VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Federated States of Micronesia Travel Answers

change location
Mateosh's Profile Photo

How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

by Mateosh Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Are there flights boats to the outer more traditional islands? I have 3 full days and I would like to arrange a flight to visit the above island. Please let me know if you have any info.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

by ryanger Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Hi there, my name is Romanis Yangerliut and I can assist you get to Woleai. I am actually from Falalop Woleai and I am working at the Council of Tamol (COT)who are overseeing the activities in the outer islands of Yap State. I arrange for host families and issue out visiting permits to visitors to the Neighboring Islands.

There is a small plane that flies out to Woleai only if there is passengers. The vessel that goes to the islands is now facing engine problem and I don't know when are they going to fix it. Please let me know what information you need to find out and I will assist you. Thank you and I am looking forward to hear from you soon, take good care.

Romanis Yangerliut

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mateosh's Profile Photo

Re: How do I get from Yap to the outer Yap Islands(Woleai Island)?

by Mateosh Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM

This sounds great. I dont have a lot of time, but the dates I have available are from May 15 to May 17th 2008 to visit the islnad. I would love to arrange a homestay. The problem is I am travelling alone. How much is the flight?

Thanks,
    Matt

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Federated States of Micronesia Travel Answer Locations