Travel Answers
Gatwick

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arriving Gatwick South to Bus terminal - how long?

by Cath_87 Online Now Nov 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

Any ideas how long it will take to get from gate on arrival to the bus station at the south terminal? Domestic flight with no checked luggage.

Could it be done in 25 min?

Thanks.

more
    • Transferring from international flight at North Terminal to domestic flight at South Terminal

by Sydneyrose Online Now Nov 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Hello, I am looking at booking a flight from Sydney, Australia to Newquay, Cornwall via Gatwick with 2 children and 3 checked-in bags (the children are 10&13 so can wheel their own luggage).

I have two connecting flight options with my Emirates flight, which lands at North Terminal at 7.20am:

1. Flybe from South Terminal at 9.30am
      2. Flybe from South Terminal at 1.35pm.

Common sense is saying hang around for the 1.35pm flight but that's a long time to sit at Costa, especially after a 23-hour journey & with two tired children ... Do you think (providing the plane lands on time) that I'd have a good chance of making the 9.30am flight or would it be just too much of a rush?

Thanks in advance

more
    • London gatwick layover time

by Swetaclement Online Now Nov 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hi,
      I have booked a flight from zurich to london gatwick by easyjet, landing at 11 am at the north terminal. Have an onward journey to dubai by emirates at 1.30 pm from the same terminal. I have luggage to check in and will have to go through border. Will the layover time be sufficient?.Couldnt find any earlier flights to book!!

more
    • Transferring from international flight at North Terminal to domestic flight at South Terminal

by Sydneyrose Online Now Nov 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Hello, I am looking at booking a flight from Sydney, Australia to Newquay, Cornwall via Gatwick with 2 children and 3 checked-in bags (the children are 10&13 so can wheel their own luggage).

I have two connecting flight options with my Emirates flight, which lands at North Terminal at 7.20am:

1. Flybe from South Terminal at 9.30am
      2. Flybe from South Terminal at 1.35pm.

Common sense is saying hang around for the 1.35pm flight but that's a long time to sit at Costa, especially after a 23-hour journey & with two tired children ... Do you think (providing the plane lands on time) that I'd have a good chance of making the 9.30am flight or would it be just too much of a rush?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Nov 14, 2016 at 9:39 PM
    • Arriving Gatwick South to Bus terminal - how long?

by Cath_87 Online Now Nov 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

Any ideas how long it will take to get from gate on arrival to the bus station at the south terminal? Domestic flight with no checked luggage.

Could it be done in 25 min?

Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 14, 2016 at 2:09 PM
    • London gatwick layover time

by Swetaclement Online Now Nov 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hi,
      I have booked a flight from zurich to london gatwick by easyjet, landing at 11 am at the north terminal. Have an onward journey to dubai by emirates at 1.30 pm from the same terminal. I have luggage to check in and will have to go through border. Will the layover time be sufficient?.Couldnt find any earlier flights to book!!

4 Answers Nov 13, 2016 at 8:01 PM
    • connecting flights

by jamesmccrorie Online Now Nov 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM

i arrive from oslo at 14.20 south terminal will i have enough time to catch 15.50 flight from north terminal

6 Answers Nov 4, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    • Customs & Security Needed?

by arlo85 Online Now Oct 24, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Hi everyone,

Two of us will be arriving at LGW via Norwegian from the US at 12:50, and our departing flight is scheduled for 14:15 with Easyjet, flying to France. I know, not the greatest idea. At this point, I'm wondering if you all could weigh in on what steps we'll need to go through between flights? Arriving in the south terminal, leaving from north. I read on Gatwick's website that it looks like we will not need to go through passport control or customs, but can anyone please confirm? And will we need to go through security?

Other info: We only have carry-ons, so no need to wait for checked baggage. We're doing online checkin and will have our boarding passes on hand. Our seats on Norwegian are right in front so hopefully we're one of the first ones off.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM
    • Connections within Gatwick

by KarenG56 Online Now Oct 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM

I have a flight booked from Gatwick to Reykavik at 12:30 December 15. I am arriving to Gatwick from Lisbon. The flight
      I am looking at gets me into Gatwick at 10:10 am. Is that sufficient time to make the 12;30 Flight. We only plan on having carry on bags. We are both Canadian. Both airlines leave and arrive at the north terminal.
      British Airways from Lisbon
      Icelandair Air to Reykavik

6 Answers Oct 3, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    • Landing Card

by MarilynR9 Online Now Sep 20, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Does Air Canada provide landing cards so I may complete one before landing?

4 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 4:43 PM
    • Time to Train from Gatwick North Terminal after landing.

by tlfought Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 4:52 AM

Looking for some assistance. I am arriving from Canada at Gatwick North Terminal at 10:25am. I need to catch a train to London. How much time would you expect it to take to disembark, get luggage, get through immigration and travel to the train station? I know this depends on number of arriving flights and other factors. Thanks for your help.

6 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    • Early morning departure - time needed to clear security and immigration

by Ossiejac Online Now Aug 14, 2016 at 1:08 AM

I'm flying out of the south terminal early in the morning and am only taking cabin luggage. How much time should i allow for clearing security and immigration?

7 Answers Aug 14, 2016 at 5:58 AM
    • Arrivals at North Terminal

by JJackon66 Online Now Aug 11, 2016 at 4:07 AM

How long will it take to get through Arrivals and out to the car park at North Terminal today?

3 Answers Aug 12, 2016 at 12:54 AM
    • connecting at LGW with hand luggage only from international to domestic flight

by Spudjudd Online Now Aug 11, 2016 at 2:28 AM

I am connecting at Gatwick off an Alicante flight w1hich arrives Gatwick at 13.10. I am travelling with my 3 & 4 year old with hand luggage only (both my flights are with Easyjet) & my onward flight to the Isle of Man departs Gatwick at 14.20.
      I guess I must clear passport control first but is there a flight connection desk so that I do not have to go through security again at Gatwick. I will already be in possession of my onward boarding cards.
      Please advise.
      Natalie

3 Answers Aug 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM
    • Does Gatwick Connect Service Save Any Time

by TheHawk1 Online Now Aug 4, 2016 at 10:11 AM

I am self-connecting between two airlines through Gatwick on Tuesday, Sept. 27. First flight on Easyjet arrives from BCN at 8:35am in South Terminal. Second flight on Westjet departs to YYZ at 10:55 am also from South Terminal. This is only after Westjet made a schedule change, with the departure time now 2 hours earlier than originally scheduled when I bought the tickets.

LGW advertises Connect Service, where they will check your bag through to your destination for you, rather than having to queue up again at bag drop. Will this save me any time? Will it save me enough time to be able to still clear customs and go through security again to connect to the Westjet flight in 2 hours and 20 mins?

If not, then my only option is probably to change the YYZ departure flight to the next day? The Easyjet flight is the first one to land in the morning and Westjet only has one departure each day, so choices are very limited.

7 Answers Aug 5, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    • How long to connect from south to north terminal with collected luggage.

by ThanosS Online Now Aug 1, 2016 at 3:44 AM

Hello all,

I arrive at LGW South with easyjet at 17:45 and depart from LGW north at 20:00 with Vuellling.
      I would like to know if the 2hours and 15 minuntes are enough time to collect my checked in luggage, pass the customs, transfer to north terminal and check in again.

Thank you.

T.S.

6 Answers Aug 4, 2016 at 1:49 AM
    • Newquay56's Profile Photo

Amount of Time between landing and getting out of airport

by Newquay56 Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 6:57 AM

Hi, I land at Gatwick South from Newquay on Friday at 08.45 with only hand luggage. Does anyone know roughly how long it will take between my flight landing and being able to get to the train station? I am trying to work out what train time to aim for.
      Thanks for any help.

8 Answers Jul 12, 2016 at 2:48 AM
    • Is 2.5 hour window enough for connecting flight in Gatwick?

by zaak Online Now Jun 25, 2016 at 3:55 AM

Hi, I have a flight going to arrive on London Gatwick on Oct. 8th at 11:50PM from Vancouver Canada. (I am a Canadian citizen)
      I am looking for a connecting flight and there are 2 options for me.
      One depart at 2:25PM and another one depart at 4:0PM.
      My question is that would I be able to catch the 2:25PM flight?
      I would need to go though UK custom, get my checked in baggages, then I can proceed to checkin with my next flight and go through security again.
      Is it totally doable or am I testing my luck?
      Thanks!

16 Answers Jun 26, 2016 at 8:08 AM
    • Enough time?

by anynameyoulike Online Now Jun 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM

My flight from Izmir is scheduled to land at 14.40. My coach to Bristol is scheduled to leave at 15.40. Will I catch it?

6 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 11:28 PM
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

Purple Parking

by Dusitlaguna Online Now Jun 20, 2016 at 6:29 AM

Anyone know what is involved when a hotel offers purple parking as apposed to using their own car park.
      Does this mean having to drive your car to a different location in the morning after a nights stay.

4 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 1:29 AM
    • What time to arrive at Gatwick?

by SJM89 Online Now May 24, 2016 at 3:46 AM

I am travelling to Menorca on 31st May with 2 kids and their father. Our flight is at 2.20pm (South Terminal) and we will be checking in online with one hold luggage which we will place in the bag drop. We were going to get the 11.12am train from London Bridge which arrives at Gatwick at 11.41am. We would also need to go to Boots after security to collect our order. Would this be ok, or will it be cutting it fine?

3 Answers May 24, 2016 at 11:28 AM
    • Pre-purchase National express tickets

by Terry808 Online Now May 21, 2016 at 11:59 PM

We arrive at Gatwick at 9:30am and fly out of Heathrow at 4 and will need to go through customs. Is it safe to assume we can purchase tickets upon arrival (there are three of us) or would you recommend buying them online beforehand. We have several flights before we arrive in London and I am concerned about delays and missing our ticket time.

3 Answers May 22, 2016 at 1:06 AM
    • Sim Cards in Gatwick

by Udit1987 Online Now May 20, 2016 at 2:47 AM

Hi, is it possible to buy a microsim for a mobile phone in Gatwick?

2 Answers May 20, 2016 at 3:11 AM
    • Flying from Gatwick to US

by PaigeP4 Online Now May 13, 2016 at 8:32 AM

I will be flying from Gatwick to Boston in July. How early before my flight leaves should I arrive at Gatwick? My flight will be leaving at 16:50.

9 Answers May 14, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    • Gatwick Immigration Time in the Morning

by Udit1987 Online Now May 12, 2016 at 2:06 AM

So I am landing in Gatwick in the morning in June. Coming from India. I will be taking the Gatwick Express to Victoria. I want to book a cab to take me from there to my accommodation in North London. What would be the safe time gap to keep between landing and booking a cab from Victoria. Thanks!

7 Answers May 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM
    • 7 hour layover in Gatwick. London sightseeing?

by Extragabby Online Now Apr 20, 2016 at 5:18 PM

I am arriving in gatwick on a Thursday at 13:10 from the USA on my way to Spain and have a 7 hour layover. I was thinking maybe grabbing some lunch and see the city for a couple of hours. I found a train that would drop me off at Victoria station in 30 min. I just don't know what would be a good time frame to book because I don't know how long would customs and immigration would take to let me out and and how long it would take to let me back in for my flight to Spain at 20:10. I have hand luggage so I don't have to worry about that.

6 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 1:04 AM
    • 7 hour layover in Gatwick. London sightseeing?

by Extragabby Online Now Apr 20, 2016 at 5:17 PM

I am arriving in gatwick on a Thursday at 13:10 from the USA on my way to Spain and have a 7 hour layover. I was thinking maybe grabbing some lunch and see the city for a couple of hours. I found a train that would drop me off at Victoria station in 30 min. I just don't know what would be a good time frame to book because I don't know how long would customs and immigration would take to let me out and and how long it would take to let me back in for my flight to Spain at 20:10. I have hand luggage so I don't have to worry about that.

2 Answers Apr 22, 2016 at 7:34 AM
    • Gatwick Airport - Train connection

by mbNelson Online Now Apr 20, 2016 at 2:19 PM

We arrive at Gatwick at terminal N at 11:45 AM with carry on luggage only. We have pre-purchased a ticket for the 13:03 train to Bath thru Reading. Do we have enough time to print our ticket and catch the 13:03 train? We don't know how far the airport train station is from Terminal N and how much time we should allow for customs. Thanks.

8 Answers Apr 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    • Turin to Edinburgh via Gatwick

by mj1948 Online Now Apr 9, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Totally confused. I know I have to go through immigraton and security on arrival at Gatwick. I am travelling BA Club Europe with hand luggage and boarding card.I have been told by Gatwick official that there is no fast track security yet I see t being advertised on Gatwick site.

6 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    • Traversing Gatwick Airport

by tichy Online Now Apr 2, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Flight due in to Gatwick North terminal 17:55 Thursday June 23rd. Train for hometown in UK departs Gatwick rail station 19:13. Assuming flight on time could I do it (only feasible train).

9 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    • Wanting to see London with a 16 hour layover

by JerryL18 Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM

We arrive in the southern Gatwick terminal on a Wednesday evening at about 11:30 and will be leaving with the same airline the following day at about 5PM. My wife and I are looking to take a train into London and stay at an inexpensive hotel and then see the sights for a few hours before returning to the airport. Feasible? Suggestions?

4 Answers Mar 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM
    • Time to get from Train station to North Terminal

by jhan002 Online Now Mar 7, 2016 at 3:43 AM

Hello,

I am leaving for Italy on March 27 (Easter Sunday) in 20 days. The trains are on a holiday schedule, so the earliest train from New Cross arrives at around 8:40AM. My flight is at 10:30AM on Meridiana (North Terminal) and I have a bag to check. Is this enough time or should I try to find an airport hotel or something?

Thank you!

9 Answers Mar 10, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    • time between next flight

by SimoneF3 Online Now Mar 1, 2016 at 5:54 AM

I arrive into Gatwick from a connecting flight from Dubai at 07.25 on Sunday 15th May, and im hoping to be able to get the 09.05 flight out of Gatwick to Edinburgh... is this possible or should I book a later flight?

2 Answers Mar 1, 2016 at 6:45 AM