change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• planning christmas vacation

Rovaniemi Nov 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM

hi
      can anyone kindly suggest or advice regarding the cost of a 7/8 days trip to rovaniemi? we are from India and planning to spend a few days during Christmas. we would like to do some activities and visit santa clause village.
      Thank you...

more
    • Action Park - Ice Karting

Finland Nov 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Does anyone know if Action Park is still open in Saariselka, Finland where you can do ice karting (go karting on the ice)??? The website link isn't working and we would like to know if we can book before we go.

more
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Helsinki - what area to stay in

Helsinki Nov 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Helsinki and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more

Popular Finland Travel Answer Locations

• planning christmas vacation

Rovaniemi Nov 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM

hi
      can anyone kindly suggest or advice regarding the cost of a 7/8 days trip to rovaniemi? we are from India and planning to spend a few days during Christmas. we would like to do some activities and visit santa clause village.
      Thank you...

1 Answer Dec 1, 2016 at 4:51 AM
    • Action Park - Ice Karting

Finland Nov 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Does anyone know if Action Park is still open in Saariselka, Finland where you can do ice karting (go karting on the ice)??? The website link isn't working and we would like to know if we can book before we go.

1 Answer Nov 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Helsinki - what area to stay in

Helsinki Nov 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Helsinki and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2016 at 2:28 AM
    • mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Bike hire in oulu

Oulu Oct 23, 2016 at 9:16 AM

Any good bike hire places and does anyone do electric cycles. Thanks

• travelthrough's Profile Photo

Rovaniemi transportation fares

Finland Oct 5, 2016 at 6:29 AM

Hello,
      What are the fares for a one-week transportation ticket in Rovaniemi for tourists? Are there tourist passes to use public transport?

I couldn't find any good information online.

Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 7:51 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

What can I do in and around Turku?

Finland Sep 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM

I arrive on Saturday morning in Helsinki in the third week of October from tallinn by ferry. After a quick city tour, I head to Turku by bus.
      Sunday i am free.( Monday I have some work there. I can post phone the Monday work to Tuesday if required )
      I leave back to Helsinki on Wednesday night to take an early morning flight back home.
      So what can I do for two days in Turku? Any day trips from Turku to nearby places ?

3 Answers Oct 12, 2016 at 10:35 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

What can I do in and around Turku?

Finland Sep 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM

I arrive on Saturday morning in Helsinki in the third week of October from tallinn by ferry. After a quick city tour, I head to Turku by bus.
      Sunday i am free.( Monday I have some work there. I can post phone the Monday work to Tuesday if required )
      I leave back to Helsinki on Wednesday night to take an early morning flight back home.
      So what can I do for two days in Turku? Any day trips from Turku to nearby places ?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM
    • scoobydoofast's Profile Photo

Where's the best place to get a bike?

Oulu Sep 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM

Hi all,

I've just started an exchange at OAMK, and I have missed out on getting a bike because I thought I didn't need one. Silly me! Now, is there anywhere around Oulu where I can get a bike for around 40€-50€, second hand if necessary?

Thanks,
      Ryan

(Also, Hi to my mother who posted the question below me!)

2 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 7:10 AM
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Rovaniemi - Christmas attractions & expenses

Finland Sep 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hey guys,

I am considering visiting Rovaniemi this winter to visit the Christmas attractions.

I have some questions regarding your experiences with this destination:

1. Is it very cold - bitter cold - in winter or bearable to go outside?
      2. How well can the attractions (Santa Clause Village and cave) be reached by public transport ? (expenses?)
      3. What is the cheapest and recommended offer to do a husky or reindeer sledge ride in the snow? I only saw prices from 200 Euros upwards. Are there any cheaper offers?

Thank you for your responses and help!

Kind regards,
      travelthrough

3 Answers Sep 7, 2016 at 4:20 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Northern lights

Finland Sep 5, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Can anybody tell me the best place to see the northern lights in Finland?

3 Answers Sep 6, 2016 at 8:28 AM
    • mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Wildlife in and around oulu.

Oulu Sep 4, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting my son in november at oulu university. Hoping to have a few trips out. Are there any places around oulu where we can see wolves ? I'm not sure at all what wildlife we can see if any. Will it have snowed in november? If so are there husky sledges ? What alse do you recommend?

1 Answer Sep 5, 2016 at 1:58 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Ferry reliability in December

Helsinki Aug 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Hi, would appreciate some advice on the reliability of ferry trips in the Baltic Sea during December. Plan on boarding a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki for transfer to a St Peter Line later in the day for the overnight trip to Saint Petersburg. We will be vacationing in Russia.

From my research, I have discovered there are several lines between Tallinn and Helsinki, including Tallink Silja with a 2-hour sailing departing from Tallinn at 10.30am and arriving into Helsinki at 12.30pm.
      St Peter departs Helsinki at 6pm and arrives into Saint Petersburg at 9.30am the following morning.

My questions are:
      1. How reliable are the ferries in terms of their schedule (departure and arrival times)?
      2. How frequently does the weather impact on ferry schedules during late December?
      3. St Peter Line's website appears to suggest check-in and boarding is from 1-3.30pm despite the ship only leaving at 6pm. Is this correct? I would have liked to spend a bit of time sightseeing in Helsinki.
      4. Where would you go through passport control and what would the procedure be? Upon arrival in Saint Petersburg?
      5. Upon arrival in Saint Petersburg, how long does it take ferry passengers to actually get off the ship?

Appreciate your advice, comments and experience.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2016 at 1:02 AM
    • Wayfarer83's Profile Photo

November things to do?

Helsinki Aug 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Hello. I will be stopping in Helsinki for a few days before heading to Lapland November 15th. I have tried searching many forums and sites but November seems to be left out. Are most of the attractions open? I understand the days will be shorter, colder, wet and grey? Any suggestions for things to do during this time?

3 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Reaching Helsinki airport early morning

Turku Aug 25, 2016 at 4:53 AM

How long does it take from Turku to reach Helsinki airport? I need to be at the airport at 4 am to catch a 6 am international flight. Is it better to come the previous night to Helsinki?
      Thank you

4 Answers Aug 27, 2016 at 10:11 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Reaching Helsinki airport early morning

Turku Aug 25, 2016 at 4:53 AM

How long does it take from Turku to reach Helsinki airport? I need to be at the airport at 4 am to catch a 6 am international flight. Is it better to come the previous night to Helsinki?
      Thank you

2 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 1:06 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Ferry from Tallinn

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:48 AM

I plan to take a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki in the 3rd or 4th week of October. Which line to take? Some stop inside city and some outside.
      I just hope to visit some places of sightseeing before going to Turku the next day.

5 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 1:30 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Places to see in and around Turku

Turku Aug 25, 2016 at 4:42 AM

What are the special places to see in and around Turku? I will be coming in the third/ fourth week of October
      Thank you for your time.

3 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 1:04 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Off beat places to see

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Any special things to do in Helsinki in October?
      Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

4 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Off beat places to see

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Any special things to do in Helsinki in October?
      Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

1 Answer Aug 25, 2016 at 4:42 AM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Place to stay and

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:31 AM

I need a clean and safe place to stay for two days in Helsinki in the third week of October. I am a solo female traveler. Please let me know if it is safe in Helsinki for an Asian woman to travel alone.
      Thank you for all your help

4 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 12:58 AM
    • Varoon's Profile Photo

12 Hours in Helsinki

Helsinki Aug 22, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Hi
      Have around 10-12 hours in Helsinki on 14 sep, i`ve got a hostel in city centre.
      How can i reach city centre from airport, easiest way? What would you say the best things to do in few hours.

Big foodie and want to feel the vibe of the city rather than touristy things. :)
      Thank you

3 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 3:08 AM
    • Transfer flight at Helsinki

Helsinki Aug 13, 2016 at 4:10 AM

If my JAL from Tokyo flight lands at 14:50 and my Finnair flight departs for Reykjavik at 15:35 will I make my connection???

3 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    • Floorball shop

Helsinki Aug 2, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Hi does anyone can recommend a floorball shop in the city centre of Helsinki?

3 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • Name of shop in Porvoo

Porvoo Jul 19, 2016 at 5:11 AM

Does anyone know the name/address of the shop that sells fur products in the main street in Porvoo?

12 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 3:20 PM
    • cassteve's Profile Photo

Prices in Helsinki

Helsinki Jul 15, 2016 at 11:07 PM

I'm off to Helsinki on a weeks time and just want to know how big a wheelbarrow I will need to cart my wallet from pub to pub full of battered sterling! Can I get Jonh Smiths for less than £2 a pint like here in Yorkshire! Ok I'm prepared for a shock but would love an insight as to what to expect in what looks like an amazing city!

15 Answers Jul 18, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

Helsinki Jun 9, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Is that the best option:
      Take a Finnair airport bus to the Central Railway Station then taxis from the Central Railway Station to Hostel Domus Academica, Hietaniemenkatu 14, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00100 Helsinki, Finland. Comments welcomed. Thanks
      Will touch down, at 6h35, on the 5th of July.

4 Answers Jun 20, 2016 at 1:25 AM
    • Touristinfo's Profile Photo

Luxury vacation in Finland and Sweden

Finland Jun 1, 2016 at 4:16 AM

Hello, Planning to take my family on a nicer trip to Fennoscandinavia. What experiences do you have? Read about that the finnish southeast-coast is very nice with the arcipelago, idyllic towns and friendly people. Don't want to travel to the north, this can be another trip :) Both the Swedish and Finnish summer can reach high temperatures and this we want. Also read something about Aaland (?), Gotland and of course Stockholm. Seems to be nice places? Tell me more. Where have you been? How was it like?

2 Answers Jun 2, 2016 at 3:05 PM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

day bus tickets

Helsinki May 29, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Is the day bus ticket in Helsinki provide unlimited rides for 24 hours or only for the day on which it was purchased? It is currently about 8-9 euros a day. Thanks!

1 Answer May 29, 2016 at 9:22 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Tallink or Eckero Ferry to Helsinki

Helsinki Mar 29, 2016 at 6:45 PM

What ferry company would you recommend from Tallinn to Helsinki? Eckero is quite a bit cheaper. Do they both arrive at the same harbor area in Helsinki or is one more convenient to the buses and trams? Thanks in advance

PS I realize that Viking also serves the two cities.

10 Answers May 29, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    • Recommendations for 14 Days Scandinavia Trip + Iceland

Helsinki Mar 17, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Hi, Anyone can help to suggest on what would be the best itineraries going to these countries departing from Singapore:- Iceland, Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen (maybe Norway) or may suggest any countries not to be missed. Planning to depart in December and travelling with kids (10 years old). This trip will be the first Europe trip for our family and not keen to go on Package tour as it is too rush thus planning to go free and easy. Flight from Singapore, will properly transit in London. Hope to get the travel itineraries in the most economical way here. Thanks much.

6 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 2:26 AM