23, 2016 at 8:44 AM

We'll be in Auckland for 2 - 3 nights, and want to see the city sights and visit Waiheke Island. Should we rent a car in Auckland?

more
    • BEST RENTAL CAR COMPANY??

New Zealand 5 hours ago

I am looking for a great mode of transport to get around. I'm not into car sharing because I like to have freedom and go or stop when and where I like on the way to places. What is the best car rental company to deal with at a great rate.

more
    • Nayunan's Profile Photo

Need Travel Companion

Auckland Jul 22, 2016 at 1:56 AM

Hi I will be in Auckland in Aug for 8 days, wondering if any local who can provide guidance or help out with my trips..please reach out to me..thanks

more
    • Transportation by bus/train

New Zealand Jul 28, 2016 at 8:33 AM

I will be taking northern explorer from Wellington to Auckland will reach Auckland at about 6:45pm (ngaoho place, the strand, auckland central).. is there any bus from there going to CBD area? any backpacker hotel recommendations? and how far the CBD area from Auckland Airport?.. and from CBD area going to Hobbiton how many hours by bus/train? would really appreciate any help as i will be travelling alone. thanks

more
    • A Bit Here & There

New Zealand Jul 27, 2016 at 1:16 AM

We are a party of four who will be arriving into Auckland on 22 Nov late afternoon. As our hotel is off Queen Street, can someone please advise if it is worth my while to catch a bus to Parnell rose garden or Ponsonby or just stick around the CBD? We will spend the whole of next day in Auckland. Any recommendations? We do not want to do Kelly Tarlton or museums. I am the only one in the party who has been to North Island and I remember from my trip in 2007 visiting One Tree Hill. Is it worth going, seeing that the One Tree has been removed?
      Having read numerous forums suggesting a ferry ride to neighbouring islands/bays, can someone recommend one to us for a half-day visit? We will need to be back to Auckland by 4:00pm as we have to pick up our rental car. We are thinking of grabbing a bite from the Auckland Fish market. Are there fresh oysters there? I have read that it is not as big a set-up as Sydney's Fish market though. I welcome any recommendations on cheap eats.

We will be headed to Hamilton for a short visit at the Hamilton Gardens guided tour the next morning. Can someone recommend any cheap eats along the way from Hamilton to Waitomo Caves? We are booked for a 4:00pm visit to Waitomo Caves.

Any cheap eats recommendation for Matamata is also welcome after our tour of Hobbiton the following day.
      Apart from one night dining at Tamaki, I am seeking recommendations for cheap eats at Rotorua too.
      As we are after a lunch venue at Taupo, can someone recommend a place to go for trout for lunch? I need something fast as we are driving through Taupo to Huka Falls and going on to Napier.
      Which winery restaurant should we visit? I am looking for a dining venue that offers good food and nice view of the vineyard.
      I have read that Wellington is a craft beer city so is Grill Meats Beer worth a visit? any recommendations for a dining venue that serves craft beer and food (burgers, pastas and pizzas would be good.)
      We plan to stop over for lunch at one of the vineyards at Blenheim. Any recommendation on a winery?
      We plan to visit Nin's Bin at Kaikoura. As we are going to be overnight at Kaikoura, any other recommendation is most welcome.
      We would like to visit Fergburger in Queenstown. As we do not take beef, do they serve other meats?
      What else is worth visiting for dining in Queenstown as we have three nights there? We are doing a dinner cruise one night onboard TSS Earnslaw.
      What about dining in Christchurch? Any recommendations?
      Any recommendations for dining in Cromwall? We are doing a 7 hour drive from Christchurch direct to Queenstown? Where is a good place to stop for meals (lunch)?
      Any recommendations for Franz Josef?

On another note, how do I get hold of the Virtual Tourist flag? I would like to have one in my photo.
      Am planning a tandem skydive in Queenstown and Heli Ice Hike in Franz Josef.
      And a ride on the Tranz Alpine.

Thanx in advance.

more
    • Itinerary Help

New Zealand Jul 22, 2016 at 4:49 AM

Hey Guys,

We are planning to travel NZ (South Island) in early December with our 8 year old daughter. Could you pls let me know what you think about this Itinerary ?

28-Nov-16 Christchurch (Reaching CHR in the morninng and planning to spend the day wondering arounthe city)
      29-Nov-16 Hokitika (Leave early morning and drive through Arthers, Punakaki, and reach Hokitika)
      30-Nov-16 Fox Glacier / Franz Josef (Spend the day visiting Glaciers / Walks)
      1-Dec-16 Wanaka (Visit Lake Matherson and go to Wanaka)
      2-Dec-16 Wanaka (Spend the day around Wanaka and Rafting)
      3-Dec-16 Queenstown (Relax, City and Gondola and Dinner
      4-Dec-16 Queenstown (One of Jet Boarting / Ziplining or Visit Arrowtown)
      5-Dec-16 Te Anau (Relax and something around reach Glowworm Cave tour in the evening)
      6-Dec-16 Milford Sound (Drive to Milford for overnight cruise)
      7-Dec-16 Te Anau (Spend the day relaxing)
      8-Dec-16 Tekapo (reach Tekapo in the evening)
      9-Dec-16 Tekapo (Walks arounf the area)
      10-Dec-16 Mount Cook (Visit Hooker Vally Track)
      11-Dec-16 Christchurch (Reach CHR and depart next day night)

Can you please share your thoughts on this.

Should I have to move things around? Is this doable?

Thanks

Asanka & Vishwa

more