VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Groningen Travel Answers

change location

museum de Buitenplaats

by jiupark Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Hey, I'm planning to drive through the northern part of the Netherlands. Museum de Buitenplaats seems like a cool place but the homepage was under construction and I couldn't get any information in English. Is this a place worth a visit? Would I have a hard time due to a language barrier?
Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: museum de Buitenplaats

by qaminari Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM

See jorisvanalphen.com/blog/exhi... which links to books.google.be/books?id=vvS...
    I don't see how there can be a language barrier with respect to figurative art, or the architecture and gardens, although I guess you won't be attending any poetry readings or story-telling sessions! However, it would be unusual for a Dutch museum not to have material available in English.
    This might possibly interest you also: thelateststory.com/tag/museu...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

The Dutch version of the website is up and running, I guess the English version is the part that is under construction.

It looks a great place to visit with the garden and the museum itself.

Enlisg will not be a problem. I cannot think of any Dutch museum, that would not support English speaking visitors.

PJ

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

by nighthawk Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Am living in the northern parts. Do not know if you already visited De Buitenplaats, but I dare to recommend it! most of the times comments in paper are positive, and i am pretty sure you will have no language barrier. .. ah, i could have looked at yr page be4 answering this haha but in case u have not yet visited: am curious about your experience!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines