Finnland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø Dec 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

more
    • Daisylove's Profile Photo

Need advice for my holiday in December 2006

by Daisylove Online Now Jun 25, 2006 at 6:44 AM

Hi, I need some advise as I am planning for my holiday to Finnland.

I have the following concerns:

1. I have done some search and realise that outdoor activities such as huskies ride, reindeer ride, ice fishing and skiing seems relatively cheaper in Kuusamo compared to Rovaniemi. Is there any other cities in Finnland can offer a good deal?
      2. As outdoor activities seems realtively cheaper in Kuusamo compared to Rovaniemi, we might stay in that city. But, how high is the chances of seeing the northern light in December in Kuusamo?
      3. What is the likely temperature in December at Kuusamo?
      4. Can digital camera work or function under the cold condition (december?)
      5. I live in a country that do not have winter, therefore I wonder if I can wear contact lens in winter time under the cold weather in finnland (december)?
      6. Where can I do Finnish Sauna? Those where I can dip into the snow water after the sauna? How much is it?
      7. Where can I do ice-breaking cruise? Does anyone have any recommendation on any website where I can find out more details regarding the details and price.
      8. Also I heard the at Ivalo, there is a Igloo village, how can I get there? Or is there any other cities that have such village?

Thank you very much.

2 Answers Jun 26, 2006 at 1:09 PM
    • Shekharp's Profile Photo

Best site for observing aurora in June

by Shekharp Online Now May 20, 2005 at 11:27 PM

Hello,

I planning to come to Europe and being immensely interested in astronomy, would like to the aurora. I am told that this is not the best time to see the phenomenon, but since I don't come frequently to Europe, I would like to take a chance. Could someone advise me as to the best place to go to, where the skies are still reasonably dark? I am planning to be in Norway/Finnland on June 5, 2005.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Shekhar

3 Answers May 29, 2005 at 4:38 AM