change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Exuma District Travel Answer Locations

• Getting there

Little Exuma Island Feb 10, 2015 at 7:32 AM

My friends and I want to take a trip to little exuma island but were on a budget so instead of flying is there a ferry from Florida that could get us there?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM
    • MissJo83's Profile Photo

Place to stay!

Exuma District Sep 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I'm a student traveling on my own on a low budget. Does anyone know a cheap really simple place to stay at Exuma? I just find dubblerooms at expensive hotels when I search for accomendation... I would love to see Exuma for a few days! :)
      Thanks!

• Where to stay and what to do?

Little Exuma Island Jul 1, 2014 at 3:25 AM

I am going to Little Exuma with my boyfriend and 3 year old daughter in November. Where to stay and what to do? Links, please. Not to expensive. The reason I want to go is because of the adorable, swimming pigs - so obviously we are going to see them, but how? I do not want to go deep sea fishing.

Also, is it allowed to use metal detectors in Bahamas?

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Direct flights to Georgetown

Little Exuma Island Jun 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Hi,

does anyone know if any airlines have direct flights from Fort Lauderdale to George Town?

Thanks!

Renate

5 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    • Store hours on Sundays?

Great Exuma Island May 13, 2014 at 6:49 AM

We arrive in Georgetown on Sunday afternoon and are staying in a house. Although we are packing a lot of provisions, we will need to purchase bottled water, beer, drinks, etc. upon arrival. I was told the grocery store closes at 11:00 am on Sunday. Is there anywhere we can purchase the above items? Thanks! Kelly

1 Answer May 19, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Smoking Policies @ Sandals Emerald Bay?

Great Exuma Island May 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I was just curious to know from anyone that's been there recently what the smoking policies are at this resort? What extreme lengths does a smoker have to go to to get a hit of nicotine? Also are the water vapor e-cigs allowed? Etc... Obviously I would not expect there to be smoking allowed in any of the restaurants or indoor areas or even the high traffic outdoor areas but surly you can catch a smoke outside of your room in the open air can't you? Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a rude or inconsiderate smoker. i take note of my surroundings and go out of my way to ensure that it doesn't blow toward people who might not like it but I know, with the wedding day being there, that I'm gonna be three balls of stress and am going to need that nicotine hit to remain at least mostly human instead of a Bridezilla. LOL. Also it would be nice to be able to kick back on the beach and enjoy a smoke (down from other patrons and sure not to let it blow their direction of course.)

• Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

3 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    • Food stores in Nassau

Exuma District Jan 21, 2014 at 8:43 PM

We will be chartering a sailboat out of Nassau to sail as far as Staniel Cay and back. We have to provision for 8 people for 10 days. I saw the website for FoodFtore2Go. Are their prices a lot more expensive than in the SuperValue store in Nassau? At $60.00 a case of beer, we might have to switch to vodka!

• BlindFish's Profile Photo

Cheapest way from Miami to Goerge Town?

Exuma District Dec 20, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Hi everyone,
      we are planning to visit the Island of Great Exuma in Octobre 2013. I was checking air fares with some travel sites but about %820 was the best price I could get to make the Trip from Miami to George Town and back one week later.

Does anyone know of a local company that could serve us on a cheaper alternative? Unfortunately, we are already fixed to certain dates as we arrive in Miami on 10/9 and have to leave from there on 10/16 at about 5pm, so a direct connection by airplane would be most convenient for us.

Any help would be really appreciated.

3 Answers Dec 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    • rondionne's Profile Photo

Normans Cay/MacDuffs

Norman's Cay Jan 17, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Does MacDuffs still exist. I cannot get their website to open.

2 Answers Jan 17, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    • Camping

Exuma District Dec 20, 2007 at 1:08 PM

I'm going to be travelling to the Exumas in the spring and am looking at camping on the beaches leaving only footprints. I was thinking of taking a mail boat to one of the out islands. How are the bugs and are there any islands of recommendation?

• Progress?

Norman's Cay Dec 16, 2007 at 12:20 PM

I visited Norman's Key a few times in the early 70's, it was an fun and active place then with some rental cottages on the water and the most beautiful bar on a hill overlooking the harbour. I know the Cay fell on hard times, But I have heard that it is now being redeveloped....is that true?

• Help and Advice wanted

Exuma District May 14, 2005 at 8:55 PM

Hi we presently live in the uk and have a 4 year old daughter, we are thinking of relocating to Great Exuma and would appreciate any advice anyone can give us about, education , hospitals the best part of the island to buy, setting up a water sport business or restaurant ,café ? ,is the internet available ,satellite tv, etc we haven’t been but will be going in the next six weeks, for four weeks

Regards Gary & Amanda

3 Answers Jun 3, 2005 at 7:02 AM
    • Need hotel room for 5 Nov 04

Exuma District Oct 5, 2004 at 3:00 PM

Good afternoon: We have a party of four traveling to Georgetown, Bahamas on 5 Nov 04 and will be departing on 6 Nov 04 on the Nektron Rorqual. Due to the hurricanes, our room has been cancelled at the Peace and Plenty and we have been unable to locate another hotel. Per the International Operator, we are unable to call the Bahamas due to phone line troubles. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. PS We only need one room.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2004 at 4:19 AM
    • Hotel fax,tel numbers

Georgetown Jun 2, 2004 at 10:54 AM

Where can I get a list of hotels with tel and fax numbers? Also would like Realestate Agents numbers. I own 4 lots in Bahama Sound #4 and thinking of selling 2 and building on the other 2. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

3 Answers Jan 10, 2005 at 5:30 AM