VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Gaza Travel Answers

change location
luxorlight's Profile Photo

Egypt into Gaza

by luxorlight Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Is it possible for an Australian to get a visa into Gaza border entry from Egypt and back again?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • luxorlight's Profile Photo

Re: Egypt into Gaza

by luxorlight Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I also need to know if my passport is already stamped with Israel is it possible to enter and then if I am stamped with Gaza am I able to return to Israel/Jerusalem in the future?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

No. Getting into Gaza as a foreigner requires a lot of string pulled from people of "importance", not for independent travellers.

• luxorlight's Profile Photo

by luxorlight Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Thanks for that. Thought it was worth a try, I have an Egyptian friend going in and was asked to go as their companion. Never mind, I don't want to risk not being able to go back to Jerusalem anyway.

• Re: Egypt into Gaza

by milliegirl Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Ok, so I am not a diplomat, or part of an organization and I entered the Gaza Strip. It took 6 months to get permission, I would definitely try. I went directly to my Egyptian Consulate in London, and it took a lot of time but I got there in the end. At Rafah border, you may have to wait a while. I was told I could not enter but after a five hour wait and a bit of a fight, it happened and I went through. I went for "tourist" reasons, and I had to provide the consulate with the address at which I would be staying.
    I have no idea about the Israel stamps, I would suggest asking your Egyptian consulate. The only way you aare able to get there is through Egypt, I know someone Brtiish who was deported from Israel because she wanted to enter Gaza through Erez.
    Hope this helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Gaza