VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Flagstaff Travel Answers

change location
Kevin_Cade's Profile Photo

Active, Wild, Motorized Fun?

by Kevin_Cade Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM

A question I have that you might be able to help me with is....

Can you help me find any places nearby where we can:

1) quadbiking
2) dune-buggying
3) archery
4) wall climbing

etc. adventurous stuff outside, stuff that involves engines or a bit of adventurous attitudes (maybe even fitness).

We'll be doing a lot of walking,but my three active boys (9-13 years old) would love if we could do some of the activities I've listed above.

cheers in advance for any help you can (hopefully!) give,
Kevin

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Active, Wild, Motorized Fun?

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM

> 1) quadbiking 2) dune-buggying
    The forest service has become increasingly more restrictive on OHV use on its lands. Also, starting Jan 1 of this year, our state now requires a decal/license for these vehicles. The Coconino National Forest surrounds Flagstaff. fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recrea...
    > 3) archery
    There may be an archery range around Flagstaff. I'm not totally familiar with the laws, but I believe that they're the same as with non-hunting firearms on the national forest lands. I could be wrong though.
    > 4) wall climbing
    Like rock gyms? Arizona's a big climbing state. This is in Flagstaff and there are others, of course, in Phoenix: http://www.verticalrelief.com/

When are you looking at coming?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kevin_Cade's Profile Photo

Re: Active, Wild, Motorized Fun?

by Kevin_Cade Online Now Apr 3, 2009 at 1:37 AM

packing now, but I'll have interweb access throughout my hols in Flagstaff/Grand Canyon.

What about archery?
    a water park (indoor or outdoor pool with wave machine, etc.)?
    a gun firing range?

I see there's a riring range or two at/near Scottsdale, AZ, but anything nearer?

thanks in advance for any replies!

-Kevin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines