change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Galluzo, it is save to park there ?

by miraeva Online Now Sep 14, 2016 at 1:20 AM

Hallo everyone,
      I will drive to Florence with my husband in September. According to your answers for my first question I decided to park car in Galluzo. Is there free parking near the main squere?
      Can I catch the bus from the main square to Florence historical centre? I found, that the bus nr. 36 and 37.I will stay in hotel Palazzuolo,Via Palazzuolo 71, Santa Maria Novella, Firenze. Will the bus take us near there?
      Thank you in advance for your answers!

more
    • Where we can park the car for free?

by miraeva Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 1:50 AM

Hallo, me and my husband are going to visit Florence for 3 days in September. We will go by car and we are looking for some cheaper hotel near center with parking free. Do anyone know that kind of hotel?
      It is possible to leave the car somewhere near centre for free? I red that all the park places are about 25E per day and It seems to me much.

Thank you very much!!!

more
    • Accomodation near centre with free parking

by miraeva Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Hallo,
      I´m going to stay with my husband in Florence for 3 days in the end of September and I´m looking for quite cheap hotel or apartments with parking. I read that everywhere in centre of Florence is parking for 25E/per day.
      Do anyone knows some hotel with parking?

more
    • where to stay in Florence

by EAD5 Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Hi we are pallning an early october trip to Florence just wondered on suggestions for accomadtion is it best to be based near the City centrec , outside , near the train station , in the past we have booked accomadtion through airbb just wondered what area would be a good place to base ourselves, happy to be overlookinga piazza , but not interested in club scenes more dining out.

Any help appreciated

more
    • Galluzo, it is save to park there ?

by miraeva Online Now Sep 14, 2016 at 1:20 AM

Hallo everyone,
      I will drive to Florence with my husband in September. According to your answers for my first question I decided to park car in Galluzo. Is there free parking near the main squere?
      Can I catch the bus from the main square to Florence historical centre? I found, that the bus nr. 36 and 37.I will stay in hotel Palazzuolo,Via Palazzuolo 71, Santa Maria Novella, Firenze. Will the bus take us near there?
      Thank you in advance for your answers!

2 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • where to stay in Florence

by EAD5 Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Hi we are pallning an early october trip to Florence just wondered on suggestions for accomadtion is it best to be based near the City centrec , outside , near the train station , in the past we have booked accomadtion through airbb just wondered what area would be a good place to base ourselves, happy to be overlookinga piazza , but not interested in club scenes more dining out.

Any help appreciated

4 Answers Sep 17, 2016 at 6:00 AM
    • Accomodation near centre with free parking

by miraeva Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Hallo,
      I´m going to stay with my husband in Florence for 3 days in the end of September and I´m looking for quite cheap hotel or apartments with parking. I read that everywhere in centre of Florence is parking for 25E/per day.
      Do anyone knows some hotel with parking?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    • Where we can park the car for free?

by miraeva Online Now Sep 13, 2016 at 1:50 AM

Hallo, me and my husband are going to visit Florence for 3 days in September. We will go by car and we are looking for some cheaper hotel near center with parking free. Do anyone know that kind of hotel?
      It is possible to leave the car somewhere near centre for free? I red that all the park places are about 25E per day and It seems to me much.

Thank you very much!!!

2 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 5:29 PM
    • informations about Florence

by mikitourist Online Now Jul 28, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Hello, I will arrive soon in Florence and I would like to know:
      1. which are advices concerning safety in touristic areas, except scammers, thieves, are there terrorist alerts?
      2. could someone to recommend me some travel agencies for a one day trip to Sienna or Pisa?
      3. Are there local free guided tours?
      Thank you!

5 Answers Sep 1, 2016 at 11:55 PM
    • A day in Florence - what to see or do to have best experience

by Dreamyjez Online Now Jul 1, 2016 at 5:39 AM

Hi, I will be staying in Rome with my hubby for 4 nights in last week of july & have already booked train tickets to visit Florence in a day (early morning till late evening).

As this is our first time to Italy, please advise what should we see or do or try? Both of us are good with walking. Food, shopping and history are our interests.

Thank you for your help!

11 Answers Jul 2, 2016 at 4:58 PM
    • Firenze card

by chucki99 Online Now Jun 5, 2016 at 2:54 AM

Can you skip lines at Uffizi and Accademia with Firenze card on 1st Sundays when museums are free?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 5:15 AM
    • HossamNada's Profile Photo

paragliding and skydiving

by HossamNada Online Now May 14, 2016 at 1:41 AM

I'm going to stay in Florence for 5 days next July and am looking for paragliding and skydiving near to Florence !

4 Answers May 14, 2016 at 4:27 PM
    • Vasari corridor

by TomR77 Online Now May 8, 2016 at 7:25 AM

Hello, I would like to visit the Vasari Corridor and I see that there are several options available for booking a tour. Can anyone recommend one that would be the best?
      I see that I will probably have to combine the tour with something else, that I might prefer to see on my own, but I understand that; I'm primarily asking for a recommendation of a reliable source, who might be able to give the most historically informative tour.
      Yours,
      Tom

2 Answers May 9, 2016 at 4:18 AM
    • A little help

by BarryPit Online Now Apr 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Looking for a nice, centrally, two to three star hotel in Florence that is close to many of the main attractions. Also interested in the best way to see many of the attractions, with 4 nights in Florence and one day devoted to a day trip in Lucca, via train. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      thank you,
      Barry Pit

8 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 5:19 AM
    • Bread baking class

by irena6789 Online Now Apr 12, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Anyone know about bread baking classes ( 1day ) in Florence
      Would love to attend one
      Thanks

3 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 5:20 AM
    • Day trips from Florence in May

by irena6789 Online Now Apr 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM

My husband and I will be staying in Florence for four nights in May Please suggest day trips besides the usual Pisa Lucca Sienna I read that Bologna is often overlooked Interested in your expert opinions Also , what is the ticket purchasing procedure? Is it possible to buy at the train station right before ( do not want to be tied to a specific date ) , or Should we reserve in the states

Thanks a million 

12 Answers May 21, 2016 at 11:24 PM
    • Florence to Arezzo

by nyartist2015 Online Now Apr 12, 2016 at 3:38 AM

I have a group arriving in Florence in May and they will need to take train to Arezzo. But from which station: Refredi or SMN? I intend to have them take taxis from the airport to the train station.

2 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 6:02 AM
    • 1spoiledson's Profile Photo

Where do locals buy their gold items off the Ponte Vecchio?

by 1spoiledson Online Now Apr 11, 2016 at 8:26 AM

My son will be traveling to Florence in June after graduation and would like to pick up a couple pieces of jewelry. I have searched the web for suggestions of the less touristy shops that he will not be taken advantage of for his youth. I have schooled him on the understanding of price and gold weight so he has a rough idea what to expect. I have found a few ships and would like your input if you have experience with the gold markets where he should visit for the best prices and hand made pieces. I have found these shops and reviews seem to be reputable any suggestion?
      Oro Duo
      The Gold Corner
      Casa dell'Orafo
      ORI
      I appreciate any advice that you can give him as I want him to have a great experience!

3 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    • dragontml's Profile Photo

4 nights in Florence.

by dragontml Online Now Mar 29, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Hi Vters,

We are planning for a four nights stay in Florence in October 2016 and doing day trips exploring

1) Pisa and Lucca - DIY or take a tour ?
      2) Sienna and San Gimignano - any recommendation for a day tour ?
      3) Tuscany wine tour - any recommendation ?
      4) Sightseeing in Florence

Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

7 Answers Mar 30, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    • Cooking or other experiences in Florence

by shalin Online Now Mar 12, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Hello! My husband and I would love to enjoy some cooking in the countryside - do you have any recommendations for any culinary experiences? We will be in the area April 7-11.
      Thank you!

3 Answers Mar 21, 2016 at 4:01 AM
    • Good guide to Florence

by ginn13 Online Now Mar 5, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Hi everybody! I'm searching somebody who knows Florence well and can show the city. English or russian languaged. If you know someone, I appreciate your help a lot. It can be paid if necessary. Unfortunately we'll have very few days for visiting. We're coming at 9th march.
      Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 2:41 AM
    • Patikowski restaurant

by craigmaj Online Now Nov 18, 2015 at 2:25 PM

My son and I were in Florence in 2007. I am sure we ate in a restaurant called Patikowsky. I cannot find an information about the restaurant. Is it closed, or am I spelling it wrong? Thank you, Craig

2 Answers Nov 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM
    • Bus from Uffizi Gallery to Boboli Gardens

by DMuller1971 Online Now Nov 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Hello. Can someone please help me. I have never used the bus in Italy before. I need to get from The Uffizi Gallery to Boboli Gardens. Also, what is the procedure once on the bus? Don't mean to sound ignorant, but this is new to me. Thank you in advance!

19 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 1:06 PM
    • Tuscany for 3 nights

by DenaM6 Online Now Nov 2, 2015 at 7:54 AM

we will only have 3 nights in Tuscany. My husband really wants to stay in Florence, and I on the other hand want to experience the Chianti region (Castellina). I think I will give him overnighting in Florence because he seems very excited about that. I need suggestions:
      We will arrive in Florence by train (coming from Venice) and can drop luggage at hotel and get started on sightseeing asap. I definitely want to visit Siena and would love to spend the last day touring some of the smaller villages in Chianti by car. We can rent a car for the day to tour Chianti and then drop off that night if possible. I don't mind hiring guides or purchasing tickets in advance for the more popular sites, so we can hopefully skip some of the long lines. I know this is a lot, but I don't want to give in for driving through those amazing villages in Chianti. I appreciate any advice.

10 Answers Jan 28, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    • pisa airport to florence

by germac Online Now Oct 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM

I need to get from Pisa Airport to Florence - any suggestions?

5 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM
    • Silk/fabric/dyers market in Florence, Italy

by Lizg789 Online Now Oct 11, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Where is this market?

4 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 3:04 AM
    • what best to buy gifts

by ashishbokade Online Now Oct 3, 2015 at 8:28 PM

I will be coming to Florence in First week of November. What best I can buy from Florence to gift my parents, friends?
      What are the office hours in Florence,Italy as I will be on business trip hence want to spen quality time in evening

6 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 10:31 PM
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Florence

by TarekG Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hello,

Can i ask about the best night club in Florence , i mean for dancing ?

Thank you :)

1 Answer Jul 27, 2015 at 12:57 AM
    • Any bus metro map in Florence?

by KenL50 Online Now Jul 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Would like to have bus metro map in Florence

1 Answer Sep 22, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • Concerts on top floor of Orsanmichele

by KathyDuck Online Now Jul 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM

In 2013 I enjoyed a performance of a duet on the upper floor of the Orsanmichele Museum. Very intimate, maybe 75 seats. I purchased my ticket at the stand at the corner of the church. Returning September 5-11, 2015 and would love to experience something similar. It was a highlight of my last trip. Any suggestions?

3 Answers Jul 18, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    • Only 2-3 hours in Florence with Family

by RollenD Online Now Jul 3, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hello All, Virtual Tourist has helped me a lot in the past with my trip to France and Switzerland. Here I am seeking out suggestions once again. God-willing I'm going to go to Arezzo for personal work next week and I intend to travel to Florence for half-a-day. Excluding the travel time I would spend just 2-3 hours in Florence with my wife and my one (1) year old infant. Please advise me the 1 or 2 best places to check out in Florence in this short amount of time. I know this duration is enough just to have a bite of any place. Please note that I am going to carry a stroller along with me for the infant. I want to avoid extremely crowded areas and unsafe areas. All suggestions are welcome

8 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 1:31 PM
    • AJ leather in florence

by Moromo Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 4:49 AM

Has anyone shopped here? I was there is week and paid 450 Euro for a Bag. I was his Galileo bag. You can only get it there. Didn't really bargain with them because the store was so nice. Did I pay too much. I was going to buy a coat he offered to ship it for 850Euro. Should I bargain for this?

1 Answer Jul 1, 2015 at 5:42 AM
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

2 nights 1 full day

by RamkrishnaPaul Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 1:52 AM

we are going to Florence for 2 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes?? Is it really hot summer by end of July?

4 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 11:06 PM
    • Jen8675309's Profile Photo

Train from Florence to Venice

by Jen8675309 Online Now May 31, 2015 at 11:25 AM

We will be traveling from Florence to Venice by train. We will have two large suitcases plus a couple other small ones. What is the best 'class' level on the train to be sure we will have room for our luggage?

7 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 11:20 PM