Estado do Rio de Janeiro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Art from "Patricia Mena?"

Parati Aug 8, 2016 at 3:33 PM

In 2000 my family and me travelled from North- to South America in a mobile home for 25 months. On our way we passed Parati and bought some wonderful abstract collages from a female artist whose name was something like "Patricia Mena?" At that time she ran her own gallery, but unfortunately I can`t exactly read her name from the signature and can`t find her name anywhere in the internet. Does anybody know this gallery or name of the artist? I`d really like to contact her and want to know what she`s doing right now.
      Best regards from Germany, Bettina

more
    • Art from "Patricia Mena?"

Parati Aug 8, 2016 at 3:33 PM

In 2000 my family and me travelled from North- to South America in a mobile home for 25 months. On our way we passed Parati and bought some wonderful abstract collages from a female artist whose name was something like "Patricia Mena?" At that time she ran her own gallery, but unfortunately I can`t exactly read her name from the signature and can`t find her name anywhere in the internet. Does anybody know this gallery or name of the artist? I`d really like to contact her and want to know what she`s doing right now.
      Best regards from Germany, Bettina

3 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 2:07 AM
    • Weather and danger ?

Rio de Janeiro Jul 4, 2016 at 7:36 AM

I ll be there between the 12th and the 23 th of july , so how is the weather like ? Can we swim ? What clothes to bring ?

5 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 3:07 AM
    • packing for end of June

Rio de Janeiro Jun 3, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Is it warm enough for a bathing suit? Are Jeans okay? Do I need a raincoat?

6 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM
    • Colombo to Rio

Rio de Janeiro May 18, 2016 at 5:22 AM

How can I get there with one change?!!

2 Answers May 18, 2016 at 6:11 AM
    • Planning a trip for couples in February 2017

Rio de Janeiro Apr 18, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Hello lovely people,

I'm planning a trip to rio with10 couples in February next year. We are looking to spend time in rio for Valentine's Day (February 14th) and carnival. We also want to see attractions like: Christ the Redeemer, Copacabana, Ipanema, Sugarloaf Mountain, Jardim Botanico, Santa Teresa Neighborhood, Lapa Neighborhood, Tijuca National Park, Lagoa Neighborhood and downtown. I have four questions:
      1. Is there a central location where we can stay and get to all these places within a 2 hour bus ride?
      2. If so, what hotels do you suggest.
      3. If not, what two hotels should I be looking at?
      4. Lastly, is there any other sites that I'm missing that will help us learn about rio's culture and any romantic places I should know about?

Thank you all for your help!!!!!

7 Answers May 16, 2016 at 7:12 PM
    • CULTURAL EVENTS

Rio de Janeiro Mar 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Hello, I.m going to Rio from the 21st to the 27th of April and Im interested in seeing perhaps some shows, plays, ballet, dance there., art exhibits
      Do you know of a website where I could find all the cultural agenda?

Thanks a million!

1 Answer Mar 14, 2016 at 4:57 AM
    • whodunit's Profile Photo

Another where to stay- this one for k-1 medical and interview

Rio de Janeiro Feb 23, 2016 at 11:56 PM

I have been to Brazil many times including Rio de Janeiro. However, this trip is a little different for me. My Brazilian fiancé is flying in from the north east of Brazil for her medical exam for the K-1. I will be landing in Rio de Janeiro a couple of days later as I am meeting her so we can go to the consulate together for the interview. I am looking for hotels/pousadas in the two locations that are as inexpensive as possible while remaining clean and safe. I realize "safe" is a subjective term and in more dangerous cities, can be relative at best. I have been to Rio many times but all but one time were on business and stayed in Copacabana or Ipanema. I have been to many neighborhoods but never gave a good look at places to stay. I have some friends there who are full with babies or travel who are full with such things in life that make it difficult for us to stay near them. One recommended Barra da Tijuca while another said that it is simply too far. My fiancé of course speaks Portuguese (as do I) but is not a seasoned traveler and is nervous about the safety in Rio, especially while she is alone.

Someone has recommended to me Botafogo/Humaitá for a balance of access to these locations/transportation, safety, and price. The interview is at Av. Presidente Wilson, 147 - Castelo 20030-020. I can't find the address for the medical but one of the doctors recommended this place saying it's fairly close and reasonably inexpensive and safe: HOSTEL LEBLON ALL SUITES, Rua Joao Lira 149 CEP 22430-210 Leblon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

6 Answers Feb 24, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    • Weather at the end of March?

Rio de Janeiro Feb 2, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Hi, I am going to Rio end of March (20th) and was wondering what weather to expect? I have seen mixed posts about this but would like to know/hoping I am going to see more sun than rain and that it will be hot? As I will be doing a few tours and to come back with a good tan!

3 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 8:02 AM
    • maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Private Guide

Rio de Janeiro Jan 19, 2016 at 5:47 AM

Hello everyone. I will be in Rio for only two days at the end of May. Because my time is limited I think it's best to go with a guide. There are several forums/websites with recommendations but I'd like to see what everyone here has to say. Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    • Carnival 2016 Itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Jan 5, 2016 at 12:06 AM

There are 2 couples attending Carnival 2016 staying at the Novotel Santos dumont hotel Feb 5 - Feb 10 and need carnival activities, parade tickets, parties and tour suggestions. We also need transportation from GIG airport to hotel and transportation during our stay. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 12, 2016 at 1:57 PM
    • Itinerary Help

Rio de Janeiro Dec 28, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Hello I will be in Rio de Janeiro Jan 14 - 19, Ilha Grande from 19 - 22 and then another night in Rio before leaving back to Chicago in the evening on the 23rd. I was looking for some help with information while in Rio de Janeiro. I will be staying in Leme from the 14-19. We get in around 3pm on the 14th so figure that evening we will get settled in and maybe explore the area a bit to get some food and drinks. So we will have full days on the 15, 16, 17, 18. I also figure we will go to some of the beaches but may not spend too much time lounging because we will have time to do that on Ilha Grande.

I figure one day we can spend exploring Centro on a walking tour and sites around there. Another day do some sort of excursion or adventure out of the city for a while. One day exploring parts outside of Centro so going to Copacobana, Ipanema and Leblon. Finally, a day we would like to take a trip to Petropolis.

Can we get Centro, Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain in all in 1 day? If so, I figure do Christ the Redeemer first thing in the morning, explore centro and then do sugarloaf at sunset (read that is best time to go). Would all of that work? We would look into a free walking tour most likely as well for the day.

Does anyone have any good recommendations? I was thinking about a trip to the Botanical Gardens/Tijuca Rainforest, some sort of hike to see waterfalls. Are the botanical gardens/rainforest easy to do on your own or would you recommend a guide? Will we see waterfalls and do any hiking visiting these? Are the any types of activities you would suggest while in Rio that are in the close vicinity? Any jungle tours?

- Is Niteroi worth visiting?

What are must sees in Copacobana, Leblon and Ipanema? We were thinking of doing walk tours in these areas as well.

Concerning Petropolis, bus is the only option correct? Any recommendations of must visits while there?

If you feel like I missing anything please let me know. Keep in mind we plan to do water activities on Ilha Grande after hearing how poor the water quality was around Rio. We also will have a day and a half at the end of the trip to explore more areas of Rio, just not technically full days since we return from Ihla Grande so will probably get back to Rio around 1pm or so on the 22nd and then we fly out at 7pm on the 23rd.

12 Answers Jun 9, 2016 at 4:08 AM
    • arrival on New Years eve at Copacabana

Rio de Janeiro Nov 30, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Hi we are arriving on December 31 at 10 at night and are concerned that its going to be difficult to get a taxi from the airport to the center of Copacabana, how easy is it to get a taxi on New Year or maybe there are some better options for transport?thank you

7 Answers Dec 2, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    • Ilha grande during carnival

Ilha Grande Oct 19, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hi, I'll be visiting Brazil for carnival in feb 2016. Is it best to go ilha grande a few days before carnival or after?

I was thinking either 2nd-5th or 8-13th feb.

Want to avoid the crowds. Do most people/tourist head there after carnival?

Thanks

3 Answers Oct 27, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    • Christ the Redeemer and rain

Rio de Janeiro Sep 28, 2015 at 8:06 AM

I'm in Rio for 2 more days and haven't been up to see Christ the Redeemer. Forecast is showing rain for the next 3 days. I am wondering if it is possible for me to go up to see Christ the Redeemer close up. Not sure if they close the entrance when it rains.

4 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 7:37 AM
    • Quiet place near Rio

Rio de Janeiro Jul 19, 2015 at 2:43 AM

I am looking for a place to stay not to far from Rio. It should be tranquil and relaxing. Would like to lay in a hammock and look at the monkeys... Does anyone know a place like this? Can be a nice pousada in a big garden too.
      Have been to Ihla grande so thats out of the question.

7 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    • Tickets at Maracana

Rio de Janeiro Jul 18, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Maybe this is a little specific; but does anyone kmow how to get tickets for the match between Fluminense and Vasco at the Maracana tomorrow?

Is it better to take a guided tour, any cheap and good? Going with children so want to be safe

1 Answer Jul 19, 2015 at 3:18 AM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Best Months for Travel In South America re Weather

Rio de Janeiro Jul 15, 2015 at 3:24 AM

Hi

I put this question on the south America Forum but received no answers. Hopefully greater response via this forum.

Looking at taking a 18 day South America tour during 2016. Destinations included:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 5 or 6 nights ( includes 2 days pre tour)
      Iguazu Falls, Argentina 2 nights (arrive by air)
      Buenos Aires 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Lima, Peru 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Cuzco 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Puno 2 nights

June or July or early August would suit us best, however we can travel any month either side. Will have a round the world ticket (from Perth Australia) and intend to also visit Europe & UK which we have visited many times. The important thing is to visit South America during the better weather.

Appreciate all answers.
      Mike

14 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    • Staying in Buzios

Bùzios Jun 28, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Could you recommend a boutique hotel by the water preferably? Thank you

1 Answer Jun 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • Plug adaptors

Rio de Janeiro Jun 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Hello,

Going to Rio De Janeiro and was a little confused as to which plug adaptors we need to take. Some websites are giving us different information.

If you could advise us which plug adaptors to purchase (and possibly link me to a photo of the plug socket types in Rio) that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

3 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    • 3 couples in Rio de Janeiro in early August

Rio de Janeiro Jun 5, 2015 at 9:56 AM

6 people (3 couples) traveling together to Rio. Only one of the six travelers speaks Portuguese. Your recommendations for transport from GIG to Copacabana? Your recommendations for travel to the main sights in Rio from Copacabana? Thanks!

Randy

4 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 2:19 AM
    • p.k.prasad's Profile Photo

how many days to see brazil

Rio de Janeiro May 21, 2015 at 11:55 AM

how many days to see brazil

5 Answers May 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM
    • p.k.prasad's Profile Photo

any indians at rio de janeiro

Rio de Janeiro May 21, 2015 at 11:54 AM

any indians who can guide me at rio de janeiro

1 Answer May 21, 2015 at 6:38 PM
    • Snorkelling in Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande May 13, 2015 at 4:16 AM

Which side of Ihla Grande, Brazil is the best to visit for snorkelling enthusiasts? Is this island worth visiting for snorkelling? Any advice or suggestions appreciated!

3 Answers May 13, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • Safety in Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Mar 12, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Is Rio de Janeiro safe for 2 girls traveling by themselves, without agency?

6 Answers May 6, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    • "What is Rio de Janeiro's best Brazilian dance show?"

Rio de Janeiro Feb 16, 2015 at 1:00 AM

"What is Rio de Janeiro's best Brazilian dance show?"

1 Answer May 6, 2015 at 12:42 PM
    • jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Shipping Household Goods from Rioto the United States

Rio de Janeiro Oct 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Boa noite fellow travelers,

Next week, I will be moving back to the USA. Can anyone recommend a shipping company. I called American Airlines Air Cargo, and they told me that I needed to be a company or an agent in order to fly my household goods to the states. I have ten boxes which includes my bicycle and artwork. So, my next recourse is to have my cargo shipped. I appreciate any help or assistance.

Obrigado,

James

3 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Where to love?

Rio de Janeiro Oct 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hi
      I will be moving to rio next year to live for a year..I would really appreciate any advice on the 'safest' places to look at for renting an apartment???
      I have been told copacabana is very expensive and not the safest. What about ipanema?
      I have read the many warnings about living in rio and watching out for your safety..hopefully it has got better in recent times!
      Thanks

4 Answers Feb 5, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    • CorkyUK's Profile Photo

Rio Carnival accommodation

Rio de Janeiro Sep 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM

We are flying into Rio on Sat 14th Feb for a week. (We actually booked the trip from UK after finding a bargain flight and did not realise it was Carnival week!). However after initially being excited the cost of accommodation seems to be through the roof, some hostels are charginh £50 a night for a dorm bed and insisting you stay at least 6 nights. Can anyone recommend somewhere that is reasonably good value? Is it worth taking a chance and booking late? Maybe we should get out of Rio altogether alough our flight does arrive quite late? Any suggestions or ideas really appreciated

4 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • Catamaran cruise around Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande Aug 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Does anybody know of 2-3 day catamaran cruises around the Island Ilja Grande? Any advice or contacts appreciated. Also an idea would be to go form Rio to Ilja Grande or back on a catamaran. Christian

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Sunday buses

Parati Aug 3, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Hi,

Do local buses and minivan services (such as the ones to the waterfalls) run on a Sunday in Parati?

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM