change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zone_de_guerre's Profile Photo

Arriving late in Tbilisi

T'bilisi Sep 19, 2016 at 5:58 AM

Hi all I arrive at 3am in Tbilisi in December so its going to be freezing! Does anyone know of any accommodation that I could check into that early in the morning? I have booked accommodation but despite repeated attempts at e mailing and calling I have had no success in getting an answer as no one responds!

2 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 10:16 PM
    • fionaglasgow's Profile Photo

Kutaisi to Vardzia

K'ut'aisi Sep 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Looking for advice about options for travelling by public transport or budget tour in October from Kutaisi to Vardzia returning to Kutaisi either the same day or with an overnight stay. Please can anyone give me advice?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 3:51 AM
    • Mestia to Ushguli transports

Georgia Sep 10, 2016 at 9:09 AM

Hey guys, need your advice.
      We are a couple doing the Mestia to Ushguli trek on the 23 to 27 of September. But we got screwed with the flights we wanted to catch to Mestia.
      So we land in Tbilisi on the 22, missing the night train, so we'll catch the morning marshutka and start the trek the next day probably? (other suggestions?) so we finish it on the 27 early morning in Ushgulii and we need to be at Tbilisi by 23:00 PM the same day. What's the best way?
      I don't want to rush the 3rd day and skip the 4th just to somehow catch the night train a day before....but I do want to find a proper way to get to Tbilisi the same day for the flight back home..
      thanks all,

• Chabad and Great synagogue

T'bilisi Jun 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Still looking for hotel in short walking distance to Chabad and the great synagogue.Will be there in 2 weeks from today

4 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    • Sheki, Azerbaijan to Georgia by public transport

Georgia Jun 4, 2016 at 6:27 AM

After I leave Sheki, Azerbaijan, I would like to travel to one of the Georgian cities such as Signagi only relying on public transport before finally arriving at Tbilisi.

know it would be better to come directly to Tbilisi first and get around Georgia but I would like to shorten my route as much as I could. So, if I would like to travel in this route Sheki - Signagi - Tbilisi, is there public transport like marshrutka connecting those cities? Thanks.

In case where there is no direct transport service, could you please tell me any alternative routes via nearby cities? (such as lagodeki, zaqatala..)

1 Answer Jun 5, 2016 at 3:52 AM
    • good hotel in walking distance of Chabad and Great synagogue

T'bilisi May 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Any recommendation for a good hotel in Old Town in walking distance of Great synagogue and Chabad would be appreciated as don't travel on the Sabbath and hard for me to walk far

1 Answer Jun 1, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    • Travel from Kutaisi to Mestia and Batumi

K'ut'aisi May 17, 2016 at 12:51 PM

We are 2 couples from South Africa, touring Georgia June 2016.
      Can you please help with prices, time tables, route and duration of Martshrutka and Georgian bus from Kutaisi to Mestia.Which would you recommend, bus or martshrutka?
      Then, travel from Mestia to Batumi, what type of transport, Martshurtka, bus or train? Price, time table, route and duration please, if possible.
      We need to depart Mestia and arrive at Batumi on the same.
      THANK YOU! Will be much appreciated.

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Are there regular marshrutki between Kutaisi and Borjomi? Distance from city to airport?

K'ut'aisi May 4, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Hello all
      I'm flying home from Kutaisi and just wondering what travel links are like out of the city? Is it easy to get to/from Borjomi?
      How far is the airport form Kutaisi?
      Is it difficult to get to the cultural attractions nearby such as the limestone pillar in Katskhis?
      Thanks everyone

2 Answers May 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM
    • Braheem's Profile Photo

Advice on 10 Days Itinerary for Georgia in Middle May 2016

T'bilisi Apr 29, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Hello Every one,
      I hope you can advise me on my trip to Georgia around Middle of May 2016. The tentative Itenerary is:
      Day 1: Tbilisi
      Day 2: Tbilisi – Kazbegi -Tbilisi
      Day 3: Tbilisi-Gori - borjomi-kharagauli national park
      Day 4: borjomi-kharagauli national park
      Day 5: borjomi-kharagauli national park – Kutaisi – martvilis- Okatse canyon- Kutaisi
      Day 6: Kutaisi - Batumi Mestia
      Day 7: Batumi
      Day 8 : Batumi – Kutaisi
      Day 9: Kutaisi – Mestia(Flight)
      Day 10: Mestia – Tbilisi (Flight)
      Do you think this is good? Do I need to delete some places? Is Batumi Worth it?
      Thank you in advance :)

2 Answers Apr 30, 2016 at 2:42 AM
    • car rental Georgia

T'bilisi Feb 26, 2016 at 7:12 AM

Does anyone have experience with car rental and car rental companies in Georgia? Especially in Tbilisi? Any companies that you recommend?

• Tblisi stamps for collectors

T'bilisi Feb 13, 2016 at 9:31 AM

Dear all...

Going to TBS for the first time in May.
      Collecting stamps is my hobby..
      Do you know where to find shops or markets
      for this ?

Best regards
      Steen , Denmark

4 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 4:41 AM
    • Bob_v_H's Profile Photo

Georgia in March

Georgia Feb 4, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Dear readers,

I will be visiting Georgia in the first half of March for 10 days. The main reason for my visit is to go skiing in Gudauri, but I would also like to see more of the country, as I've never been to this part of the world and might never get to see it again. Of course I've done some research trying to figure out what places I should visit, and I've found some beautiful places when it comes to nature (i.e. Tusheti). But because I'll be there in the beginning of March, I'm not sure whether it would be warm enough to visit a place like Tusheti or even possible (as I've read the roads aren't accessible all year round). So I was wondering if someone who knows the country well and knows what it's like in March could give me advise on what would be the nicest activity in Georgia in March besides skiing.

Kind regards, Bob

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Absolute 'must see's in Georgia? And a few other questions....:)

Georgia Jan 10, 2016 at 2:33 AM

Hello all I'm in the early stages of planning a Georgia trip and I was wondering if anyone could recommend the absolute 'must see' things and places in the region. It looks like I will be flying into Kutaisi airport so will be starting from that side :) At the moment, Kutaisi, Gori, Tbilisi are pretty much dead certainties, with a couple of day trips out of Tbilisi looking very promising. I'm heavily into military history so if anyone can recommend something based on this, I'd love to hear it! Of course, seeing the mountains, the old ways of life, old architecture etc are high up on the list too As a final note, I heard about a bus journey between Tbilisi and Yerevan which takes in all the interesting sites along the route. I think it's an organised bus trip run by 2 hostels. Has anyone heard about this and is it still running? At the moment, i'm thinking of spending 6-8 days in Georgia. Hopefully that will be enough for starters :) Thanks in advance everyone!!!! Douglas

5 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • HenriettaStackpole's Profile Photo

Where can I hear polyphonic singing in Georgia in May?

Georgia Dec 29, 2015 at 6:10 AM

I'll be in Georgia during the first two weeks in May and I really want to hear a choir or other singers perform polyphonic signing. It could be amateurs or professionals.

Right now, my itinerary is open, so I can plan my destinations accordingly. Please advise where I could best here this beautiful music. Any churches, for example?

Thanks in advance for you help!

• Guide to summit

Kazbegi Dec 10, 2015 at 11:35 PM

How to get in contact with local and proffesional guide ?

2 Answers Dec 11, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    • ifthi3d's Profile Photo

Explore Georgia in 10 days - Advice needed on itinerary and visa support

Georgia Nov 18, 2015 at 6:05 AM

1. Recently there were news about some Indian (passport) tourists denied entry eventhough they had UAE residence/job visa with them. Should I be worried?
      I have all other documents with me now:
      Return tickets, Hostel bookings from, passport, valid UAE visa, Travel and health insurance, bank statements with enough funds. Is this enough for me?

2. I am hoping for a maximum of Georgian experience with my limited time (10 days ), A friend suggested me some places as following:
      Day 1. Tbilisi,
      2. kakheti
      3. kazbegi , ananuri church
      4. mtsketa, uplistsikhe, ateni, chiatura, asnd stay in kutaisi.
      5. explore kutaisi region.
      6. svaneti - via zugdidi for dadiani palace, khatsvali.
      7 & 8. svaneti ,ushguli, go back via batumi or borjomi and bakuraini, if have time then akaltsike for rabat.
      9 . back to tblisi, spare day.
      10. early morning return flight
      And other destinations are Racha and shovi, I don't know how to include this! So would really appreciate your help and suggestions.

2 Answers Nov 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    • Relocating to Georgia

T'bilisi Nov 18, 2015 at 4:34 AM

Hello All,

My husband and I are planing on relocating to Georgia possibly, I do however have lots of questions running through my mind, especially about my two dogs, who happen to be Pit bulls, In terms of pet service, what is it like for pet dogs living in Georgia ?

Another question I have, instead of renting, we are planing on buying a home, i know cost ranges differ , but a rough approximate for an ordinary home ?

Last but not least, considering my pets, what is the best location ? I am also a professional dog walker, so if I decide to continue my profession in Georgia, is it a good idea or bad ?

• Jesperp's Profile Photo

Railway stations names: Fonts

Georgia Nov 6, 2015 at 8:43 AM

What font is shown at the stations?

2 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 1:24 PM
    • Help needed

Georgia Oct 22, 2015 at 6:51 AM

Hey guys!

I will go to Georgia in December. I was wondering, is there a chance that I can complete the route Ushguli-Mestia-Zugdidi-Batumi in one day?

2 Answers Nov 7, 2015 at 3:54 AM
    • Kazbegi - Tbilisi

Kazbegi Oct 22, 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hey guys!

Can somebody tell me at what time does the first marshrutka departures from Kazbegi to Tbilisi?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Phrasebook in Russian

Georgia Oct 21, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Is it okay to use a Russian Language Guide (phrasebook in Russian) in Georgia?

3 Answers Oct 21, 2015 at 11:06 AM
    • Ally_lulu's Profile Photo

GAY night life

T'bilisi Oct 20, 2015 at 12:40 AM

hi my friend is travelling to Georgia anyone knows if there is open GAY BAR in T'bilisi, Georgia?

thanks Mucho

2 Answers Oct 20, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    • Annali-Floris's Profile Photo

Road from Sighnaghi to Kazbegi

T'bilisi Oct 7, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Hi everybody,

We plan to be in Georgia in June next year.

We'll rent a car, drive from Tbilisi first to Mtsketha, to Sighnaghi, to Kazbegi, to Gori, etc.

Is there a passable road between Sighnaghi and Kazbegi via Kvareli and Akhmeta without first going back via Tbilisi?

Please help.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • Kazbegi - in October cold weather

Kazbegi Oct 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM

We will be heading to Tbilisi by Oct. 14-18. Is it worthwhile to visit Kazbegi for a day trip and trek to the Gergeti church when the forecast is a cold 5 deg celsius weather?

1 Answer Oct 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • Mts'khet'a to Gori

Mts'khet'a Sep 13, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi everyone! I' m planning my trip to Georgia for october and I would like to know if it's possible to go from Mtskheta to Gori by marshrutka, or if you have to go back to Tbilisi to take the marshrutka to go to Gori. If marshrutka is not possible, taxi would be?? Thank you very much!!

3 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    • Renting in Kutaisi

K'ut'aisi Sep 8, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Where else to look for Apartment / Room Renting in Kutaisi ? Do people also mainly reply on the local newpapers for this ? As online very few from Kutaisi and 20 times less than Tbilisi. And if renting through agencies, how much are their fees ?

2. Any guidances for using Internet, Internet cafes and free Wifi etc in Kutaisi ?

1 Answer Sep 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM
    • hooiluangoh's Profile Photo

T'bilisi cafe and fruit in season

T'bilisi Sep 2, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Are cafes popular in T'bilisi? What fruit are in season in September in Georgia?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Mini bus from Mestia to Tbilisi

Mestia Aug 30, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Are there mini-buses that go from Mestia to Tbilisi? I was going to catch the mini bus from Mestia to Zugdidi, then change to train to Tbilisi. But if there is a mini buss that goes all the way, maybe it is easier.

3 Answers Sep 12, 2015 at 2:35 AM

Mini bus from Mestia to Zugdidi

Mestia Aug 30, 2015 at 2:08 AM

Are there many mini buses from Mestia to Zugdidi during the day from maybe 10am in the morning, and not 6am?

• Foreigners need registration in Georgia ?

T'bilisi Aug 27, 2015 at 10:55 AM

To Russia and Belarus, Foreigners need registration 3-5 days after entering into the country. but for Georgia ? Staying and renting for 2-3 months, any concerns for registration ? For Georgian citizen and resident, yes need registration, but for foreigners, non-resident seem not mention in the law of Georgia on the legal status of Aliens and stateless persons, any ideas ?

1 Answer Aug 28, 2015 at 12:34 AM