VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Guatemala Travel Answers

change location

Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

by balzebre Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM

I arrive to GUA on a 1pm flight and am looking to head to Lanquin the same day. I know of a 3pm shuttle from Guat city to Coban but have found out that public buses from Coban to Lanquin stop around 6pm.

Does anyone know of any private/alternative transportation options that might get me to Lanquin from Coban after the public buses have stopped running?

I have dug around travel guides, blogs, etc and haven't come across a definite answer. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

by jawiwi Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM

The "Monja Blanca" pulman bus runs until 17:00 every hour. 4,5 hours travel time to Cobán.
    8a Av between 15a y 16a Calle, Zona 1, Guatemala City
    Tel: 72511878.

You basicly show up and buy a ticket Q47,-

For more Cobán information:
    http://www.cobanav.net/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Travel from Guatemala City to Lanquin

by jawiwi Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM

jawiwi wrote:

The "Monja Blanca" pulman bus runs until 17:00 every hour. 4,5 hours travel time to Cobán. 8a Av between 15a y 16a Calle, Zona 1, Guatemala City Tel: 72511878.

You basicly show up and buy a ticket Q47,-

For more Cobán information: http://www.cobanav.net/

Sorry I didn't read your post right. I thoughed you talked about going to Cobán.

But I'm pretty sure there are no buses to Lanquín when it's dark. You're best bet is to take the 15:00 shuttle from Guate to Lanquín. You'll arrive around 9 or 10 pm. Maybe you can catch it from Cobán, but I know that pretty unusual. (Busses to Lanquín have to cross Cobán).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Guatemala Travel Answer Locations