VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Fuengirola Travel Answers

change location
dode&sands's Profile Photo

Fuengirola - Wheelchair Access

by dode&sands Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Hi, hope someone can help me. I am disabled, confined to a wheelchair, does anyone know if the Fuengirol Public Transport buses and trains. Have facilities to board with me in my wheelchair. I mean, like a ramp onto Buses etc.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks so much.

dode&sands

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Fuengirola - Wheelchair Access

by Windsailor Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM

As far as I´m aware there is no ramps for disabled persons on Fuengirola public transport buses.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hiii

by 2marias Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 7:54 AM

I'm from malaga and I can personally tell you that Torremolinos's city has special ramps for people that like you,have this problem
    I think fuengirola hasn't got this facilities,so is better to go to Torremolinos

I think this will be useful for you

• Re: Fuengirola - Wheelchair Access

by solprint Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 11:32 AM

As far as I am aware the buses don't have facilities to board a wheelchair. However the new trains defanatly do, it is the centre carrage and it has the lower doors so you are able to wheel on-board. If you are not familiar with the train system, it runs from Fuengirola to Malaga and has about 15 stops along the way including places like Torremolinos-Benalmadena and all stations are now wheelchair friendly with lifts for access.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines