change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Traveling onwards

Stockholm May 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Ed and I plan on visiting Stockholm this summer and will be continuing on to Copenhagen and then Amsterdam.
      I'm looking and getting quite confused about booking rail vs flights.

I've looked at booking my flights between Tallinn and Stockholm on SAS.
      I've never flown them before - some input on them would be helpful. Good? Bad? I take it they're a basic no frills carrier such as our Easy Jet or Jet Blue.
      Pricing was cheap at around $65.00/pp including 1 checked in bag and 1 small carry on.

I've figured out that flight time between Stockholm and Copenhagen is relatively cheap and much quicker on paper.
      By the time you figure in arrival pre-check in time, security, etc., figures out to be about the same as rail.
      I'm getting a price of $67.00 one way between the two points on June 20th on Scandinavian Rail with a train travel duration of 04hr 21mins...does this sound correct?
      Am I looking in the right place? best website for booking direct? I know to stay away from RailEurope.com.
      Same applies for travel between Copenhagen and Amsterdam on June 22nd.

Finally, as I will be taking train between Sweden & Denmark then on to the Netherlands, on to Belgium and finally to France, would an Eurorail pass be more economical and to my benefit?

Thanks in advance,
      Homer (and Ed)

more
    • Transport in Fårö

Fårö May 3, 2016 at 5:22 AM

Is there another way of transport, besides taxi, between the main port of Fårö and the Sudersand Hotel? If there's only cabs available, do any of you know an approximate price of the run? Thank you

more