Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe east memphs

Memphis Oct 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

i need to stay near east memphis, is this a safe area? what hotels are recommended in the area? i saw some reviews that mentioned drug traffcking in parking lots and i want to be sure that i am booked in a hotel in a good area

• Best way to travel around Nashville at night with a child

Nashville Oct 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I am visiting Nashville for a concert at TPAC. Safety is my main concern with a child in tow. Should I stay at Doubletree or another downtown hote...or in another location in Nashville?

Should I use a cab or Uber (which company if you know of a good one...) for travel late at night or attempt to park and walk?

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• evening shows + observatories?

New Mexico Oct 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Hello, I'm a TA wanting to explore NM & I'm curious about:
      a) a location (other than usual suspects i.e. albuquerque/santa fe) that might have

a evening show of sorts i.e. a amphitheatre wi/entertainment?

b) a location in NM.....(anywhere south) that might have a observatory where folks

can star gaze?

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

VT meet in LA

Beverly Hills Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

VT meet in november

Los Angeles Oct 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Hi I am manish from India. i have set up a meeting in beverly hill in november. Hope to catch up with you and other VT locals. I would really love to meet you guys from LA and around. I know being a thanksgiving week, it might be difficult for all, but would love to meet as many locals as possible.

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• Sharon61bio's Profile Photo

Old School Seafood Platter

Saint Petersburg Sep 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Where is the best place in the Clearwater/St Pete area to get a really good fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, clams and scallops?

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• Hotels In New Orleans

New Orleans Oct 19, 2016 at 6:49 AM

We are visiting NO next summer. Does anyone know where to stay? We are 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      We want a good hotel, 3 or 4 stars in a safe city area.

Best regards

• A place to freshen up

Asheville Oct 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM

I am planning a surprise party that will have separate groups coming from different parts of the country arriving on the same day. Sleeping accommodations are taken care of but having them arrive there before the party would ruin the surprise. Is there a good place the parties could meet mid to late afternoon and freshen up after their travels?

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Suggestion of Wineries

Napa Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM

I'll be with my family in Napa. Could you suggest good/best wineries to visit and taste?

• TimC52's Profile Photo

vegas stag do night

Las Vegas Oct 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM

i have been given the epic task of organizing the stag do in Vegas day time is sorted it just night time events we are going out on tuesday the 29 nov and looking for ideas for were to drink and what to do any help on this would be great

thankyuo all in advance

• How good is the nightlife in Kansas City?

Kansas City Oct 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife good? & would I be right in thinking there isn't a lot of people from England in Kansas City? many thanks

• Nature photography workshops

United States of America Oct 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM

I want to hear suggestions for the best nature photography workshops as I love nature photography and want to grow as the nature photographer. I am in Los Angeles and ready to travel for the workshops.

• alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

First visit to Boston for the weekend!

Boston Oct 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM

We will be traveling to Boston this weekend for the first time! We will be staying near downtown and would like some suggestions on must do's.

We are also looking to take a day and travel by train to Portland ME to visit. If anyone has any suggestions on must do's in Portland we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

• Staying in Boston

Boston Sep 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Wie are a mid 50 couple. Will be coming to Boston in mid October for the first time for 3 nights.
      What is the best area to stay and see the touristic interest?

• nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

When and Where to Stay on the Alabama Coast

Alabama Oct 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Looking for either December or early April to go to Alabama. Never been. Want to do the coast. Which is the nicest beach, not too loud. Is the water warm enough in December or April/May.

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

Miami Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

• How good is the nightlife in Newport Beach?

Newport Beach Oct 7, 2016 at 5:54 AM

Hi all, I have 4-7 days to spare when I'm in the US next year. So am considering a few places. Is the nightlife any good? many thanks

• Transport to Inyokern

Lancaster Oct 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to get from Lancaster CA to Inyokern. We have a shuttle booked with Antelope to get from LAX to Lancaster but need onward travel to Inyokern.

• NYE in Boston

Boston Sep 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM

We are a family of four adults 54, 55, 24,20. We would like to know the best things to do on NYE, do we stay in a hotel on the waterfront or downtown? Also do we splash out on one of the hotel packages or is there enough to do around the waterfront/copley square with the first night celebration. We are there for five nights, is everything open, what itinerary would be best and can anyone recommend any mid range hotels and restaurants? Thank you

• New Years Eve

New York City Oct 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Hi all,

My husband and I (both 27) will be in New York for new year and as everyone else seems to we are struggling with what to do. I literally refuse to go anywhere near time square but would still like a bar/lounge/party to go to. I've read the Chelsea area is the place to be? Has anyone got any suggestions please? Is it best to eat late afternoon? Thanks :-)

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Amtrak (Coast StarLATE) on-time performance from LA, public transportation to the airport

by GyuriFT Online Now Jun 23, 2016 at 1:39 PM

1) We are coming from the southern direction on Coast Star"Late", pardon, Coast Starlight.
      A while ago the on-time performance used to be pretty bad - how it is now?

2) I discovered, renting a car from the Enterprise or Hertz near the Amtrak station and returning it back at the PDX in Portland means quite hefty one-way fees. Same about returning it to the Eugene airport.
      I do not see a lot of public transportation possibilities.
      The "plan B" is quite nasty:
      - rent the car for a day at the Hertz or Enterprise near Amtrak station in Eugene
      - reserve a car from a European car rental gateway (Amtrak station is not on their list!) from Eugene airport to PDX one-way, that avoids one-way surcharges.
      - my wife drops me off the next day at Eugene airport, I pick up the rental car there, we follow each other back to Amtrak and return the car to Hertz / Enterprise

That works, except it is quite inconvenient. A taxi from Amtrak station to the airport seem to be in $30 range or more. I do not see any bus.

What to do than? Proceed with that inconvenient two-car-rental-follow-each-other trick?

10 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 9:19 PM
    • nanadear's Profile Photo

transportation in Eugene

by nanadear Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Hubby abd I will be coming in on the Amtrak about 5pm on a Tues. and need to get to the Gateway mall before 6pm to pick up a rental car. What would be the best way to get from train station to Gateway Mall? Looking forward to driving thru OR, was told it is beautiful. Also any advice about a car trip from Eugene along the coast and then to Sacramento would be appreciated.

5 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    • Traveling by foot from Eugene!

by mumz Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I've just begun researching a low-impact travel route from Seattle to Davis, CA (northeast of San Fran) for the month of August. I am aware of the Amtrack Cascade, which would get me as far as Eugene, and now am looking into traveling from Eugene to Davis, CA.

My curiosity lead me to google maps, which claims it will take 6 days on foot (i'm aware that this doesn't include sleep).

How difficult is the terrain south of Eugene? I understand there are steep mountains, but is it reasonable to travel via foot and camp along the way (in August)?

Recommendations for specific books are welcome.

6 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    • Under 21 Nightlife

by Foxxwray Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I will be entering the University of Oregon this fall and I was wondering if there was any Eugene Nightlife for those under 21.

1 Answer Jul 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    • hotcoaldance's Profile Photo

cheap decent place to spend the night...

by hotcoaldance Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Hello friends!
      I'll consider suggestions about campgrounds as well as cheap motels.
      I'll be in Eugene on the 5th and Cottage Grove on the 6th for a couple of concerts that my friend and I want to go see. I imagine we'll be going to sleep really late, so a humble place is just fine for us. ...but safe, and clean would be great!
      By the way, is it true that in Oregon it is legal to crash with a tent on any rest-stop along the freeway?
      ...yes, we're 2 musician on a tight budget ;)

thank you so much!

1 Answer Aug 20, 2008 at 2:15 PM
    • Bend to Eugene

by MichaelHitchings Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 1:34 PM

We are visiting relatives in Bend, OR., and while we are here would like to travel from Eugene, OR., to San Francisco by Amtrak. Have sorted this, but want to know can we get from Bend to Eugene by bus or train?? Have looked into this but cannot find a way to do it!!

Our home is in Somerset, England. We came over last year and really loved Oregon, that's why we're returning and would love to travel down the West coast to San Francisco. So if there's anybody out there who can help us we'd be very grateful

6 Answers Jan 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    • lower willamette trail 'opening up'?

by bbrubaker Online Now Oct 21, 2006 at 12:48 PM

I was in Eugene a few months ago and got to explore the river trails only a bit. Does the Springfeild side of the trails just keep on going? I mean, do these trails connect Eugene/Springfeild with other (southern) cities?

• sublimesong82's Profile Photo

Advice on moving to Eugene..... Good places to rent from.

by sublimesong82 Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 6:37 PM

I will be moving to Eugene in August and was wanting to know if any of you could give me some good advice on good places to rent from. My boyfriend use to live there and now he wants to move back and I'm ready to go. I have lived in Illinois my whole life and it's just not the place for me. Eugene seems like a place I would love to live. Any advice on moving there would be much appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 18, 2006 at 7:30 PM
    • It's me again...

by Katha81 Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 6:04 PM

It is Tuesday now and I need to get a job this week because of the visa. Is there any possibility?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2005 at 2:17 AM
    • Job needed

by Katha81 Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 6:02 PM

I'm a German visitor in Eugene looking for a summerjob. Any ideas? Where? It is very urgent!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2005 at 2:16 AM
    • going to check it out

by halfpast909 Online Now Feb 1, 2004 at 5:47 PM

I have never been to Eugene but want to go there and find a job and set up for a few months. Is it difficult to find a job in a bar of restaurant? How about a decent place to live?

1 Answer Jan 27, 2005 at 9:40 PM
    • Hiking

by KLS Online Now Apr 2, 2003 at 2:21 PM

How's the hiking in Eugene? Are there nearby mountains with trails? Are there lakes? Is it all like the Sierras?

5 Answers Apr 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM
    • Weather

by KLS Online Now Apr 2, 2003 at 2:18 PM

I notice that Eugene gets much more rain than Sacramento. Do you get much fog? Is the rain stormy rain, or is it usually overcast and steady rain? Thank you!

5 Answers Jan 27, 2005 at 10:04 PM