Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• dinner party for 80

Venice Oct 21, 2016 at 2:25 AM

I need to arrange a dinner for 80 people during the Venice Biennale next year and would like a modern upmarket restaurant preferable with views, any suggestions?

• meeson's Profile Photo

im thinking of going to Treviso

Treviso Oct 14, 2016 at 3:49 AM

I might go to Treviso for new year as there is a rockabilly show on. how far is venice Treviso airport from Treviso and what are the costs of hotels etc.
      thank you fellow vt'ers in advance

• sheriK9's Profile Photo

is there cream or half and half available to use in your coffee?

Venice Oct 4, 2016 at 10:21 AM

please forgive my total ignorance. i use cream or half and half (half cream half skim milk) in my coffee and just cannot drink it without it. no milk for me. only cream. spoiled little american that i am. can you tell me if cream is even available for use in coffee in venice? i had such a horrible time in copenhagen with the no cream was available and they looked at me like i had 8 heads. the hotel finally relinquished some cream for me after my repeated whining. (lol...just like an american, no?) please help me prepare for what i might find. i do drink tea with milk and would switch to that instead. or perhaps i need to get used to drinking some cappucino or other beverages you all might suggest. thanking you in advance.

• Gardaland in July

by mark1972 Online Now Jun 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I m visiting gardaland in july with my daughter (and family) and would like to know whether you can visit the water rides on the same day? Is it a seperate area?
      Is it possible to do the water park and the theme park on same day?

7 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM
    • best wine and food

by CyrilD Online Now Jun 12, 2015 at 2:52 PM

best town for bars and restaurants in lake Garda

1 Answer Jun 12, 2015 at 5:21 PM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Garda with 3 and 1 year old

by oRi_5 Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 3:16 AM

We are planning a holiday to Garda in mid September. We will be flying in to Milan linate and thinking of staying at Del Garda village and camping. Any reviews on this accommodation in September? Also what would be the best way to get from the airport to here as it's a 1.5 hr drive. Is there a bus/ train? If transport is safe and reliable then we won't bother renting a car to avoid hassles of car seats etc as we won't be exploring that much. We were thinking of visiting Gardaland for sure.. Is one day enough or could we do two? We were also interested in the aquarium as our sons love it....but saw a comment they don't allow pushchairs in! Is this true??

They would also love Parco natura viva....but do you need to have your own car to visit?

Where else would you suggest? We are staying 5 nights.

any answers to all my questions are appreciated!! :)

3 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 2:19 AM
    • staying in garda

by jonno1000 Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM

we are staying in garda for a week in june , can anyone recomend things to do, places to see, would it be worth hiring a car or not
      thanks in advance for any info

6 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • daisy13_8's Profile Photo

lake garda best villages and city for kids.

by daisy13_8 Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 2:43 AM

What is the best city /village to stay in lake garda and suitable for old kids 12 & 10 yrs. old ?

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    • AndyJA's Profile Photo

Hairdressers in Garda Town ?

by AndyJA Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Hi, my daughter is getting married in Garda town in August - can anyone recommend a local hairdresser & contact details (esp. if they have e.mail address).
      Would appreciate any help thanks.

3 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    • Salo to Gardone by foot

by lesleygiff Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Thanks all of you for your help re. the ferries. Navigazionelaghi have now sent me last year's timetable for October to give me an idea, until this year's is printed.

We would like to visit Salo and then walk to Gardone. Does anyone know if this is possible? In other words, is there a lakeside promenade which links the two?
      If so, about how long would this take to walk?

Thanks again for any help on this one.

2 Answers Aug 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    • Lake Garda ferries

by lesleygiff Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM

We will be staying in Garda itself in mid October. Does anyone know where I can find the ferry timetables. The ones I have found so far only show until the end of September. Do ferries still run across the lake in October. Will there still be several ferries going from Garda to Salo, Gardone, Lazise, etc in October?

If anyone lives around the lake or has stayed in October I'll be glad to hear from them.

Many thanks

6 Answers Aug 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    • Getting from Verona Brescia to pescheira del garda

by embennett Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

We will be arriving at verona brescia airport and then need to get to pescheira. we dont want to hire a car. which is the best and cheapest way to do it?
      Also any ideas of things to do whilst in pescheira- we are a family of 5 with 2 teenage sons and 1 six year old daughter. ??

Thanks to all those people who gave very helpful info about getting to venice just recently. What a great web site this is.

3 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    • Cheap but beautiful places to stay in Sirmione and south/ east of Lake Garda

by katrinaocean Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Can anyone suggest any accomodation in the south of lake garda, maybe sirmione and up the south east side of lake garda - totally open to any kind of accomodation, camping, hostel B&B - just needs to be cheapish as on a budget!!!

Thank you anyone, everyone for your help xx

• BoccaLupo's Profile Photo

Motorboat for a Day

by BoccaLupo Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a small, simple motorboat for the day on Lake Garda (southern)in mid-late June? If so, do you know how much we might expect to pay & any particular companies that offer rentals? All I seem to be able to find are week long rentals or large boats.

3 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 2:24 PM
    • rmicallef's Profile Photo

Gardaland rides

by rmicallef Online Now May 9, 2006 at 1:56 AM

Hi all,
      we are travelling to gardaland this summer. I have heard that certain rides in the theme park are dangerous. Has anyone visted Gardaland lately and could comment please?

5 Answers May 10, 2006 at 1:04 PM