VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Fairford

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

RIAT

by DUNK67 Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 7:24 AM

Just got back from the royal international air tattoo (riat) at raf fairford. claire and i were friends of riat (friat) which meant we were there from wednesday to sunday.being in friat meant that we had a special grandstand which gave us a superb view of the planes, having bought a digital camera this was great news, i took over 1000 photos, unfortunately claire got hold of my film camera and took about 900 photos as well, it is going to cost me over £150 just to have them developed. spent loads of money on other stuff as well,even bought a radio to listen to the pilots (how sad?) had a great time though and next year is already booked. there were loads of great displays, especially the B2 Spirit Stealth Bomber. Did anybody else go or am i the only plane spotter here?

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Royal International Air Tattoo

by DUNK67 Online Now Jul 3, 2004 at 7:06 AM

I was just wondering if anybody else is going to the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford next week, I will be there from Wednesday 14th July to Sunday 18th July. Dunk