change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

things to do on friday or saturday evening for a single man

Miami Beach Nov 10, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Hi, im in my late 30s and il be all by myself in south beach on thru the week in the first week of december. can someone guide or suggest me some nice place to go for few drinks and people watching. i love off beat places too. im not interested to go to a place to get hooked up, so please dont suggest that please.

more
    • Best things to do in Tampa

Tampa Nov 30, 2016 at 8:22 AM

I am traveling with a girl that I'm dating, and I would like to know what fun/romantic/relaxing activities are available. This is her first time traveling so I want to show her a really great time. We will be there Dec 9th - 11th. Thank you in advance, everyone! Cheers!

more
    • Best things to do in Tampa

Tampa Nov 30, 2016 at 8:22 AM

I am traveling with a girl that I'm dating, and I would like to know what fun/romantic/relaxing activities are available. This is her first time traveling so I want to show her a really great time. We will be there Dec 9th - 11th. Thank you in advance, everyone! Cheers!

7 Answers Dec 3, 2016 at 6:16 AM

things to do on friday or saturday evening for a single man

Miami Beach Nov 10, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Hi, im in my late 30s and il be all by myself in south beach on thru the week in the first week of december. can someone guide or suggest me some nice place to go for few drinks and people watching. i love off beat places too. im not interested to go to a place to get hooked up, so please dont suggest that please.

2 Answers Nov 14, 2016 at 12:20 AM
    • Halloween party

Fort Lauderdale Oct 31, 2016 at 9:46 AM

Hello, I moved to Florida few month ago and I don't really have people to ask about parties. Please I want to go to a big Halloween party so bad. I've been on one of themy yesterday buy it was probably one of the worst. Does anybody know a cool Halloween parties that's gonna be today or on this week

4 Answers Oct 31, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    • How safe is Formosa Gardens area?

Kissimmee Oct 28, 2016 at 7:24 AM

Hi, VT'ers. Me and my family are planning to spend next holidays in Orlando/Kissimmee area. We've been there several times but we always stayed in gated communities. This time we're going to rent a house near Formosa Gardens but it isn't in a gated community so I'm a little concern about safety. Should I be concern about safety? Is it safe to leave the house alone during the day/night? How safe is Formosa Gardens area? I really appreciate any advice or comment. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 28, 2016 at 10:38 AM
    • Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

3 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 12:28 PM

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

2 Answers Oct 21, 2016 at 4:40 AM
    • Hotels/motels

Florida Keys Oct 12, 2016 at 5:06 AM

Hi we are planning a 4-5 day trip down the keys hoping to stay 2 nights in key largo, not sure where to stay in the middle then maybe 2 nights in key west. I've been looking on a few hotel sites but am not sure whether to wait and book into places when we get there. Is it cheaper to just turn up at a motel or am I better to book early. We are a family of 3 and my daughter will be 15. Also any suggests as to where to stay in the middle of the keys. And any reasonable hotel/motel, ive been looking and it seems some of the not so desirable motels are around £150 a night which I think is a little steep. Any advise would be grateful.

9 Answers Oct 15, 2016 at 12:54 AM
    • how many days orlando/florida and around

Orlando Oct 11, 2016 at 3:23 AM

travelling first time with 2 year old from india. we have 20 days in hand, want to cover most of south east, florida/ orlando/ georgia/ nearby/ coatsal area etc. how should we plan, we plan to return back to our home from washington. which all places and how should we cover in orlando et al. best places/ must visit/ not to miss. any practical tips will be highly appreciated. any specific theme park/ rides/shows that we must do or are most apt with 2 year old? plz help us plan. heard that because of jet lag we must do non theme park things first giving babay to adjust.. should we stay at two different places or be at one hotel only all during our stay? 

12 Answers Oct 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM
    • Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

1 Answer Oct 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

Miami Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

4 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 9:11 PM
    • Travelling in and around Orlando

Orlando Oct 2, 2016 at 6:02 AM

Hi

Myself and three friends are hiring a villa in kissimmee in march next year.

We were wondering whether it is better to get around via bus or to hire a car?

Thanks.

15 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    • Hotel and what to do in Miami

Miami Sep 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Hello!
      Am going to book a hotel in Miami for January. Any hint of a cool place to stay and what to do?
      We are two couples.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2016 at 3:35 PM
    • Hotel and what to do in Miami

Miami Sep 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Hello!
      Am going to book a hotel in Miami for January. Any hint of a cool place to stay and what to do?
      We are two couples.
      Thank you.

7 Answers Sep 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    • Sharon61bio's Profile Photo

Old School Seafood Platter

Saint Petersburg Sep 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Where is the best place in the Clearwater/St Pete area to get a really good fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, clams and scallops?

• alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day.....

Port Everglades Sep 21, 2016 at 10:50 AM

We are visiting Port Everglades for one day on a cruise ship 27th December, what would be our must do's in this area please..?Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 1:08 PM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day in key west 26th Dec 2015

Key West Sep 21, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Hi, our cruise ship docks in Key West on 26th December please could you tell me some MUST DO'S and MUST SEES while we are there..... Many thanks in advance

7 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 6:08 PM
    • Nitish Reddy Kotha - Best places in US

Orlando Sep 13, 2016 at 1:36 AM

Hi, I am Nitish Reddy Kotha. I want to know the best tourist places in US.
      Thanks
      Nitish Reddy Kotha

6 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 1:58 AM
    • Recommendations on where the locals go......

Key West Aug 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Heading back to Key West in about three weeks. Have done the Duval Street places to eat & drink. Looking for places the locals go to hang......

4 Answers Sep 1, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    • Best snorkeling from shore?

Florida Keys Aug 28, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Hi,

We are staying in Key Largo this Christmas and looking for the best snorkeling from the beach/without a tour. Any ideas? Also, what is the water temp. like in December? Would we want wet suits?

Thanks in advance!  

4 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 5:48 PM
    • trent_connor's Profile Photo

3 days in Orlando with 3 and 1 year old

Orlando Aug 25, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Hi, I have read numerous posts on travelling to orlando with young kids and come up with this plan. Any thoughts?
      Day 1 Magic Kingdom. Stay as long as kids can handle it.
      Day 2 Animal Kingdom until early afternoon. Evening Disney Boardwalk
      Day 3 Outlet shopping in the morning. Disney Springs in the afternoon/evening

Also with the above plan is it really worth while renting a car when all the major hotels provide free shuttle's to the places we want to go.

Thanks

11 Answers Oct 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM
    • trent_connor's Profile Photo

Miami beach with 3 and 1 year old

Miami Beach Aug 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Hi, is miami beach family friendly? We have a 3 year old and 1 year old. So that means restaurants with stroller, highchair etc for breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm not from America and from my research it doesn't seem to be overly family friendly. Also any advice on things to do. We will be travelling in march so I don't think it's beach season for the kids to be swimming

6 Answers Aug 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM
    • Which Dive Site is better

Florida Aug 7, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Looking for some advice.... For snuba and snorkling, which is better? Duck Key or Sombrero Reef

I was looking at doing a charter..

(1) http://www.diveduckkey.com/

Dive Duck Key has their own sites they go to and apparently dont have another dive shop within 10 miles of their shop. Seems the wild life is kinda slack and you mostly see sand and rock.. not much coral and fish etc. I at least gather this info by watching youtube videos of dives at this site. Am I wrong? Is it worth it?

(2) http://www.tildensscubacenter.com/

I was looking at this charter as well which goes to Sombrero Reef. Sombrero Reef seems more lively but is also more packed.

Which one do yall recommend. Thank you

Also we were looking at snorkeling with http://keysdiver.com/index.htm ... the 3 stop trip. Does anyone have any experience with this trip? Thank you

1 Answer Aug 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM
    • Places to stay in Destin

Destin Aug 7, 2016 at 6:14 AM

Hi, we're going to Destin next year and I need some suggestions on great places to stay that are walking distance to attractions. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 22, 2016 at 4:19 PM
    • Bridge jumping spots?

Florida Keys Aug 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning a visit to the Keys soon and was wondering if there are any good/safe spots to do some bridge jumping from? I was told by a friend about the Sugarloaf Key 'Jumping Bridge' location which looks like a great spot, is anyone aware of similar locations, perhaps parts of the old 7-mile bridge?

• Moving to Miami from Cincinnati, Ohio

Miami Beach Jul 21, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Hi Guys,

I am originally from Lima, Peru and have been living in Cincinnati for almost 15 years. I am currently 24, and I speak Spanish and English (so moving to Miami wouldn't be a problem in that category). I currently have an associate's degree in Civil Engineering and will be graduating from UC next spring with a Bachelors of Science in Architecture. My goal is to move to Miami right after graduation but I'm a little concerned about finding a job in my career? I frequently visit Miami at least once a year every year and I absolutely love it! I love the culture, the food, the weather and the beach! How easy or how difficult would it be for me? What do you guys suggest that I do before I move down there? It would be me, my boyfriend and our two german shepherds moving down :)

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 21, 2016 at 8:34 PM
    • The city bus

Tampa Jul 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Do Tampa have city buses, if so what are there routes, stops, and times

3 Answers Jul 19, 2016 at 12:20 PM
    • Travelling from Miami to St Pete... Public transport v Car hire?

Florida Jul 3, 2016 at 6:53 AM

Hi!

I've been reading some of the discussions on here about travelling around in Florida.

I'm going to be staying in Miami Beach, then heading up to St. Pete Beach. Is there any easy way that this can be done using public transport? I suspect from the discussions I've read so far, the answer is no, but I thought I'd have one last check!

If travelling by car is the best option, are there any particular hire companies that have been tried and tested by participants on these forums?

And finally, are there towns/cities on the way up that I should definitely stop in (not to stay necessarily, but just to see or take a day trip to during the week)? Naples, Venice and Sarasota have been recommended.

And in St. Pete.... any things that shouldn't be missed, based on your own experiences? This can include things to do, places to see or places to eat/drink!

Thanks in advance!

Catherine

2 Answers Jul 3, 2016 at 11:21 AM
    • Coconut Cove Suites vs Shepherds

Clearwater Jul 2, 2016 at 11:21 PM

does anyone know which of these are better? I've seen reviews for both and they don't make the places look good.
      We want something on the beach, if possible, and with a kitchenette so we can cook our nightly meals. Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jul 5, 2016 at 7:58 AM
    • Best restaurant for anniversary

Florida Jun 22, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Looking for ideas for a good restaurant for an anniversary dinner. Not too dressy.... We wanna wear our shorts. Will have two small children with us and husband is allergic to shell fish. Any ideas? Thanks in advance and blessings.

2 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM
    • All beaches in the keys topless????

Florida Keys Jun 18, 2016 at 12:10 AM

I've been doing my research for the trip to the keys and just came across an article that all beaches in the keys are topless. Please tell me that isn't correct. Not at all looking for anything like that as I have two small boys. Any info? Thank you.

5 Answers Jun 18, 2016 at 7:19 PM