Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• to stay in Arba Minch

Arba Minch' Oct 2, 2016 at 2:34 AM

hi. i m a Doctor. how is arba minch place to stay for a long term.. what are the some important point to take care to stay there.. how is the connectivity and the mobile network and internet over there.. and are there any good houses where we can stay for one year or two.. any contact can anyone provide ..

• to stay in Arba Minch

Arba Minch' Oct 2, 2016 at 2:34 AM

hi. i m a Doctor. how is arba minch place to stay for a long term.. what are the some important point to take care to stay there.. how is the connectivity and the mobile network and internet over there.. and are there any good houses where we can stay for one year or two.. any contact can anyone provide ..

1 Answer Oct 2, 2016 at 10:01 AM
    • Ethiopia Welo Opal

Addis Ababa Sep 17, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Going to Addis Ababa for the first time, but are there any shops I can buy Ethiopian Welo Opal jewelry?

Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Sep 21, 2016 at 8:22 PM
    • EkaterinaT1's Profile Photo

Safety in Ethiopia

Ethiopia Aug 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM

Hi guys! I wonder about current safety situation in Ethiopia with current riots and military activity. A friend or friend working in Addis begs us to cancel the trip, I want to know more opinions from locals and tourists who are there right now to make a decision.

4 Answers Sep 26, 2016 at 3:55 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Experiences with Eyayaw Tours?

Addis Ababa Jul 8, 2016 at 4:41 AM

Does anybody have personal experience with I'd be curious about some references before booking with him (and transferring him money in advance)...

1 Answer Jul 9, 2016 at 6:10 PM
    • USA mom shopping online for daughter who lives in Addis

Addis Ababa May 8, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Went to mail my daughter a birthday gift that weighs less than 3 pounds. Postal cost a little more than $50. Yikes. Is there a good source in Addis where I can shop online for gifts and other items and have it delivered locally for much less? She loves yoga and exercise paraphernalia.

1 Answer May 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Overnight airport layover

Addis Ababa May 2, 2016 at 7:30 AM

We're traveling from the US to Nairobi, and in order to avoid a 2:30 am arrival in Nairobi, I'm considering a 15-hour layover in Addis Ababa, hoping to get a fairly normal night's sleep, which would begin about 7 pm. Is it worth the hassle? Do I have to get a visa for that short stay? Is there a hotel within the international transit area so we can avoid immigration and visas?

4 Answers May 2, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Local tour operators

Addis Ababa Mar 6, 2016 at 4:10 AM

Due to lack of time I want to visit Omo valley and its tribes with a local tour operator. Because of an internet research and LP-listings I got dozens of addresses, but most of them ignore requests via e-mail.

Do you think, booking in advance is necessary? Or will I get tour packages right after arriving in Addis Abeba? Is it even cheaper to book on-site? How flexible are they? Do they need preparatory time?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 8:38 AM

Car rental with driver from Bahir Dar to Gonder

Bahir Dar Feb 28, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Because I want to make some excursions along the route between Bahir Dar and Gonder I want to hire a car with driver instead of taking the usual shuttle van. Is this possible (especially because of the one-way-route)? Are there any recommandable providers in Bahir Dar? How much will it cost?

1 Answer Feb 28, 2016 at 6:05 PM
    • Ethiopian visa for nationals of non-tourist generating countries

Ethiopia Feb 19, 2016 at 1:18 AM

Hi friends,
      I want to visit Ethiopia with my wife later this year, but at this point we are struggling to overcome the visa problem. I am Slovenian and my wife is Bulgarian - both states are NOT on the list of tourist generating countries, which can obtain a visa upon arrival to the Bole airport. There are no Ethiopian embassies in Sofia or Ljubljana, and our email requests for information to embassies in Ankara, Berlin, Budapest, Vienna, Geneva and Rome remained unanswered (we did receive a reply from Budapest that they issue visas only to Hungarians, and from Berlin that only Germans, Poles, Czechs and Slovaks can apply there). Can anyone help with an advice? If you are also from a "non-tourist generating country" which does not have an Ethiopian embassy, how did you obtain a visa?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • Tobacoo in Ethiopia where are the shops?

Addis Ababa Jan 26, 2016 at 10:03 AM

where to buy cigarettes in Addis?

2 Answers Mar 5, 2016 at 1:26 PM
    • fergie27Solo's Profile Photo

A few Questions

Ethiopia Jan 26, 2016 at 7:53 AM

Hey Guys.So Illl be arriving in Addis Ababa on the 6th of April.Just a couple of questions so far.
      1.Other than a taxi can you get to the city by a Minibus or bus service.I will arrive very early in the morning.

2.I Am wondering what currency to bring I live in Ireland but I could get USD If it is widely used.Could I exchange Euros/Dollars At the Airport or in Banks In addis?

3.Im thinking of staying In Mike leyland st As it has some cheap accomadation is this safer than the Piazza Merkato areas?

4.Lastly I am Hoping to go To The danikil depression .Is this a good or bad tme to visit?I wont be flying but going by bus Im not sure what the best way for this is any adivce would be great.Is there anywhere I could see on my way there or some good sights I could see aswell as the Danikil depression.?

Thank you very much guys. :) I have 16 night in ethiopia And no Idea what to do besides go and see the Danikil depression.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2016 at 1:55 PM

2 week Itinerary Late March or April?

Ethiopia Jan 7, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hey Guys sorry for another post here.I have not booked my flights yet.I am thinking of going south to the omo Valley (It Looks Amazing)how would I get there is the bus service good in Ethiopia?I won't be driving myself and would probably not have the budget to get a driver.

Is it Okay to get around by bus and is it safe?.I was thinking of a route over my 2-3weeks Going south from Addis Ababa
      Addis Ababa
      Arab Minch National Park
      lower Omo Valley
      El Sod
      Bale Mountains (Is there Trekking)
      Addis Ababa
      I would like to See the Waterfall In Bahar dar But I dont know If I would have time.I relly would appreciate anyones advice on my itinerary I am A bit nervous Going on my own.Thank you very Much.

7 Answers Jan 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM

April Weather

Ethiopia Jan 5, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hello All
      I am thinking of going in April for about three weeks is the rainy season in full swing at this time.In 3 weeks is that a decent amount of time to see some of the main sights.It looks Amazing :) I dont know where to start.

6 Answers Jan 9, 2016 at 8:27 AM
    • Dorze and Konso

Ethiopia Nov 16, 2015 at 8:18 PM

We would like to get a feel for the area south of Addis Ababa, but unfortunately we do not have time enough in our itinerary to fully explore the Omo Valley. It looks as though flying into Arba Minch and spending a couple days to see Dorze and Konso might be a satisfying substitute-- providing a chance to plug into some of the regional tribes and a chance to see the terrain in that part of the country. Does anyone have a reaction to this idea? Is it a worthwhile excursion? Is it reasonable to spend a day each striking out to Dorze and Konso respectively by bus?

4 Answers Jan 9, 2016 at 6:02 AM
    • GrannyRosie's Profile Photo

Tipping in Southern Ethiopia.

Ethiopia Oct 29, 2015 at 6:40 AM

I'm travelling with my husband on a pre-booked tour of the tribal south next week. It will just be the 2 of us. We will have a driver and guides at the various places that we stop at. Hotels have all been booked. We are using an Ethiopian travel company. My question is...roughly how much should we tip the driver, he'll be with us for 2 weeks, I think, and how much for guides? We can't seem to get a sensible answer from anywhere!! Being told a driver's tip should be between $50 and $200 is not much use!!! Can someone advise me please? We need to be able to budget...

6 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 11:06 AM
    • Health & Fitness

Ethiopia Oct 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I will be travelling to Addis from Oct 15 for about a month, on a business trip, hence will mostly be working in an office (and not a tourist) , walk to the hotel and probably spending some nights out for dinner and the like. Could you kindly share with the level of security, safety from both people or health-related issues please.

1 Answer Oct 12, 2015 at 7:40 AM
    • Tour to ethiopia

Ethiopia Aug 11, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Im thinking to travel next week to ethiopia from sain ,can any one help me to manange my tour or any suggestiion you can give me.

2 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 3:51 AM
    • Safe to travel?

Ethiopia Jul 12, 2015 at 10:39 AM

I'd just like to hear from any solo travellers experiences in Ethiopia recently. I'm about to book a flight for 3 weeks over Christmas but see the foreign office has increased terror threat to high. Is this the actual case on the ground?

many thanks

D :)

7 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 4:06 AM
    • deniferris's Profile Photo

Omo Valley small tours

Ethiopia Jun 30, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Leaving out of Addis. 8 or 10 day tours?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2015 at 10:03 AM
    • visa suporte

Ethiopia Jun 8, 2015 at 4:52 AM

thank u but the embassy they said me contact one of the ture and travel ajente in belarous then we dont know any ajenet ture and travel address in belaruse then can u send to me he address the one of ajente on belarous?please

1 Answer Aug 11, 2015 at 3:18 AM
    • visa supporte

Ethiopia Jun 8, 2015 at 12:24 AM

i have ethiopian passporte

3 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • visa supporte

Ethiopia Jun 6, 2015 at 3:36 AM

dear i need to visit and travel minsk and other city and then how can i get supported visa document?thank u

1 Answer Jun 6, 2015 at 4:00 AM
    • botharj's Profile Photo

Leather shop with name `Great Leather' at stadium

Addis Ababa May 24, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Good day, I a urgently looking for the contact details of this leather shop at Addis stadium, if you walk clockwise from the parking lot around the stadium, it is the last leather shop that you get, shop # 416. On the jacket bought there, it indicates the name as GREAT leather. Please help, Nico.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM
    • d_taddei2's Profile Photo

what plug type

Ethiopia Apr 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM

hi can anyone tell me which plug type is used in ethiopia? i keep getting mixed results on the net

17 Answers May 1, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    • d_taddei2's Profile Photo

best sights to see???

Ethiopia Apr 6, 2015 at 6:26 AM

hi i will be in Ethiopia in May for 7 days and was wanting to which sights/things to do people think i should see/do???? after the 7 days i will be heading into Somaliland so ideally want to end up in Addis ababa to get a flight into Somaliland unless i end up at the border.

27 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM
    • sharatkum's Profile Photo

Photography in Addis

Addis Ababa Mar 6, 2015 at 5:52 PM

I would like to connect with local photographers in Addis or somebody who can guide me for three days in April. Will appreciate some leads

• Five hour stop over in Addis Abeba

Addis Ababa Feb 23, 2015 at 10:07 AM

On our way home from the Seychelles to Sweden we are having a 5 hours transit Monday 2/3 from 7.40 p.m. to 00.40 a.m. in Addis Abeba. Is it even worth considering leaving the airport and take a taxi to town? For seeing a sight or two at night and a stroll in the city, maybe a quick meal. If yes; where should we go? We like architecture, and would like to feel the city's pulse. Strolling around outside with our cameras is prefered.

We are both females and one is holding a Norwegian passport, the other one a Swedish passport, so we can get visas on arrival at the airport. Is the visa on arrival service slow?

Please notice the question regards the evening/night, so going to the nation museum etc is not an option.

2 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    • Camping in Bahir Dar, Hawasa, Yabello

Ethiopia Dec 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM

We will be driving through Ethiopia in Feb 2015, along our route there are stops in Bahir Dar, Hawasa and Yabelloa for camping. Anybody know of any good camping places around there ? Any precautions I need to take care of ?

3 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    • Ethiopian Visa

Ethiopia Nov 23, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I arrived to Ethiopia earilier this year on 1 month tourist visa, then i extended it for another 3 months. Now I m back in my country (Croatia) and planning to get back there in December...

Should I expect any problem in embassy with getting new 3 month tourist visa considerning that I already have 2 ethiopian visas (1 month and 3 month extension) in my passport :)

Thank you

2 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • Arba Minch - Festival of Music and Dance (Festival of Thousand Stars)

Ethiopia Nov 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Dear Fellow travellers,
      I am trying to find out information and dates for this year's (2014) Arba MInch Festival of Music and Dance (The Festival of Thousand Stars), but I have no luck finding about this years information. Does anyone know when this will take place next month?
      Thank you very much.

2 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 4:00 AM