Gjøvik

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bergen card

Bergen Jul 10, 2016 at 6:36 AM

Should we buy a Bergen card for two days in Bergen? We'll be staying on Vikens gate. Planing to see the main museums and the church. Thank you.

more
    • Difficulty reading ferry schedule

Lofoten Jul 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I'm having problems with the ferry schedule from Moskenes to Bodø on Saturdays in July. When are the departures?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • UPCOMING NORWAY ITINERARY QUERY

Norway Jul 8, 2016 at 2:30 AM

Hi There,

I (31yrs) and my wife (30yrs) , along with my Parents (60yrs) (Total 4 people) are planning to visit norway for our vacation next week.(Starting July 15th 2016)

We all love to travel. We would love to see norway with different means of transport to get around & see...like Air , Road , Ferry & rail. We are not much into hiking & camping but do enjoy places of interest on our way. We are vegetarians and would be preferring to Rent apartments wherever we go, considering there might not be enough options for us eating outside. Also we are comfortable cooking quick meals & pack them for our On the go tours.

After going through few itineraries and Search I have put down the following plan. Would really appreciate if anybody can let ms know if the plan is smooth & workable. Any suggestions are welcome.

15th July : 3: 30 AM : New Delhi to Oslo (12 noon , 15th july) (14hrs including stopover)

overnight stay in oslo.

16th : Oslo to Svolvaer By Air. (we may have to do this via bodo OR oslo to bodo by air & bodo to svolvaer by ferry). Renting a Car in svolvaer . (expensive?) Overnight in Svolvaer or Kabelvag.

17th : Driving on E10 , exploring Lofoten on the way to Reine . Overnight in Reine. (Robuer Stay).

18th : Morning : Moskenes to Bodo Ferry. And then we have to go from BODO to ANDALSNES.

For this which option should we do :

A. Bodo to Andalsnes via Trondheim , Dombas BY RAIL (We may do overnight train to reach next morning) OR

B. Bodo to Trondheim By Air and Trondheim to Andalsnes via Dombas By Rail?

19th : Renting a Car in Andalsnes to reach Geiranger via trollstigen.

19th : We will have Car to drive around . Also we can do Geiranger cruise that day. Overnight stay on Geirangerfjord area. (any recommendations?)

20th : Driving around Geiranger. Stay in Geiranger.

21st : Driving to Alesund & dropping Car.

Alesund to Bergen By Air. Overnight stay in bergen.

22nd : Bergen sighseeing for a day. Overnight stay in bergen.

23rd : Bergen To Flam (Norway in nutshell). Overnight stay in Flam.

24th : Flam to Oslo : overnight in Oslo.

25th : Oslo sightseeing.

26th ; Morning Flight Back to Delhi.

We would welcome any suggestions if we are cramping too much or overstaying any place which can be changed. I know its last minute & we have lot of bookings to do in term of transportation & accommodation.

Thanks

Ashish

more
    • AlperIst's Profile Photo

Oslo Airport transport

Oslo Jul 6, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Hello,

I have FI317 08:25 flight from Oslo to Reykjavik. If I take the 22:59 train from Bergen and arrive at 06:25 at Oslo, can I go to the airport to take my flight on time? Flytoget Airport Express Train takes 22 minutes from Oslo S to the airport, the website says.

Best wishes,
      Alper Metin

more
    • travel to norway from 27 Oct to 04 Nov 2016

Norway Jul 22, 2016 at 5:23 AM

Hi, we are planning to travel to Norway and will be arriving into Olso on 27 Oct. we would like to visit Tromso, Bergen, Alesund. (By train or Cruise)... Any suggestions? Thank

more
    • gatorcat's Profile Photo

Flåm to Bergan?

Norway Jul 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Hi,
      I am trying to plan Norway in a Nutshell for two. I have planned from Oslo to Flåm. I am now trying to get reservations for boat from Flåm to Gudvangen. The one I was searching for included Nærøyfjord in Sognefjord. It then connects with a bus from Gudvangen to Voss. Then train from Voss to Bergan.
      The next leg is coastal steamer Bergan to Kristiansund.
      Can anyone help me with these plans and reservations. I seem to be stuck.

more
    • gatorcat's Profile Photo

Bergen to Kristiansund via Geirangerfjord

Norway 15 hours ago

Hi,
      My plan was for two of us to travel from Bergen to Kristiansund traveling via Hurtigruten through Geirangerfjord. Today I was informed the boat is having problems and our reservations are cancelled. We were scheduled to leave 14th August and arrive 15th August. Can anyone give me any viable alternatives? I am traveling with my daughter and she has never visited Norway before.
      Thanks

more
    • Currency options

Norway Jul 2, 2016 at 8:39 PM

Hearing numerous conflicting answers as of late I'm travelling to Norway & Sweden shortly from Australia can I use my Visa debit card as opposed to ordering NOK & SEK before I leave have been told I can't withdraw from ATMs very confused

more
    • Trolltunga and Preikestolen in 10 days

Norway Jul 5, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Hello,
      My friend and I are busy making plans to visit Norway.
      Our trip starts at Oslo (where our plane lands). Then we are going to take the train to Voss, and a bus to Tyssedal to start our hike to Trolltunga. We have planned a 3 day trip to Trolltunga, Mosdalsbu to end in Odda.
      Then we woud like to visit Prekestolen and Kjerag. But we are not sure what the best way is to get there starting from Odda?
      Tips and trips would be appreciated

more
    • Oslo and day trips

Norway Jun 30, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I can book a flight to Oslo in early september for 6 full days. I mostly like nature and want to see beautiful views, but also interested to get to know Oslo. how much time should I stay in Oslo in your opinion? Should I book "Norway in a nutshell" trip? The flight back will be from Oslo too so I can book a round trip but which one? It seems as if it's a lot of rides for 2 day trips but they're going from one place to another and don't have time to stay and visit the cities.... So is it worth it? Or maybe should I book an airbnb for 6 nights in Oslo and take day trips on my own... will it be cheaper?

I will also be in Trondheim for a week in November to visit a friend of mine and she'll take me to some nice places to see but it will be in the winter so it's probably better if I see some of this beauty in September. But again, I don't want to feel as if I missed getting to know Oslo. I may take a longer trip to Norway next summer for 3 weeks and then I have more time for everything. The question is what to do in this 6.5 days.... Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Currency cash v credit

Norway Jul 2, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Will I incur a fee when withdrawing from ATMs in Norway & Sweden?
      I'm travelling from Australia and wanted to use my Visa Debit card instead of pre ordering NOK & SEK and having excess cash

more
    • abbasathar's Profile Photo

Bergen to Oslo travel

Norway Jul 17, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Could someone suggest the best option for experiencing the Fjords, Bergen/ Flam Railway, Cruise and related scenic beauty on the following skeletal travel schedule (For first half of September 2016).

Day one - Depart from Bergen
      Day four - Reach Oslo by evening.

Regards,

more
    • Q abt Gjøvik transit station (skysstasjon)

by solskinn Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 5:30 AM

How easy is it at Gjøvik skysstajon to change over from one bus to the next? Are the platforms/bus bays close by to one another. Am interested in particular in changing over from Totenekspressen (Oslo to Gjøvik) to local (Oppland) bus Gjøvik to Fagernes. Have abt 5 min to change over according to online timetables - hence the worry!!!

4 Answers Apr 15, 2008 at 3:07 AM