Guilin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transfer to Guilin north Train station

by LauraH45 Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Im wondering if anyone can help me, on november 23rd i will be needing to get to Guilin north train station to take a G-Train to shenzhen.
      will a taxi to take me to the Train station easily enough?

Thanx in advance

6 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM
    • Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

by Ann15S Online Now Apr 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

2 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 5:21 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Onward to Longsheng and Sanjiang

by soundchaseruk Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 6:46 AM

5 years ago I tried to get to Yongding (near Longyan) by myself from Xiamen. It was a journey too far for me in just one day so I never got to see the Hakka communities

This Octocer I want to travel to Longsheng and Sanjiang but although i see I can take local busses I wonder if thats the best way. I don't mind having 2-3 days in the area but what is the best way to see villages (such as Kaili) alone? Maybe it is not possible

6 Answers Mar 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Train travel from Guilin to Shanghai

by soundchaseruk Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I may visit Guilin, Longshen, and Guiyang but afterwards will move across to Nanjing. I see that trains go from Guilin to Shanghai and takes about 29hours. Is this recommended as a way to get to the east coast ? I know flying is quicker but the train journey would be a good experience i thought. So would it be easy to travel, without too many changes and interruptions, and is it a sleeper ? I would be travelling alone and am 57

3 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    • Tours to minority villages

by ppakula Online Now Mar 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Hallo,
      Does anyone no if there are any organized tours from Guilin to the minority villages ie. Rongjiang/Chejiang/Sandu/Danzhai/Qingman / Kaili. I am the individual traveller and - for the transportation reasons - it would be easier to join some local tour to more distant destinations.

I am looking forward to any suggestions,
      Cheers,
      Pat

1 Answer Mar 4, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    • Guilin at the end of October

by Annpl Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Hi! I am planning a trip to Guilin at the end of October. Anyone can advise what's the weather/climate going to be like? Will it be wet and cold?

Thanks ^_^

2 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    • yukeying's Profile Photo

Yangshuo

by yukeying Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 12:11 AM

Hi,

How do u go to yangshuo fm Guilin, thanks.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM