Travel Answers
Fussa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Can taxi-drivers in Tokyo speak simple English to foreign tourists? Travel in Tokyo taxi

Tokyo 7 hours ago

Hi, i want to know whether taxi-drivers in Tokyo can speak simple English to foreign tourists. For example, if i say "i want to go back to Shimbashi Station" from Sanei Building in Shimbashi, will the Japanese taxi-driver understand the request?

Or must i write down the name of the destination according to online Japanese transliteration before i leave for Tokyo?

In Shimbashi, will the taxi stop to pick me up if i hail to a vacant taxi?

more
    • Stop to Mt Fuji on the way from Tokyo to Osaka

Tokyo Aug 22, 2016 at 4:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning to spend most of my time in Japan (early September) in Tokyo and Osaka and then do day trips from the two cities.

In the case of Mt. Fuji , I am only interested at seeing it and taking some photograph. Now considering that this might not happen due to the weather, I would not like to take a day only to find out that the nice Volcano is behind clouds.

I would like then to try my luck only on my way from Tokyo to Osaka and stop somewhere where the Mountain could visible.

What would be the best route I should take by train and where should I stop for a few hours ?

Thanks ,

Ross

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to walk to the Tokyo offices of Air Tahiti Nui and Aurora Airlines?

Tokyo Aug 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM

Does anyone know how to walk to the Tokyo offices of Air Tahiti Nui and Aurora Airlines? I only know the nearest train stations are Ginza and Shimbashi.

Air Tahiti Nui is located at Shin-Yurakucho Building, 1-12-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku.

Aurora Airlines Representative is located at Sanei Building, Shimbashi 5-23-7, Minato-ku.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to travel by train to MIAT Mongolian Airlines' Tokyo Office?

Tokyo Aug 20, 2016 at 10:18 PM

May I know if travel from Nihombashi to MIAT Mongolian Airlines' Tokyo Office, at which Subway station should I alight? MIAT Mongolian Airlines Tokyo Office is at Tachibana Building, 2-19-4 Nishinippori, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo 116-0013.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

SKY ACCESS Line from Narita Airport

Tokyo Aug 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Hi, may i know whether SKY ACCESS Line travels directly to Oshiage Station? How much does it cost for the ride to Oshiage on way from Narita Airport?

Or is there is direct express train to Tokyo Station from Narita Airport?

more
    • Capitanissa's Profile Photo

Help us find quality, traditional inexpensive lodging in "old Tokyo"

Tokyo Aug 2, 2016 at 1:15 AM

I would rather spend a small amount on lodging, and something traditional in Tokyo, but my husband and I would like a private room, hopefully with WC/shower. We would also prefer to be in a traditional area of Tokyo, can anyone point us in the right direction? We are planning way ahead, plenty of time to do research. Many Thanks!

more
    • 24HRS LAYOVER IN TOKYO

Tokyo Jul 26, 2016 at 4:11 PM

I'll be doing a layover in Tokyo from 8pm until 5pm next day.
      which areas would you recommend to stay and what to do during this short time?

Thanks

Enrique

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Can taxi-drivers in Tokyo speak simple English to foreign tourists? Travel in Tokyo taxi

Tokyo 7 hours ago

Hi, i want to know whether taxi-drivers in Tokyo can speak simple English to foreign tourists. For example, if i say "i want to go back to Shimbashi Station" from Sanei Building in Shimbashi, will the Japanese taxi-driver understand the request?

Or must i write down the name of the destination according to online Japanese transliteration before i leave for Tokyo?

In Shimbashi, will the taxi stop to pick me up if i hail to a vacant taxi?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Weather in Tokyo in September

Tokyo Aug 21, 2016 at 6:17 AM

Is September in Tokyo summer or autumn? I am coming to Tokyo on 22 September. If it rains, will the rain be showers or heavy rain?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Questions concerning Tokyo FIT travel and Tokyo Big Sight

Tokyo Aug 16, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Are there English direction signs to Tokyo Big Sight? How to get to Tokyo Big Sight from the Tokyo airports at 10.30 pm? I speak English and Mandarin only.

more
    • Cheap Airline Tickets

by ria_rush Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can buy cheap tickets for international flights? I live near Yokota AB.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    • Moving to Fussa

by distantsmoke Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Hello! I am in the US Air Force and will be moving to Fussa (Yokota AB) in April '07. I plan on living off base and was wondering if I should bring my electronics. Things like a digital piano, my Playstation and DVD player (region free or I would just use the PS2). Any advice anyone wants to share would be appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 19, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    • How Far To Mt. Fuji

by loving_life Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 9:46 AM

Hello everyone! I am a brand new member who will be in Fussa City in two days. I am wanting to visit Mt. Fuji and several other places while I am staying with my brother on base.

Can anyone tell me how far it is to Mt. Fuji from Fussa City and the best way to get there?

Also, are their any amusement parks with thrill rides like rollercoasters nearby Fussa City?

AND, how far away is the nearest rural village still living life as in ancient times? I've heard you can book a night to stay in one of the old temples.

I would be thrilled if someone could get back to me with any information at all.

Seems my website surfing has not been adequate enough to answer these questions.

Hugs!

loving_life

2 Answers Nov 21, 2005 at 1:09 PM
    • How Far To Mt. Fuji

by loving_life Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 8:17 AM

Hello everyone! I am a brand new member who will be in Fussa City in two days. I am wanting to visit Mt. Fuji and several other places while I am staying with my brother on base.

Can anyone tell me how far it is to Mt. Fuji from Fussa City and the best way to get there?

Also, are their any amusement parks with thrill rides like rollercoasters nearby Fussa City?

AND, how far away is the nearest rural village still living life as in ancient times? I've heard you can book a night to stay in one of the old temples.

I would be thrilled if someone could get back to me with any information at all.

Seems my website surfing has not been adequate enough to answer these questions.

Hugs!

loving_life

1 Answer Nov 24, 2005 at 8:30 PM
    • How Far To Mt. Fuji

by loving_life Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 6:51 AM

Hugs!

loving_life

1 Answer Nov 24, 2005 at 8:10 PM