Gandhinagar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tour operator and 3 star hotel

Delhi Nov 11, 2016 at 5:42 AM

I intend to visit North India from New Delhi in December with my husband and two kids .Can u recommend a reliable tour operator and a nice 3 star hotel with wifi access and other facilities (comfortable family rooms/ hot water/bed and breakfast/store, room for luggage, airport pickup ) near shopping centers in New Delhi?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Clearing Customs and Immigration at Hyderabad Airport for overseas flight

Hyderabad Nov 7, 2016 at 3:36 AM

Has anyone recently cleared Customs and Immigration at Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport for overseas flight? Does the queue really take one hour to clear? How many hours are enough to check-in for international flight at Hyderabad Airport? Must travelers from an un-connected domestic flight set aside 4 hours to check-in and clear Immigration queue at Hyderabad Airport?

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Best shops/weavers to buy saris in Varanasi

Varanasi Nov 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Which is an authentic shop selling saris in Varanasi? I wish to buy cotton Banarsi saris that are handwoven.
      Any other suggestions regarding travel in Varanasi by local members would be gratefully acknowledged. I am there for a wedding for just two days.
      Thank you

more
    • Where do I hire a self-drive car in Jaisalmer?

Jaisalmer 14 hours ago

Most of the popular options like ZoomCar don't operate in Jaisalmer and the hotel I booked into hasn't got a clue. Any pointers?

more
    • Buying real pearls in India

India Nov 30, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I have bought a double necklace of white pearls with silver clasp at Guwahati airport and paid about 130.- USD. It's quite heavy. Are real pearls for this price?

more
    • Connection flights, confused

New Delhi Nov 29, 2016 at 6:00 AM

hey guys quick question .

I am travelling from Toronto Canada on Feb 24,2016 to Delhi, India and returning back to Canada March 20,2016 it is a round trip. . When I land in Delhi, I will drive to Punjab the same day I land because of a wedding.

On March 1 me and my friend will book a round trip from Delhi to pune.

So I will depart March 1 from Delhi to pune and have my return ticket back to Delhi March 20, (same day as my return ticket back to Canada)

My question is once I return from pune back to Delhi will I have to get out of airport to check into my flight back for Canada or can I just stay in the airport and check into my back to Canada flight.?..

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Arrival and Departure Halls of Coimbatore International Airport

Coimbatore Nov 18, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Can i know whether the arrival and departure halls of Coimbatore International Airport are in the same terminal building? Or i need to walk further from one terminal building to another? How long does it take for me to reach the departure hall from the arrival hall in this airport?

more
    • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Bus from ISB Kashmir Gate to IGI Delhi Airport

Delhi Nov 16, 2016 at 12:37 AM

I am planning to take a bus between Thursday midnite to 1:30am from the Inter State Bus Station at Kashmir Gate to the airport. Can I just buy the bus ticket at the bus terminal just before bus departure or do I have to buy ticket a day in advance to ensure seating. How far will the bus stop from Terminal 3, walking distance? or need to take a taxi? Thank you.

more
    • maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Update on Currency

India Nov 28, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Hello everyone. I will be traveling to Mumbai-Jaipur-Delhi in two weeks. I have read the previous post regarding the currency issues but can anyone provide an update on the situation?

more
    • alamtapash's Profile Photo

India Visit - where to go in December?

India Nov 27, 2016 at 3:11 AM

Hi,

Hopefully I will reach Kolkata airport on 16th Dec, 2016 with my family (my 2 kids and wife). One of my kid is 11 years and other is 7 years.

We have a holiday 10 - 12 days. My wife likes to visit Taj Mahal, Agra.

After that we like to visit naturally beautiful places and want to spend few days there; such as - hill areas or sea shores.
      In India, my plan is to travel long distant places by train.

On my way back, we would like to stay in Kolkata 1 / 2 days. We have tried to make a plan but cannot do that ourselves.

It would be great help if we get hints how to make our trip worth and enjoyable in India.

Thanks,

Shariful Alam

more
    • Payment to Marvelous journeys

India Nov 17, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I need to make a payment to this company. They ask me to enter INR and to use MasterCard. I will be using a UK card so in GBR. They say bank automatically converts! Does anyone have experience of this please.

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Swimming & Beaches in/near Kochi ?

Kochi Nov 30, 2016 at 12:49 AM

I am planning to visit Kochi next autumn and having looked at the beach photos on Google Earth, I am not sure this is a great place to swim. Can anyone advise me about the beaches in the area and which ones are attractive and good for swimming ?

Also is Kochi a good place to stay in the Kerala area or should I be looking elsewhere in the area ? I like beach and places of interest as a holiday mix. Planning to stay 10 days

more
    • Need to rent an apartment for two months

Goa Nov 29, 2016 at 4:56 AM

Hi!

We are a Swedish family coming to goa in early February 2017. We would like to rent an apartment to stay in for two months. We would like the apartment to be air-conditioned. Any help with this is very much appreciated.

/ Best regards, Hakan Gleissman with family

more
    • car and driver hire

Jodpur Nov 12, 2016 at 7:57 AM

can anyone recommend a reliable company to drive 4 people from Jodphur to Udaipur, with stops, over 4 days

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Kochi to Munnar ?

Munnar Nov 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM

How does one get to Munnar from Kochi, and then onward to Thekkady ?

more
    • Reference Book/ Guide

India Nov 3, 2016 at 8:02 AM

I am planning a 15 day solo trip to Rajasthan and want to visit all the historical places. Please suggest a reference book or Guide Book

more
    • Food on trains

India Nov 19, 2016 at 5:08 AM

I am making two overnight journeys on trains in India. Is food available and does it need to be preordered?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about public toilets in Coimbatore and sleeping area in Coimbatore airport

Coimbatore Nov 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Hi, is there toilet facility inside Coimbatore International Airport? Is it easy to find public toilet in Coimbatore? Is there toilet at GeeDee Car Museum? I have been informed there is no lounge for passengers to rest in the airport during a layover of 5 to 6 hours. Passengers can only enter with valid ticket and sit on chair. Are the chairs adequate? Is it advisable to book a hotel room near the airport to rest for the duration before checking in for Spice Jet evening flight to Hyderabad? I arrive in Coimbatore from Chennai by Air Carnival at nearly 1 pm local time on 10 December.

more
    • Trip to India in December

India Nov 4, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Is december a suitable month to visit New Delhi - Rishikesh- Agra? Need advice on appropriate 3 star hotel for 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 17 in New Delhi near shopping centres and tourist attractions.

more
    • domestic airport t1 departures congestion

New Delhi Nov 7, 2016 at 5:04 PM

A local says get there four hours before takeoff, with long check-in lines and 1km length for security check. I wonder what VTs have experienced there.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where to go near Bangalore International Airport between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm?

Bangalore Nov 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM

I will be landing in Bangalore airport at 10.30 am on 10 December. Between 10.30 am and 2.10 pm is there any nearby tourist destination i can visit without staying in an external hotel? I will be carrying one luggage and one sling bag.

If there is no tourist destination nearby the airport, do you recommend me to change my itinerary and add one more domestic flight from Bangalore to another Indian airport like Coimbatore and from Coimbatore to Chennai airport before arriving in Hyderabad airport for flight to Singapore at 1.40 am on 11 December?

Is there a transit hotel inside the arrival section of Bangalore airport?

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Taxi/driver and car

India Nov 28, 2016 at 7:29 AM

We arrive Delhi Airport Feb 13th. We don't like the chaos of obtaining a taxi at the airport.
      We need to go to The Lemon Tree Hotel in Manesar. Could somebody please advise a good reliable driver/car who can meet us at arrivals clearly displaying our names so we can approach.
      How much should the car/driver cost for this trip.
      many thanks

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How do tourists pay in cash in India now?

Bangalore Nov 12, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Can i know under the currency crisis in India, how do tourists get and pay in cash to the shops and taxi drivers in India? How long will it take for tourists to get the new 500 Indian Rupee and 2000 Indian Rupee notes? I will be in Bengaluru on 8 December before moving on to Hyderabad, Chennai and Coimbatore, and i do not want to meet the same problems of paying in cash in these cities.

more