Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Possible itinerary in Extremadura

Extremadura Sep 23, 2016 at 2:17 AM

I will be travelling between Seville and Lisbon in mid February and was thinking of visiting Extremadura on the way. I have 5 or 6 days for this. I would be be interested in getting itinerary suggestions.
      Thank you.

Popular Extremadura Travel Answer Locations

• Possible itinerary in Extremadura

Extremadura Sep 23, 2016 at 2:17 AM

I will be travelling between Seville and Lisbon in mid February and was thinking of visiting Extremadura on the way. I have 5 or 6 days for this. I would be be interested in getting itinerary suggestions.
      Thank you.

9 Answers Sep 27, 2016 at 10:15 PM
    • english speaking taxi firms

Gata Jun 8, 2015 at 4:48 AM

hi, my friend and i are staying in Gata de gorgos. we will be wanting to use a local taxi firm for a couple of the evenings we are away. we will most likely be travelling to Denia, Moraira and Xabia. all about a 20 min journey by car give or take. Can anyone recommend a taxi firm to use. We are 2 girls travelling alone so would prefer a recomendation as apposed to just picking one at random.
      Thanks in advance :)

2 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 6:54 AM
    • Columbaria quotations in Merida

Extremadura Oct 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Can anyone tell me the names of the philosophers whose quotations are on boards on the walk between the Roman Casa and the Columbaria please?

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    • Bus services

Jarandilla de la Vera Sep 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

are there local buses in Jarandilla de la Vera and is it possible to visit Caceres by bus from there?

• Places to see

Badajoz Aug 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

What are the important places to see in Badajoz. What is the best and economical means of travel from Lisbon (Portugal) to Badajoz ?

2 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

autobus de Plasencia a Madrid

Extremadura Feb 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Hola! Como se puede ir en autobus de Plasencia a Madrid por la mañana (día laborable) excepto AVANZAbus?

1 Answer Feb 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

Elvas-Badajoz by taxi

Badajoz Feb 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Being in Badajoz I want to go to Elvas for 2-3 hours. The bus shedule doesn't suit me. How much is it to go by taxi ?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

Guadalipe: is there bus from Madrid now?

Extremadura Feb 1, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I see (
      bicicleta-guadalupe.html) a route Madrid-Guadalipe operated by LA SEPULVEDANA. But there is no such route in their web. I wrote them a question and they answered that it is right, they havn't such route now.

May be somebody know: this route is cancelled at all or now it is operated by another conpany?

3 Answers Feb 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

left luggage service in Plasencia ?

Plasencia Aug 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Is there a left luggage service at train o bus stations in Plasencia ?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    • Left luggage anywhere?

Cáceres May 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Could anybody please tell me whether there is a left luggage facility anywhere in Caceres, whether at the train station or somewhere else?

3 Answers May 28, 2010 at 4:14 AM
    • Hostal Extremadura

Fuente de Cantos Jan 22, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Do you know whether this hostal is opened in January ?

• Albergo turistico Fraile de Zurbaran

Fuente de Cantos Jan 22, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Is this albergo turistico opened in January ?
      Are there any double rooms available ? Possibility of early reservations ?
      Sabanas y toallas ?

• Hostal Asturias

Jarilla Jan 22, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Did any of you sleep in Hostal Asturias ?
      Any recos ?
      Thanks vm

• Fuente de Canto albergue turistico Fraile de Zurbaran

Zafra Jan 16, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Hi there,
      I imagine that you know this place if you live in Zafra.
      I try to get information from the hospitaleros without any success.
      My questions please :

- is the albergo opened in January ?
      - can we make reservations in advance ?
      - are there any doble rooms available ?
      - are there any sabanas y toallas available ?

Muchissimas gracias por su respuesta.

4 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    • Pedro_Laia's Profile Photo

Finde 7 y 8 Marzo

Cáceres Feb 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Hi VT members.
      In the weekend 6-8 March, i'll go with some friends to Cáceres. We are a group of , 7/8 personns and we would like to rent a flat near the center. Can anyone give me some tips about it? thanks in advance and great trips for all of you.
      Pedro Laia

• Pedro_Laia's Profile Photo

Weekend in Mérida - Home renting

Mérida Feb 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Hi VT members!
      In the first weekend of Marh i'm planning to visit Merida with some friends. we are a group of 10. Can anyone give me some information about a house to rent?
      Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Feb 18, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    • Weather in Extremadura.

Extremadura Sep 11, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Hi could someone please advise me what the weather is like in Caceres,Badajoz and Merida in late April-early May.Thankyou

1 Answer Sep 11, 2007 at 3:08 PM
    • Monfrague Natural Park

Trujillo Apr 1, 2007 at 1:08 PM

We will be staying in Trujillo for a couple of days in September and would like to vist Monfrague Natural Park. I am looking for suggestions on where to go for easy to moderate hikes. Do you have a favorite? Where would we park the car? Is it best in the morning, afternoon or evening? Any other suggestions for visiting the park would be welcomed.

Thank you

• Taxis from Cáceres train station?

Cáceres Jul 11, 2006 at 12:44 AM

I'm going to be visiting Cáceres in a few weeks time, and wondered if anyone knew what the situation at the train station was like for taxis. Are there usually plenty there? Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 22, 2007 at 11:40 AM
    • How to get from Lisbon to Caceres?

Cáceres May 16, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I am having a hard time finding out how to get from Lisbon to Caceres. I haven't been able to find train tickets, and car rentals are prohibitively expensive. Could anyone please advise on trains or buses, etc. to get to Caceres?

1 Answer Apr 27, 2007 at 5:02 AM
    • linzree's Profile Photo

travelling to badajoz

Extremadura Oct 31, 2005 at 12:38 PM

hello everyone, I wonder if someone could help me please, I am travelling to badajoz in november from manchester airport uk and wonder if anyone knows if it is easier/faster to get there via madrid and catch the train down or travel via lisbon and catch the train across. any help gratefully received,I have no sense of direction whatsoever but as i love to travel..... I tend to get lost a lot..... :-)

1 Answer Oct 31, 2005 at 3:54 PM
    • Weather in February

Extremadura Oct 10, 2005 at 8:08 AM

We are experienced travelers, and Spain is our most frequent destination. But for work-related reasons we are able to travel only in winter months. We have been wanting to visit Extremadura (especially Caceres and Merida) for several years, but have heard that the weather in winter can be quite, well, extreme! Can anyone give us a sense of what it might be like to spend ten days there in early February (4-12)? Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 15, 2005 at 1:32 PM
    • Badajoz to Lisboa

Badajoz Aug 24, 2005 at 6:27 AM

I intend to go to Lisbon from Badajoz. I've been told that there are at least 4 buses every day. Does anyone knows something more specific ?

• getting to caceres

Cáceres Oct 11, 2004 at 4:54 AM

hi everyone I am trying to get to caceres and am not sure of the best way from Barajas airport. I want to take the train at puerta de atocha. what is the best way to puerta de atocha from barajas airport?

3 Answers Apr 29, 2008 at 3:41 AM
    • plboy's Profile Photo

Hotel& Events Caceres area

Extremadura Oct 3, 2004 at 8:55 AM

Hi, i am planning to visit Extremadura 20th November and following days. I am looking for nice accomodation in Caceres or Merida. Do you know any pages that I can read and choose? My other question is about events. Are there any planned for that period? I am interested in local life and habitats. Any tips for local cuisine. How about the weather at that time? Thanks in advance Martin

6 Answers Oct 4, 2004 at 1:56 PM
    • Caceres accomodation?

Cáceres Apr 8, 2004 at 5:36 AM

Hi to everyone.I am going to Caceres in late May and I am having trouble finding accomodation.Does anybody know of a reasonably priced Hotel/hostal close to the bus station.Thanks for any suggestions. Jenny

2 Answers Apr 11, 2004 at 4:28 AM
    • Caceres?

Cáceres Feb 20, 2004 at 4:09 AM

Hi everyone! I am thinking of traveling to Carceres and Merida in May when I return to Spain with my Mum this time.We were wondering whether it would be better to travel by train or bus. Can we break our journey and get off and look around other cities (is it worth it) and what stations do we begin our journey from in Madrid?We are heading for Lisbon and have 4-5 days to enjoy the countryside and some history. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated., even if they mean a change to our itinerary. Gracias!

1 Answer Feb 20, 2004 at 5:23 AM