Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Xmas restaurants on a budget

Edinburgh Oct 17, 2016 at 9:12 AM

Are there any take away / fast food restaurants open in Edinburgh on Xmas day ?

• Barra Outer Hebrides

The Hebrides Sep 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM

Any experience with travel to Barra? Also what about ferry from Barra to Eriskay?

• Itinerary for the Scotish countryside

Scotland Oct 16, 2016 at 3:01 PM

If I depart from either Edinburg or Glasgow and want to spend 5 days touring the best of the Scottish experience, what should be some of my must sees. I will be driving, and rather spend more time enjoying a site than rushing to get in as much as possible. A few castles, lochs, glens, small villages , and perhaps a view of the seacoast would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, Neil

• wmeylia75's Profile Photo

Should I bring my big luggage on my visit to Scotland from London?

Edinburgh Oct 16, 2016 at 3:03 AM

I'm from Indonesia and planning to visit Scotland from London this coming December 2016. My itinerary will be start in London on my first arrival, then on the 3rd day, I'm planning to go to Edinburgh by train for 5-6 days and I'm just wondering if is it possible to bring my big luggage about 24" and cabin luggage with me in the train to Edinburgh? or should I just leave the big luggage in the left luggage in London station? since this is my first visit to UK and Scotland, so it would be so appreciated if anyone can give us advise or suggestion for this matter. Thank you so much for your help.

Near Falkirk

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Left luggage in Falkirk

by kevarms Online Now Jul 29, 2007 at 11:58 PM

Further to my earlier question about stopping off to see the Falkirk Wheel when travelling between Stirling and Edinburgh. I've just realised we will have a heavy bag with us!!!
      Is there anywhere we can leave it while we are visiting the wheel? I've checked the train stations and none of them seem to have left luggage facilities. :(

1 Answer Aug 3, 2007 at 2:51 PM
    • Bus to Falkirk Wheel and Callender House

by cathy9510usa Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 6:11 AM

I'm making a day trip by train to Falkirk arriving at Grahamston Station and leaving from High Street Station. I'd like to take a bus to the Falkirk Wheel and, if I have time, see the Callender House. I wouldn't mind walking to the latter from the center of town if that's possible. Can anyone tell me if there are buses to these sites? Thank you very much.

4 Answers Sep 7, 2006 at 12:34 PM