change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø Dec 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day Trip to Jostedalsbreen Glacier

Sogn og Fjordane Dec 2, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I am keen to go to Jostedalsbreen Glacier, or another glacier if there is a better option in the same region of Norway.

On Jostedalsbreen Glacier it seems there are a few choices of places to go to, such as Briksdalsbreen and Nigardsbreen, and there are also different options such as just look or do a guided walk.

I found a bus which goes from Stryn, Loen and Olden to the Briksdalsbreen Glacier, so I can do a day trip this way.

visitnorway.com/listings/gla...

This means I can get to the bottom of a glacier, and I have 2 1/2 hours to walk around, and it is a very reasonable price.

But what are my other options?

Are there any other accessible glaciers in the region which I should consider?
      How much would a guided walk cost, where would I have to go to do the walk, and who offers these walks?

I won't have a car, so I am limited by where buses or tours go to.

Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

more
    • Rent a car

Honningsvåg Oct 24, 2016 at 5:44 PM

I understand that there is Avis car rental in Honningsvag. May i know how can i book the car in advance before i reach Honningsvag? I can not find Avis website which i can book online. And the rental as well. Please advise. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 1:08 AM
    • Puffin Safari

Honningsvåg Oct 24, 2016 at 5:41 PM

May i know how much does the bird safari cost from Honningsvag?

2 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 6:39 PM
    • Bus fare to Honningsvag

Honningsvåg Oct 24, 2016 at 5:39 PM

May i know the bus fare to Honningsvag from Scandic Karasjok?

1 Answer Oct 25, 2016 at 1:01 AM
    • To honnisvag airport

Nordkapp Aug 2, 2016 at 11:22 PM

Anyone knows what are the possibilities to go from nordkapp plateau to the airport? As it seems there are no busses between 830 to.1410.
      Many thanks
      Luisa

4 Answers Aug 3, 2016 at 5:05 AM
    • Cruise port excursions Honningsvag

Honningsvåg May 28, 2016 at 3:01 AM

Hi, I will be cruising the Norwegian fjords and North Cape in August with Princess. Please tell me are excursions available to book shore side on the day - Saturday 13th August as I do not want to pay the extortionate rates charged by the cruise company. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
      El

3 Answers May 29, 2016 at 9:06 AM
    • Eelliss's Profile Photo

Night visit

Nordkapp Apr 30, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Do you know if it's possible to visit Nordkapp when the office is closed, so between 1a.m and 11 a.m.?

2 Answers Apr 30, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    • bus or cab

Kirkenes Feb 19, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Which should we take to our hotel? arriving 5:40 PM

10 Answers Feb 20, 2016 at 3:47 PM
    • From kjollefjord to honningsvag with caravans

Honningsvåg Dec 27, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Is possible to take the ferry from kjollefjord to honningsvag with caravans?
      I will be there next year and i need to know this because it make me take less time to come back home.
      In hurtigrutten site i saw that is possible to do with cars and not caravans.
      Somebody can help me?
      Maybe there are some different ways to get to honningsvag faster than the road.
      Thank you very much.

Fabrizio Suglia from Italy

• Winter convoy to north cap, start from where?

Nordkapp Sep 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Winter convoy will start from November? from where ?

Thanks,

3 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 7:45 AM
    • Vuorji mountain and Lievnasjaure lake

Finnmark May 10, 2015 at 3:08 AM

My name is Nikki and I live in Amsterdam. I am planning a hiking trip this summer to northern Finnmark in Norway.

I read this book that really inspired me to go over there. I don't know if you have heard about it before, it is really popular in Holland. I believe in English it is called Beyond Sleep, by W.F. Hermans. It is about a scholar going on a fieldtrip in that area.

He starts in Skoganvarre, then heads West towards the Vuorji mountain and the Lievnasjaure lake. Then he goes south to Karasjok and I believe he follows a famous marked trail with small stones too.

I am looking for people with some experience in this area who might have information about these places, the hiking and camping itself and maybe if you know some local guides that can help me.

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Is it Kjelvik or Honnigsvag as or Cruise line says and

Kjelvik Apr 12, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Because, Virtual Tourist doesn't list Honnigsvag as a city/town what is here?. Are there local tour companies or City tour buses to book? What is recommended to see in the area or just a walk through the city/town? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM
    • Murikka77's Profile Photo

How to travel cheapest way

Kirkenes Mar 10, 2015 at 12:27 PM

What is cheapest way travel from Lofoot to Kirkenes small budget ?

12 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 9:46 AM
    • SanjaP's Profile Photo

acomodation in Kirkenes

Kirkenes Aug 31, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I will come to Kirkenes at October 3 rd and will stay till October 12.......need some not bad but not to expencive place to stay...any help?

4 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    • northern lights

Kirkenes Jul 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM

hi there! when is the best time of the year to visit Kirkenes, regarding the northern lights phenomenon?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 12:55 AM
    • Any one knows where to buy 55 shot glasses with a Nord Kap mark on?

Nordkapp Jul 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Can someone help me find out where to buy 55 shot glasses with a Nord Kap mark on?
      Thank you in advance!
      Johanna
      Wedding in Sweden

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • SFHANK's Profile Photo

Restaurants....in Honningsvag

Honningsvåg Jun 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Hello - I'll be spending the night in Honningsvag early next month. I would appreciate the name of what is considered the best restaurant. Is it the Corner Cafe ?, or are their others that are more impressive. I'm seeking some of the delicious local fish!

Thank you,

Hank - Scottsdale, AZ

• Lellie53's Profile Photo

Cost of Trip to North Cape on a Cruise

Honningsvåg Jun 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Is it worth spending £70 each to go to North Cape or just stay in Honningsvag and enjoy the scenery there?

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • North Cape Express

Honningsvåg Jun 9, 2014 at 6:44 AM

We are due at Honningsvaag on Ruby Princess on 23rd June and have just been reading about Boreal Transport on line. They advertise the first departure for 11.45am but since there will be a cruise ship in port will there be any earlier bus departures? Can you also tell me the various return departure times from North Cape as we would want to be back on board well before our 5.00pm sailing time? How long do people usually stay at the North Cape to get full benefit from their visit?
      Any help or advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
      Thank you.
      Ian Gibb
      mar.ian@tesco.net

• Taxi in Kirkenes

Kirkenes Jun 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Will taxi accept Credit cards

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • North Capae

Honningsvåg Jun 4, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Are there coaches to the North Cape from the cruise terminal at Honningsvag?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • Real North Cape

Nordkapp Jun 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I'm seeking information on the hike to the real North Cape, about 9 km off of E69. We are coming in on a cruise, arriving at 8 a.m., getting a rental car at 8:30, and I'm guessing we could be at trail head, parking area by 9:15. Is it realistic to make the hike from there in 2.5 hours, and 3 hours on the return to the car, back to car say by 2:45? Can you get further down the trail in a car to drop off hikers, shortening the hike by a mile or two? answer to email ministercbc@aol.com

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Transporte en Honningsvag

Honningsvåg May 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Alguien me puede decir cómo reservar un taxi en Honningsvag, para llegar a Cabo Norte?

1 Answer May 5, 2014 at 2:18 AM
    • rent a car

Hammerfest May 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi

Renting a very small car for 3 days and not for 7 days from Hertz, Avis,....costs much ,over 120 USD per day. Is there anyone knows about a local rent company in Hammerfest ,Norway which offers cars for lower price. With the rented car I want to drive to the Nordkapp for 3 days and back to Hammerfest.

To use a flight or bus is not so convenient to take trip in Nordkapp area.

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • travelling by Bus from Kirkenes

Honningsvåg Mar 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Dear Sir/Madam.
      I have chosen Kirkenes as the starting point of my journey across Norway, starting from 19 May 2014. Since my intention is to enjoy the Norway scenery, the fjord and the famous midnight sun, so I will be travelling by Buses, Boat and Trains. I have booked Hotel along the way.
      The itinerary will be as follows:
      -By Bus : Kirkenes-Honnigsvag (Nordkapp)(overnight Honningsvag)-Alta-Tromso
      -by Boat : Tromso-Trondheim (Hurtigrutten, overnight on board).
      -by Train : Trondheim-Lillehammer (overnight).
      -by Bus : Lillehamer-Bergen (overnight).
      -by Train : Bergen-Oslo-end.

1. How far is Rica Arctic Hotel Kirkenes and Rica Bryggen Hotel Honningsvag from the Bus station going to/from Kirkenes and Honningsvag..
      2. How to book a seat reservation for my journey from Kirkenes-Honningsvag-Alta-Tromso.
      3. How much is the ticket fare of each leg.
      3. Do you have the time table.
      3. Do you have the email address of the relevant Bus Operator or a Tourist Agency in

Kirkenes or Honningsvag, for me to contact them.

4. Do you have the email address of the Bus Operator connecting Kirkenes-Murmansk. I will contact them to book seat reservation of my trip from Murmansk to Kirkenes.

Dear Sir/Madam, please, your help will be highly appreciated

My best regards,
      SANTOSA HARDJENDRO

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • Bus travel from Kirkenes to Bodo?

Kirkenes Mar 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I'm trying to find out if there is any bus service from Kirkenes to Bodo? I arrive in Kirkenes by cruise ship the first week of September 2014, and would like to take a bus to Bodo, then grab a train to Bergen. (I've got three days to make the trip from Kirkenes to Bergen - I'm not even sure if this is possible?). I appreciate any help - thanks.

4 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    • Take bus from Alta to Honningsvag on Saturday. (Date 14 June 2014)

Honningsvåg Feb 12, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I found that the bus is not available on every Saturday to go to Honningsvag from Alta.
      I booked the flight ticket and hotel already. I need to travel to Honningsvag on Saturday. Please advise any other transportation. I have not driver license so I can't rent a car to do it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Bus to North Cape

Honningsvåg Feb 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM

We are going on Hurtigruten at the end of Feb this year.
      Is there an alternative way of getting to the North Cape apart from the excursion?

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • Things to do while in port.

Honningsvåg Jan 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Is it worth the 2 hour bus ride to North Cape in mid-July? If we decide to do that over something more active, how can we make the most of it?

1 Answer Jan 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • KarenM92's Profile Photo

Bus Transportation - Alta

Alta Jan 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Bus Line Info For Alta to Bodo?

1 Answer Jan 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • How long should I stay in Kirkenes?

Kirkenes Nov 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I’m traveling up North with Hurtigruten to Kirkenes at the end of December. In Kirkenes I will spend 1 night at the snow hotel, do a half day dog sledding trip, and do the tour offered by Hurtigruten.

I have the option to spend up to two nights in Kirkenes, but was unsure if there is actually enough to do aside from winter activities. I don’t plan on doing any other ones like snow mobiling or King crab fishing, etc. Is there enough to see and do culturally that I should stay two nights, or is one full day enough in Kirkenes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

7 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM