VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Guilin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

Travel agent or book myself for domestic flights and river cruise?

China Dec 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM

We will be in Shanghai in early June 2017 and would like to do a Yangtze River cruise from Yichang to Chongqin then fly to Xian for a couple of days then fly back to Shanghai again. Is it feasible to book this myself or does this need to be done through a travel agent and be on a private tour?
      I figure we don't need a tour guide while on the cruise, but is it easy enough to get from end of cruise in Chongqin to airport with maybe a quick look around or trip to the zoo if I just organise a guide/driver myself?

more
    • npg's Profile Photo

Thank you and goodbye

Shanghai Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Sad day being told that VT will be coming to a close! I hope I have been able to help travellers to Shanghai and other destinations. Happy and safe travels to you all and to all the VT staff.

more
    • Transfer to Guilin north Train station

by LauraH45 Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Im wondering if anyone can help me, on november 23rd i will be needing to get to Guilin north train station to take a G-Train to shenzhen.
      will a taxi to take me to the Train station easily enough?

Thanx in advance

6 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM
    • Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

by Ann15S Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

2 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 5:21 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Onward to Longsheng and Sanjiang

by soundchaseruk Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 6:46 AM

5 years ago I tried to get to Yongding (near Longyan) by myself from Xiamen. It was a journey too far for me in just one day so I never got to see the Hakka communities

This Octocer I want to travel to Longsheng and Sanjiang but although i see I can take local busses I wonder if thats the best way. I don't mind having 2-3 days in the area but what is the best way to see villages (such as Kaili) alone? Maybe it is not possible

6 Answers Mar 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Train travel from Guilin to Shanghai

by soundchaseruk Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I may visit Guilin, Longshen, and Guiyang but afterwards will move across to Nanjing. I see that trains go from Guilin to Shanghai and takes about 29hours. Is this recommended as a way to get to the east coast ? I know flying is quicker but the train journey would be a good experience i thought. So would it be easy to travel, without too many changes and interruptions, and is it a sleeper ? I would be travelling alone and am 57

3 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    • Tours to minority villages

by ppakula Online Now Mar 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Hallo,
      Does anyone no if there are any organized tours from Guilin to the minority villages ie. Rongjiang/Chejiang/Sandu/Danzhai/Qingman / Kaili. I am the individual traveller and - for the transportation reasons - it would be easier to join some local tour to more distant destinations.

I am looking forward to any suggestions,
      Cheers,
      Pat

1 Answer Mar 4, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    • Guilin at the end of October

by Annpl Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Hi! I am planning a trip to Guilin at the end of October. Anyone can advise what's the weather/climate going to be like? Will it be wet and cold?

Thanks ^_^

2 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    • yukeying's Profile Photo

Yangshuo

by yukeying Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 12:11 AM

Hi,

How do u go to yangshuo fm Guilin, thanks.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM