VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Gaisberg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Booking tickets on obb.at

Austria Feb 4, 2017 at 2:07 AM

Hi! I'm going to start off by saying that I'll really really miss this website, it's immensely helpful, and the members are lovely, and I can't imagine planning a trip without it, so I have to ask a question here before it closes! So my question is, I can't figure out how to book a round trip , on the Austrian train website OBB. I can book only each leg of my journey separately. Is there any way to book a round trip? Help would be achieved, thanks!

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Transportation to and from Gaisberg

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Would love to visit Gaisberg near dawn or dusk from Salzburg, however, public transport seems fairly limited. I know there is a Gaisberg bus that leaves from Mirabellplatz and it looks like the latest one leaves at 1503hrs (Mon-Fri). The latest return, however, is at 1555hrs!
      I would consider cycling, but I would think it would be fairly steep going uphill and not sure that I'm up for that!
      If I catch the last bus from Mirabellplatz, what would be the best way to return to Salzburg? Taxi? How much would that be, approximately?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM