change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Advice for traveling to Iceland

Iceland Oct 25, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are in the process of planning a trip to Iceland for 7 to 8 day in the beginning of March 2017. There's couple of reasons we are going during that time and not later in the spring. First, is that I'm currently in grad school and work full time job, so we're going during my spring break. Second, we hard it was a pretty good month to see the northern light and we would still be able to visit ice caves. Are tentative plan is to rent a car and travel the ring road. booking Air BNBs or hotels along the route.

What advice do you guys have for my first time? I've heard great things from people that have went. Though they mostly spent their time in reykjavik and I would like to venture out. Where should i visit? Places to stay? the best rental places? And so fourth.
      thank you all

• Road trip in October with two Kids.

Iceland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Hi all,
      We are planning on travelling all the way around Iceland in October next year with our two kids. At that time they will be 3 and 6 years old. We almost haven't been able to find anyone who has experience with travelling with kids in Iceland, so we hope that some of you has got some insight.

We are planning to do the ring road in 30 days, so we have LOTS of time, which we find important because we will make a lot of stops because of the kids, and also because of the unpredictable autumn weather. So we are in no hurry, and will have time to wait for better weather and road conditions along the way.

We hope to rent a 4WD camper jeep so that we will be able to sleep in the car at campsites. Our questions are:
      - Will it be fine to sleep in the car, if it has got a heating system for the night times, or will it still be too cold?
      - We know that a lot of campsites will be closed, but does this mean, that we won't be able to park there, or can we park the car in the area for the night anyway (even though all the campsite's services has shut down)?.

- Does anyone have experience with travelling the ring road with young kids? Any tips or recommendations will be much appreciated.

• samitbabu's Profile Photo

A complete trip around Iceland

Iceland Oct 23, 2016 at 12:17 AM

Is it possible to do a complete trip around Iceland in 9 days ?

I'll prefer to spend he first 5 days at the southern coast ( Golden Circle, Skogafoss area, Vik area till Jokulsarlon)

and just drive around to any two spots in the northern side to reach back to Reyjavik.

Spend the last couple of days at Reykjavik.

Need your opinion whether it would be a good decision.
      and maybe suggestion on two spots in the North of north-west Iceland which to cover.

• Sim Card for my US phone?

Iceland Oct 14, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Hello all,

So my trip is fat approaching and I just remembered that I need to figure out a phone while in Iceland. I was thinking of either (a) getting new SIM card for my phone, or (b) trying to find a 4g wifi unit. I like the idea of the wifi unit just because it allows me to continue to use my regular phone number... making it easier for those form home to get in touch if needed. But, it appears that companies such as Trawire don't have anything available for my dates. So, where might I find a SIM card that I might be able to use for data, and for moderately priced calls home?

Popular Eyjafjarðarsÿsla Travel Answer Locations

• Certificate for crossinf the nort circle

Grímsey Mar 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Hi !
      Can somebody tell me where can we get this famous certficate when we get to Grimsey, please ?
      I will go there in July, i will take the boat for going and the plane for return.

2 Answers Apr 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    • trip from Reykjavik to Vik

Vík Feb 24, 2004 at 7:41 AM

We are going to Iceland on March12-14. How much time would it take to drive from Vik to Reykjavik straight? Is a regular car OK for this time of the year? How much time would it take to drive from Reykjavik to Vik via Geysir and Gulfoss?

4 Answers Feb 16, 2005 at 4:08 PM