change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• How good is the nightlife in Newport Beach?

Newport Beach Oct 7, 2016 at 5:54 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife any good? many thanks

• Transport to Inyokern

Lancaster Oct 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to get from Lancaster CA to Inyokern. We have a shuttle booked with Antelope to get from LAX to Lancaster but need onward travel to Inyokern.

• Handicapped Access

Santa Catalina Island Sep 29, 2016 at 9:03 AM

How would a person who is unable to walk far get around the island?

• Great Star Theater

San Francisco Sep 24, 2016 at 10:54 AM

How safe is The Great Star Theater in Chinatown at night? (6-10pm)

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Motor home rental in California, recommendation on company and location.

California Sep 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM

A couple of friends, from Europe, will be flying into California and want to rent a Motor Home to tour the state and are looking for a recommendation on company and location. This is for preliminary planing and he currently owns a Motor Home and is thus experienced in driving a small to medium sized one. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. How are the State and National parks in California?

• Recommended destinations in Death Valley

Death Valley National Park Sep 24, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Flying to LA from UK mid December. I'm then hiring car and driving to Death Valley, probably staying at hotel in Furnace Creek which I recall from last trip 25 years ago. Two nights stay before driving on. So I'd appreciate recommendations on any 'must see' places in/around Death Valey please. Also possible solo hiking, say 5-8 miles? Oh, and what weather can I expect?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• Taxi cost on Xmas Day

Los Angeles Oct 10, 2016 at 2:39 AM

Hi we arrive in LAX at 6.40pm on Xmas Day. Does anyone know how much it would cost to use Uber to get from LAX to Hotel on Walk of Fame. We're here for 13 nights and not renting a car - is it easy enough to get around using public transport

• Melis90's Profile Photo

Help Me :)

Los Angeles Oct 21, 2016 at 6:09 AM

Hi everyone !
      I just came to Los Angeles- Marina Del Rey and i havent rent a car yet. So how can i go around ? Is metro safe? And where should i visit because i will stay in here for 3 months and i dont know any place in here 

• Visiting California for the first time for a football game

San Francisco Sep 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM

I'm visiting CA for the first time for a football game in November. I will be in Santa Clara at Levi's Stadium. I'm going to extend my stay and do some traveling to other parts of Northern CA. I'm thinking of either going to San Francisco and driving to Sonoma or Napa Valleys. I also have thought of driving along the coast to Monterey and Big Sur. I'm wondering if it makes sense to stay for any length of time in Silicon Valley. Are there things to do there that merit my spending more time?

• Family drive Yosemite NP to Death Valley in April

Yosemite National Park Sep 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Hello. Our family of 4 (2 kids under 5 years old) are looking to drive from San Francisco to Las Vegas in April next year via Yosemite and Death Valley. We have several days to do this. Looks like Highway 120 is closed that time of year so how do we set about planning our adventure? Can anyone help us out with insider knowledge, useful hints and tips please, especially routes. Thanks.

• SF/LV/LA trip itinerary help

California Sep 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Hi everyone, I am travelling for the first time to California, and need a bit of assistance. I am landing at LAX at roughly 13:30, and should probably be out of the airport by 14:30. Our trip will be mid January for a total of 17 days. And I have already got flights from SFO-LAS, and then LAS-LAX. All the accommodation is already booked, now its all about the finer details to the trip.

Part 1: The first bit of info that I need is regarding getting from LAX to San Francisco, I have been advised to take the PCH and stop over for the night in Morro Bay/Cayucos, then drive early the next day to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for a few hours before making our way to San Francisco. I have read many forums saying its not advisable to make that trip in 1 day, as theres too much to see, which I agree with... Unfortunately its that or take a flight direct to San Francisco. Please can you tell me if it is at all worth making that drive, or just taking a flight.

Part 2: We will spend 5 nights in San francisco, and I am struggling to define what are must do's, as so many people recommend different things... right now this is my plan, please critique it,and help me make the right choices.

Day 1: Arrive at the hotel mid day in Fishermans Wharf, spend an hour or two relaxing at the hotel, then going out to explore the Wharf, Pier 39, Ghirardelli's and maybe catch the evening tour of Alcatraz. Return and have dinner close to the hotel.
      Day 2: Head out just after sunrise, taking the Cable car from Fishermans Wharf to Market street, and will probably walk to the Ferry Building and explore there, then make our way back to Union Square, and up to china town and exploring there. Afterwards, taking the cable car to Lombard street, then head back to the hotel, relax before dinner and find a nice area to eat with some music.

Side note -- please can you tell me if i fit too many or too little things per day

Day 3: Up and out early again to Steiner Str to walk through the park and see the Pink Ladies. Up to Golden Gate Park and the Academy of Science, the Morrison Planetarium, and the Japanese Tea Garden. then to the Golden gate bridge, will probably rent a bicycle and cycle to the other end... We would love to from here, go to Muir woods, spend an hour there, before making our way back to the hotel, again relax a bit, then go out for dinner.
      Day 4 : This day is still up for debate, but my wife would love to see Yosemite for the day... I know that you can easily spend a week without seeing everything, but the thought is that while we are on the west coast, we should make the effort to see the park, or at least as much as we can in 1 day.
      Day 5 : Take a small group tour to Napa and spend the day exploring the wineries.

Part 3 : Departing to Vegas at around 11am, spending 3 nights there. This part of the trip is pretty much easy enough to plan for, but the highlight would be a helicopter trip to the grand canyon.

Part 4 : Depart Vegas to LAX, we will be spending 4 nights staying in Hollywood area, and another 4 nights saying in Anaheim. Now for this part of the journey, we LOVE theme parks, and we are dedicating 3-4 days to it.

Day 1 : Land at LAX at 13:00, make our way to the hotel, relax for a few hours, then off to see Hollywood BLVD, for the rest of the night.
      Day 2 : Drive to Six Flags Magic Mountain ( Never been to a Six Flags before, looking forward to it).
      Day 3 : Universal Studios
      Day 4 : Tour around LA (Please help me which things to see)
      Day 5 : Move to the new hotel in Anaheim, and explore the area for the day
      Day 6 : DisneyLand
      Day 7 : Disney Adventure

Side Note: Let me know if 2 days is too much for these 2 parks.

Day 8 : Still debatable, was thinking of driving to San diego for the last day.

We fly out the next morning at 1AM, so don't want to do too much on the last day... pretty much just relax.

That you all in advance for the advise and I look forward to you responses.

• public golf course

by dpanzica Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 5:53 PM

are there public golf courses?

2 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    • father son time

by jerryskids Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM

want too catch a fish off of the north jette, with my son i have no clue what to use or were to fish can you help a bratha out ? thanks

1 Answer Jun 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • TiffanyK's Profile Photo

Eureka nightlife??

by TiffanyK Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Is there anything to do on Monday nights in eureka or maybe karyoke close by?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Base for hiking and sightseeing for 4 days/3 nights?

by TejasAce Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Is Eureka a good base for hiking in the redwoods and sightseeing and hiking in areas around Arcata, Trinidad and Klamuth? Should we spend one night somewhere else to reduce driving and have better sightseeing? After our time in this area, we are driving to Mendocino for 2 nights. Is there a fun place to visit and hike between Eureka and Mendocino where we should consider spending one night?

2 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    • VickiH's Profile Photo

tree houses

by VickiH Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM

is there a tree houses to visit

1 Answer Mar 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    • Weather in early June

by TomMacKenzie Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 10:46 AM

I have a freind heading to Eureka in early June on Harleys. I seem to recall it being quite foggy and wet that time of year.

Your thoughts?

1 Answer Mar 23, 2007 at 3:36 PM
    • Might be moving to Eureka

by dkfowler Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 5:59 PM

My wife and I are thinking about moving to Eureka, CA. We know nothing about the town and it has been very hard to find good info on it. We are in our early 30's and enjoy the outdoors (originally from Alaska). We used to live in Portland, OR and loved it there. Enjoyed the small(er) town, nightlife, bars, music scene and outdoors.

Can someone tell me a little about Eureka? Really want to get a feel for how the city is before we make a trip to visit.

5 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 5:04 AM
    • viracocha's Profile Photo

Travelling from Manchester England to Eureka - Best options?

by viracocha Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 6:31 AM

Hi, my wife and I are visiting our Aunt who lives in Eureka in May, we can only manage a weeks vacation so are looking for the best way to get there, we have been to Eureka previously, drove up from San Francisco, but because of the short duration of the visit would like to fly, costs seem rather high from SFO so would welcome local insight if possible. Thanks in advance for your help

Vanessa & Dave

2 Answers Apr 21, 2006 at 5:32 PM