Glacier National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe east memphs

Memphis Oct 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

i need to stay near east memphis, is this a safe area? what hotels are recommended in the area? i saw some reviews that mentioned drug traffcking in parking lots and i want to be sure that i am booked in a hotel in a good area

• Best way to travel around Nashville at night with a child

Nashville Oct 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I am visiting Nashville for a concert at TPAC. Safety is my main concern with a child in tow. Should I stay at Doubletree or another downtown hote...or in another location in Nashville?

Should I use a cab or Uber (which company if you know of a good one...) for travel late at night or attempt to park and walk?

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• evening shows + observatories?

New Mexico Oct 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Hello, I'm a TA wanting to explore NM & I'm curious about:
      a) a location (other than usual suspects i.e. albuquerque/santa fe) that might have

a evening show of sorts i.e. a amphitheatre wi/entertainment?

b) a location in NM.....(anywhere south) that might have a observatory where folks

can star gaze?

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• Sharon61bio's Profile Photo

Old School Seafood Platter

Saint Petersburg Sep 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Where is the best place in the Clearwater/St Pete area to get a really good fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, clams and scallops?

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• Hotels In New Orleans

New Orleans Oct 19, 2016 at 6:49 AM

We are visiting NO next summer. Does anyone know where to stay? We are 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      We want a good hotel, 3 or 4 stars in a safe city area.

Best regards

• A place to freshen up

Asheville Oct 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM

I am planning a surprise party that will have separate groups coming from different parts of the country arriving on the same day. Sleeping accommodations are taken care of but having them arrive there before the party would ruin the surprise. Is there a good place the parties could meet mid to late afternoon and freshen up after their travels?

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• TimC52's Profile Photo

vegas stag do night

Las Vegas Oct 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM

i have been given the epic task of organizing the stag do in Vegas day time is sorted it just night time events we are going out on tuesday the 29 nov and looking for ideas for were to drink and what to do any help on this would be great

thankyuo all in advance

• How good is the nightlife in Kansas City?

Kansas City Oct 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Kansas City? many thanks

• Nature photography workshops

United States of America Oct 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM

I want to hear suggestions for the best nature photography workshops as I love nature photography and want to grow as the nature photographer. I am in Los Angeles and ready to travel for the workshops.

• alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

First visit to Boston for the weekend!

Boston Oct 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM

We will be traveling to Boston this weekend for the first time! We will be staying near downtown and would like some suggestions on must do's.

We are also looking to take a day and travel by train to Portland ME to visit. If anyone has any suggestions on must do's in Portland we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Staying in Boston

Boston Sep 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Wie are a mid 50 couple. Will be coming to Boston in mid October for the first time for 3 nights.
      What is the best area to stay and see the touristic interest?

• nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

When and Where to Stay on the Alabama Coast

Alabama Oct 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Looking for either December or early April to go to Alabama. Never been. Want to do the coast. Which is the nicest beach, not too loud. Is the water warm enough in December or April/May.

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

Miami Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

• How good is the nightlife in Newport Beach?

Newport Beach Oct 7, 2016 at 5:54 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife any good? many thanks

• Transport to Inyokern

Lancaster Oct 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to get from Lancaster CA to Inyokern. We have a shuttle booked with Antelope to get from LAX to Lancaster but need onward travel to Inyokern.

• NYE in Boston

Boston Sep 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM

We are a family of four adults 54, 55, 24,20. We would like to know the best things to do on NYE, do we stay in a hotel on the waterfront or downtown? Also do we splash out on one of the hotel packages or is there enough to do around the waterfront/copley square with the first night celebration. We are there for five nights, is everything open, what itinerary would be best and can anyone recommend any mid range hotels and restaurants? Thank you

• New Years Eve

New York City Oct 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Hi all,

My husband and I (both 27) will be in New York for new year and as everyone else seems to we are struggling with what to do. I literally refuse to go anywhere near time square but would still like a bar/lounge/party to go to. I've read the Chelsea area is the place to be? Has anyone got any suggestions please? Is it best to eat late afternoon? Thanks :-)

• best RV Campground

by JimR73 Online Now Aug 12, 2016 at 2:46 PM

We plan to visit Glacier NP in early September staying in our travel trailer. We were planning to stay at the KOA Saint Mary on the East side. NOw we are finalizing the plans and considering the KOA in West Glacier. Any iinformation or opinions is appreciated

3 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM
    • Trailhead to trailhead shuttle

by Luke-dog Online Now Aug 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Is it possible to arrange a shuttle from trailhead to trailhead to close the loop on a backpacking trip? Thinking I want a ride for two from Kintla Lake back to Waterton Park trailhead.

• Drive from Seattle to Glacier National Park

by mdees2000 Online Now Aug 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Driving from Seattle to GNP in November. Wondering what the road conditions and weather will be like. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM
    • Best route to Glacier from Banff

by MarkE147 Online Now Dec 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM

In mid to late June, we're going to visit Banff & Jasper first, then drive to Glacier. What are the pros & cons of the west route (via 95/93 to Kalispell) versus the eastern approach (via 2/89 to St. Marys)? Since we will have multiple days in the area, I'm more interested in thoughts about the scenery on the routes and road conditions rather than where to stay and what to see once we are at the park.

7 Answers Dec 28, 2015 at 5:46 PM
    • gerryexide's Profile Photo

end September-October Visit

by gerryexide Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 8:40 AM

What kind of weather can we expect for a visit by end Sept to 1st wk of Oct 2015?

Thanks to give tips..

7 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    • Suggestions for trip to Canmore

by bendtraveler7 Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 8:07 AM

We are 2 senior couples who be traveling from Billings Montana to Canmore Alberta. We intent to go through Glacier National Park and Waterton National Park on the way, the first week of August. Any suggestions of what to see, where to stop and where to eat?

1 Answer Aug 4, 2015 at 10:00 AM
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Park on Fire

by Dymphna1 Online Now Jul 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM

There are over 4,000 acres on fire. St. Mary's is in danger of the fire. One historic cabin has been consumed. Some roads are closed at Big Bend. Parts of the park have been evacuated.

4 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 12:07 PM
    • Jagjita's Profile Photo

Driving from Seattle to Glacier National Park in June

by Jagjita Online Now May 23, 2015 at 10:39 AM

I'm planning a 5 day trip from Seattle to West side of GNP. Can someone please help with answers to the following queries,

1) Is driving from Seattle to GNP safe in early June. Would all the roads be open? What type of vehicle should i rent? Would a normal 2 wheel sedan be ok?
      2) I'm planning to stay in Kallispell and drive to West side for day trips and come back to base. Any suggestions if this is a good idea?
      3) My father who is 70 years old is accompanying me so hiking is ruled out. Any suggestions on what can we cover by road and any must see locations?

7 Answers May 26, 2015 at 11:36 AM
    • Buckeyerunner34's Profile Photo

Driving/parking in glacier

by Buckeyerunner34 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM

My friend and I are backpacking through glacier September 18 - September 22. We will be exiting through sperry trailhead. My question is 1. Is there parking near sperry trailhead or somewhere close enough that we can hike there reasonably. 2. Since the free shuttles will be down by our dates are there other forms of transportation available to take us to either our car or hotel on going the sun road? Thank you.

8 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • Canoeing on lakes in park

by gofedler Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Which lake has the best view for canoeing

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    • Waterfall room

by fuzzybug05 Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM

where is the waterfall room in Glacier National Park located?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Daisylove's Profile Photo

Which is a better boat tour?

by Daisylove Online Now May 30, 2014 at 6:07 AM

I am going for a vacation at the Glacier National Park. There are a few boat tours , namely McDonald Lake, Two Medicine Lakes, St Mary Lake & Many Glacier. We are going to choose 1 cruise among the 4. May I know which cruise give the best scenic view? Thanks

2 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    • Stoney Indian Pass

by kaplaw Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What kind of snow accumulation can I expect going over Stoney Indian Pass in early July?

2 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • Ideal Date to Visit

by BobDole Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 7:22 AM

What is the best time to visit the park for hiking this year? I am hoping to go first week in august.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • Yellowstone to Glacier National Park

by GloriaRitchie Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are driving from Yellowstone to Glacier towing a 20 ft travel trailer. We are concerned as to the elevation and the roads going up. Looks like we will be taking 15 to Helena and 287 to 89.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • where to stay 34' rv

by mocsabj Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM

planning a trip to Glacier N P. staying in Fish creek campground, either loop A or B.
      would one be better than the other for a 34' rig?

• Where and how?

by Bsmith11 Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I want to plan a week long trip to Glacier this July. Where would you recommend I go? What permits and reservations do I need? And how do I obtain them?

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • Campground reservation

by Barb540 Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Is it too early to make campsite reservation's for mid August,,we will be pulling a small trailer and plan to stay 5 to 6 days. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • jennyzichterman's Profile Photo

Camp in Many Glacier or St. Mary's campground?

by jennyzichterman Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM

We are planning a week-long visit to Glacier in July of 2014. We will spend 3 nights at Fish Creek and then 4 nights on the east side of the park. We would love to stay in Many Glacier CG but arriving early with our gear and kids could be difficult. Is it worth the extra effort to stay in Many Glacier or is a reservable site in St Mary's CG nearly as good?

2 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Places to stay

by rickd11 Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Going to Glacier in early May. I understand that everything may not be full swing, but what would be the closest city to the park that has bars and restaurants that are open. Any hotel suggestions by name would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

5 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    • redbikegirl's Profile Photo

Sperry Chalet and Granite Park Chalet

by redbikegirl Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Sperry Chalet and Granite Park Chalet will start taking reservations on Monday, October 28th. Both Chalets fill up quickly so if you're planning on visiting Glacier next year and considered hiking and staying at one of these historic chalets, make reservations soon. We've stayed overnight at Sperry and hiked to Granite Park Chalet and both are well worth the visit.

3 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • Backcountry backpacking trip

by scharbarth37 Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

5 (college seniors) guys all in good/great physical shape with little to no backpacking experience but lots of outdoor experience are looking to take a backcountry backpacking trip in Glacier National Park. We're looking to spend 5 days and 4 nights (could be flexible) around the first week of June. Any advice would be great as we're just starting to research for the trip.

5 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Group with Campers and Kids

by scotpettit Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM

We are planning a trip for next summer from Seattle. There are 3 groups with med to small trailers and several kids. It will be our first visit to Glacier. What is the best campground for trailers and kids when coming from the west; preferably one which takes reservations. Our thought is to stay there a few nights and explore the park. We have more time, are there other areas of Montana good to explore? Our last stop will be Farragut State Park so something in between would be nice.

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • North Circle Loop aka: Many Glacier Loop

by Honkyfire Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Anyone hitting this trail Sept 13 - 18? Me and two ys are. We are just as wondering who's coming.

• Camping at seasonally closed campgrounds?

by bikecamper888 Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Has anyone had experiences with camping at campgrounds in Glacier that are closed seasonally? My partner and I are going there next week, and a couple of the places we'd planned to go (Avalanche, Rising Sun) will be closed for the season. We'll be on bicycles, so getting around barriers won't be a problem. We're also prepared for bears. But are campgrounds regularly checked by park staff? Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • giardia danger

by chrisengdahl Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

does lake mcdonald contain giardia?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    • Overnight parking

by LarryBr Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Can you leave a hard sided travel trailer in Fish Creek campground unattended for the night? We have reservations, but we are going to do a back-country hike. If not, where can you park a trailer to go hiking overnight?

• steve1959's Profile Photo

lodging in sept

by steve1959 Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Planning to visit glacier the second week of Sept and was wondering if hotel rooms would be available on short notice? Not sure what day we will arrive and would like to just get rooms as we go.

3 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • Is this too ambitious a hike?

by arud5 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I'm planning on leaving from Logan's pass, taking the Highline trail to the chalet, then going through switcurrent pass to many glacier, and finally heading to cracker lake to spend the night. Is that too much for one day?

3 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Bear Spray

by GPrud Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 5:36 AM

I plan to pick up bear spray near West Glacier for a back country hike starting on August 6. I'd welcome ideas on how to acquire it economically. Can I mail it home after the trip? I can't check it on the plane.

13 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 8:04 AM