Goa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accommodation advice please

by Donmax Online Now Feb 20, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Hi, I will be flying to Goa with my boyfriend from 10 Apr 16 for 12 nights and I was hoping for some insight from people who have been recently. We are looking at spending a week in the South then moving North (or vise versa) for a week. We both have quite busy jobs in the UK so we're not keen on moving too much so hoping we can find a good base in each district and hire scooters to explore. Is this viable or are the districts larger than I imagine?
      Looking at Palolem South then maybe Vagator/Anjuna/Baga in the North. Any opinions on these locations would be great? We're both early 30s and like a good drink and some fun but also want to chill out, do day trips and don't want to be surrounded by drunk teenagers all the time.
      Final question and my main concern: do we need to book accommodation at this time of year? I've heard that many of the places are not advertised on the Internet and actually we'd be better off looking around on arrival? I don't want to turn up and end up with nothing appropriate left. We're looking at beach hut type accommodation with some character just slightly better than budget. Thanks in advance for any advice.

more
    • vimal_phobos's Profile Photo

Meet friends

by vimal_phobos Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Hi All,
      i am vimal travelling to goa on 13-17 march from Mauritius island.
      Want to meet group of friends to spend holidays during my stay.
      Looking for: club..pub...rave..trance music..seaside...ear..drink..sight seeing..visits..cycling.swimming
      thx for helping
      Any other advices much appreciated

more
    • Avdhesh007's Profile Photo

Looking For A Travel Partner In Goa in March

by Avdhesh007 Online Now Feb 11, 2016 at 3:02 AM

Hi All

I am Travelling to Goa In March First week, i need Female Travel partner

if anyone travelling to goa please contact

[email protected]

more
    • if u want to change after the swim to visit the church, is there a place

by mitaroy Online Now 17 hours ago

if u want to change afer the swim to visit the church...is there a place

more
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Mumbai to Goa - flight or taxi??

by Tanjavd Online Now Feb 20, 2016 at 12:21 PM

What is the easiest way to travel from Mumbai to Goa? Reason I ask is because Mumbai hotel taxi to airport is more than 1 hour + 1 hour check-in before flight + 1 hour flight + 1 hour to Goa hotel. Isn't a taxi direct from Narriman Point to Candolim easier?

Thanks
      Tanja

more

Top sites to visit in Goa

by Tanjavd Online Now Feb 19, 2016 at 10:33 PM

In April we are spending 5 days in Goa for a relaxing chilling quickie holiday. What are the main things we have to see or visit or do?
      Please also advise main markets for clothes, where the locals shop, spices, etc.

Thanks
      Tanja

more
    • if u want to change after the swim to visit the church, is there a place

by mitaroy Online Now 17 hours ago

if u want to change afer the swim to visit the church...is there a place

• Accommodation advice please

by Donmax Online Now Feb 20, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Hi, I will be flying to Goa with my boyfriend from 10 Apr 16 for 12 nights and I was hoping for some insight from people who have been recently. We are looking at spending a week in the South then moving North (or vise versa) for a week. We both have quite busy jobs in the UK so we're not keen on moving too much so hoping we can find a good base in each district and hire scooters to explore. Is this viable or are the districts larger than I imagine?
      Looking at Palolem South then maybe Vagator/Anjuna/Baga in the North. Any opinions on these locations would be great? We're both early 30s and like a good drink and some fun but also want to chill out, do day trips and don't want to be surrounded by drunk teenagers all the time.
      Final question and my main concern: do we need to book accommodation at this time of year? I've heard that many of the places are not advertised on the Internet and actually we'd be better off looking around on arrival? I don't want to turn up and end up with nothing appropriate left. We're looking at beach hut type accommodation with some character just slightly better than budget. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 Answers Yesterday

Mumbai to Goa - flight or taxi??

by Tanjavd Online Now Feb 20, 2016 at 12:21 PM

What is the easiest way to travel from Mumbai to Goa? Reason I ask is because Mumbai hotel taxi to airport is more than 1 hour + 1 hour check-in before flight + 1 hour flight + 1 hour to Goa hotel. Isn't a taxi direct from Narriman Point to Candolim easier?

Thanks
      Tanja

3 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Top sites to visit in Goa

by Tanjavd Online Now Feb 19, 2016 at 10:33 PM

In April we are spending 5 days in Goa for a relaxing chilling quickie holiday. What are the main things we have to see or visit or do?
      Please also advise main markets for clothes, where the locals shop, spices, etc.

Thanks
      Tanja

3 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 7:23 PM
    • vimal_phobos's Profile Photo

Meet friends

by vimal_phobos Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Hi All,
      i am vimal travelling to goa on 13-17 march from Mauritius island.
      Want to meet group of friends to spend holidays during my stay.
      Looking for: club..pub...rave..trance music..seaside...ear..drink..sight seeing..visits..cycling.swimming
      thx for helping
      Any other advices much appreciated

2 Answers Feb 17, 2016 at 3:32 AM
    • Avdhesh007's Profile Photo

Looking For A Travel Partner In Goa in March

by Avdhesh007 Online Now Feb 11, 2016 at 3:02 AM

Hi All

I am Travelling to Goa In March First week, i need Female Travel partner

if anyone travelling to goa please contact

[email protected]

1 Answer Feb 13, 2016 at 7:02 AM

Luxury hotel/resort close to restaurants/action

by Tanjavd Online Now Feb 4, 2016 at 10:14 PM

We are planning a relaxing/beach getaway to Goa end April and want to stay at the Taj Holiday Village in Candolim, however this hotel looks far from everything.
      Ideally I would like to walk from my hotel to restaurants and shops/markets and not take a taxi every time. Is there any other luxury resorts that is closer to the action? Not the hippies please.

Thanks
      Tanja

3 Answers Feb 13, 2016 at 7:04 AM
    • Baga beach stay

by Archu Online Now Feb 1, 2016 at 7:48 AM

hi me n hubby r staying at mykonos blu in feb. pls suggest how to have a good time and also best way of transport from beach to beach. Thank u.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2016 at 11:29 AM
    • How to do Goa

by AlanMontanaro Online Now Jan 31, 2016 at 7:58 AM

I am going to be in Covalossim for a conference in March.
      I would like to extend my stay in Goa for a week or so - maybe spend 4 days in the South on a quiet beach with some restaurant choices before heading up North for a bit of life. I'm not into the party scene, but wouldn;t mind some live music and a chilled out feel.

Any suggestions?

2 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 3:14 AM

Hippie-free beaches in Goa

by Tanjavd Online Now Jan 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM

We want to go to Goa for a 5-day relaxing sun/beach getaway from our India business trip, but don't know which areas to go where there are no hippies. Don't mind tourists, just not into the hippie scene. Would like to incorporate a Kerala backwater tour in this week as well. Please advise which areas are the best.
      Thanks a million
      Tanja

6 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 12:16 PM
    • AgiM6's Profile Photo

lots of questions.. LOCAL ACTIVITIES/ MOTORBIKE RENTAL/TRAVEL TO HIMACHAL PRADESH AREA

by AgiM6 Online Now Jan 8, 2016 at 12:05 PM

I would be interested in tourist-free local sites and activities in Goa for this year.
      Visiting university, school, orphanage, gym, etc.
      (I am renting a room in Sangolda with my husband for a month.)
      Where could we find Enfield India motorbike to rent?
      Recommendations for getting to Chandigarh by air are also welcome.
      I would be also interested for 2-3 day package tours in Himachal Pradesh.

Thank you so much in advance.
      Any help is truly appreciated.
      A

2 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 6:47 AM
    • Textiles in Goa

by travelhq Online Now Jan 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM

I would like a memory of my impending India visit and decided on curtains.

I am seeking ready made or made to measure long curtains in natural fabric: Silk, Linen or Cotton in deep bright colours that will block some light.

I have no interest in man made fabrics or anything that I could buy in a Western department store.

I will be staying in North Goa.

With thanks,
      Stacey

2 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 6:15 AM
    • ryoukosha's Profile Photo

international license

by ryoukosha Online Now Dec 31, 2015 at 7:35 PM

We're considering renting a car while traveling in Goa (a group of 3 adults with only 1 driver) in order to save cost. Do we need to get an international license? We're also hesitating hearing the crazy traffic in Goa. This is our first family visit to Goa for 10 days.

4 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 8:51 AM
    • any good hostel ?

by YazeedK Online Now Dec 31, 2015 at 4:34 AM

hello

I will back to goa again in 4th january

Last time I booked in lemon tree hotel ( luxury hotel )

This time I want try to book in hostel

or hotel for young people

lemon tree very good too old people

no fun for young people

Im looking for hotel for young people or hostel with private room in north goa ( anjuna , vagator , arambol , baga , arpora )

2 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 5:55 AM
    • Goa travel advice

by AnnieHogie Online Now Dec 26, 2015 at 1:08 AM

I have been asked by one place I've booked to stay to provide 3 photocopies of our passports showing visa, 3 passport size photographs and statement showing transaction of our deposit. I understand the passport copies but not the others. I've been told the photos are for us to register with local police which is mandatory under Indian government rule. Why haven't the other 3 places I'm staying also requested these?

6 Answers Jan 2, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    • What will be best local commuting option in goa in Christmas time

by KalyaniB Online Now Dec 15, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Hi, me n my friend are visiting goa on this Christmas. Vi have heard that the local taxi drivers over-charge too much amount per ride for local rides. And that too December being the peak season, they charge at fullest. In this scene, what will be the best option to hang out to different beaches n forts. We will bw staying near baga beach. Please help me for sorting this out.

1 Answer Dec 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • OnkartheSingh's Profile Photo

Top 3 places to stay in South Goa

by OnkartheSingh Online Now Nov 21, 2015 at 7:23 AM

Hi guys, will be going to Southern Goa from the 20th-Dec until the 30-Dec.

I'm looking to chill out by the beach, stay in a shack and just go for walks/meditations/ayurvedic massages. I'm looking for somewhere with a chilled out atmosphere, is friendly but not packed. I take it, South Goa is the place to go rather than the North?

Thanks,

Onkar

3 Answers Dec 11, 2015 at 1:56 AM
    • moving to goa

by Saibabu Online Now Oct 25, 2015 at 7:52 AM

iam thinking of moving to goa .what is the possibility of finding ajob .it can be anthing that gives me food and shelter .
      ps; i want to live my life completley so it should not drain my complete energy

3 Answers Oct 25, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    • Hotel Haathi Mahal, Cavelossim

by waunwyllt Online Now Oct 21, 2015 at 9:43 AM

I will be visiting this hotel During November and it will be my first visit to Goa. Has anyone got any advice, tips, etc. with regard to the hotel, beaches, places to eat, etc.

I am also hoping to book myself on to the "Triangle Tour", has anyone done this please?

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Reards

3 Answers Oct 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM
    • ahluwalia_deepak's Profile Photo

Goa....finally

by ahluwalia_deepak Online Now Oct 13, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Hi, will be reaching goa on 14th night and have time till Sunday...is someone there in Goa ? What are best places to cover ?

2 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    • Goa to Thailand

by ethan23tyler25 Online Now Sep 27, 2015 at 3:39 AM

While Im on holiday in Goa I would like to fly to Thailand stay for 1 week, then fly back to Goa. Would my visa allow re entry. All information would be appreciated. TIA

2 Answers Sep 27, 2015 at 5:38 AM
    • Price of Beer in Goa

by vivekrao111 Online Now Sep 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM

I came to know that the state Govt. has hiked the taxes on Petrol and Liquor in Goa. So what is the new cost of a pint and bottle of Budweiser in Goa. We are planning for a guys trip so lots of beer will be required. answer will help us with budgeting n all. Thanks

• joseph_thar's Profile Photo

any sharing travellers?

by joseph_thar Online Now Sep 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM

i am going to goa from pune tomorrow .(10-9-2015 to 15-9-2015).driving alone in my new jeep..will be there for 4-5 days! anybody wish to join in travel ?thankyou

2 Answers Sep 9, 2015 at 3:59 AM
    • Elephant safari in Goa.

by Nigelslot Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 2:03 AM

is it possible to arrange an elephant safari for a day for around 7 people including an enthusiastic 9 year old? .guide to prices in euros would help.

2 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 4:08 AM
    • Is this safe.?

by immy_tn Online Now Jul 19, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi all..am planning to land on goa by september end,is climate good that time.?
      also advise me on this-am planning to visit with my fiance.is this safe there?also advise me safe hotel to reside and how much expense will be.?plz suggest..

7 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 2:55 AM
    • Local Experience

by Viru365 Online Now Jul 14, 2015 at 4:23 AM

I am landing Goa on 21st Sep 2015 early morning around 6:30 am.. Can anyone please tell me is their any local/private bus facility available which will take me from Dabolim airport to Candolim/Calangute/Baga beach directly or indirectly??

5 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    • Sachin11's Profile Photo

What all to watch after landing in calangute Beach

by Sachin11 Online Now Jul 12, 2015 at 2:03 AM

HI, what are the places that are worth watching near calangute beach??, apart from the calangute beach itself ofcourse, we have planned for nearly 3 days in north goa during our goa trip commencing from 6th November. How shall i plan for 3 enjoyful days in north goa. Any suggestions please ??

5 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    • Sachin11's Profile Photo

How to travel in night?

by Sachin11 Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Hello everyone!!
      I am visiting Goa in the month of November, we will land on Dabolim Airport at 9:30 PM IST, can we get yellow - black prepaid taxi on this time to travel to calangute beach?, how much it generally costs?

6 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    • Doodhsagar falls

by ajitp Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 3:20 AM

We wish to drive from Belgaum to Madgaon, Goa on13th July. On the way we plan to visit Doodhsagar falls.
      Question 1: Where do we get the jeep to see the falls? Will the jeep take us close to the falls - how much to walk?
      Question 2: How much time we should provide for this excursion - Colem to Falls and back?
      ajit

;

2 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 1:52 AM
    • Goa : July 20-25

by ChitharanjanK Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Suggestions, places to visit, party, girls

5 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 3:21 AM