Five Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Camping open this winter?

Banff National Park Nov 17, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Anyone know if Tunnel mountain is open this winter for RV camping???

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

more
    • To go to Algonquin

Algonquin Provincial Park Nov 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM

We are a team of 6 people who love hiking and forest trekking. Next week we are planning to go to Algonquin park. We read some information about this place from here . We need to know whether any special permissions needed to travel deep into the jungle. Can somebody suggest me some good places to camp there for 5 or 6 days?

more
    • Banff in early March (around 3rd-8th)

Banff Nov 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I am planning a trip to Banff for early March, and really want to go hiking with my dog. Are there hiking trails that are open and not impossible for someone with no snow/ice hiking experience?

more
    • tonyinlove's Profile Photo

Is it allowed to skinny dip in any provinces of Canada?

Canada Dec 3, 2016 at 3:50 AM

Hi, I and my sweetheart are on a vacation to Canada. We are staying in Toronto, with our hometown friends who are here for higher studies. I asked them if they knew if it's okay to swim undressed in pools or lakes. They don't know about it. My girlfriend wants to take a nude dip in the cold water with me and is it okay to do that in Canada? My friend knows a place which is secluded, so, hopefully, nobody would see us. LOL

more
    • vancouver to seattle

Vancouver Nov 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM

what is the best way to do it

more
    • Picking a large Canadian city to move to. Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton?

Canada Nov 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Hey guys, so I'm considering moving to the big city for school to experience it. I live close to Calgary, about 4 hours away so that's what it's looking like. But at the same time I want to go either further west or further east to experience a different part of Canada.

To be honest, I've heard realllly bad things about Toronto from the family that I do have who've lived there. They say there's way too many people, the people there are very rude, it's dirty, it's just all around a crappy place to live. I want to be in a big city, and if I am going down east it's most likely going to be to Toronto. Online it looks good, it's multicultural, it has lots to do, etc. Which is what I want. But from the people I know who actually have experience living there, they hated it.

Vancouver is not even really in the question either. It's simply way too expensive for me. As a student, I can't afford on a part time job to pay $1000 a month minimum just on rent. That's crazy to me, and unrealistic. But I do have family there who love it. (Extremely wealthy family so they actually are able to be there comfortably.) Everybody seems to love it there, though.

I'm from Alberta and have been to Calgary tons because 99% of my family live there and I really like it there. It's big, the people are nice, and it's a little more affordable than Toronto/Vancouver. The only reason I'm hesitant to move there is because I've already been there soooo many times before. I want to go somewhere new and experience different things.

Don't know anything about Edmonton. I've heard it's just like Calgary but colder.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

more