VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Freiburg im Breisgau Travel Answers

change location

driving a hire car into freiburg low emission zone

by gazstrong Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Hi Folks

Im currently on holiday in Europe and will be driving into central Freiburg tommorow. I am driving a Volkswagen hired from Hertz in Amsterdam. Would anyone please know how i would go about obtaining a low emission sticker to allow me to access the centre as my hotel is within this zone. I was given incorrect information by my rental company as they said i didnt require any sticker to enter this zone as the car was new.

Thanks in Advance
Gary

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: driving a hire car into freiburg low emission zone

by abalada Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Easiest will be to get the sticker from the next Volkswagen dealer/repair shop. Also any car registration office (Kraftfahrzeugzulassungsstelle - nice word) will do. Typical handling fee for the sticker is EUR 5,00.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: driving a hire car into freiburg low emission zone

by gazstrong Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 2:08 PM

abalada

Thanks for the tip, thats exactly what i did. I set my sat nav for a VW garage in Freiburg and they were able to process a sticker for me based on my registration and chassis number. It cost 5 euros and only took a few minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Freiburg im Breisgau