Estado de Chiapas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 1 day in Guadalajara - Itinerary

Guadalajara Dec 3, 2016 at 5:14 AM

I know it's ridiculous, but I have one whole day to spend here.
      Any recommendations with hopping route from centro to centro?
      I am only a sightseeing tourist. Thanks

more
    • Place to stay in Central Guadalajara

Guadalajara Nov 27, 2016 at 5:21 AM

Is Calle Gigantes 287, San Juan de Dios a convenient place to stay and see the city's attractions?
      Can you recommend others please?

more
    • Immigration office

Algodones Nov 17, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Is there a Mx Immigration Office and Bank to obtain a FMM ( tourist card) in Algodones? Where is it located. If none there, where is the closest town to obtain one?

more
    • All Inclusive Hotel in Cancun or Playa

Cancún Nov 19, 2016 at 5:51 PM

I'm traveling to Cancun in early January and staying the first few days at an studio I rented out on AirBnb. I plan to book a all-inclusive hotel at some point during my trip for about 3 day stay. Is it possible to book a decent all-inclusive hotel on the spot? If so, any recommendation on a hotel for a single male in his 20's?

more
    • Anyone else traveling Dec 13 - 20?

Cabo San Lucas Nov 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM

I am a single female 36 years old with no children and my bday just happens to fall a week before Christmas. I'm used to my friends and fam not able to travel right before or after Christmas so I end up traveling alone at this time of year.

I'll be in Cabo at the Pueblo Bonito resort all week 12/13 - 12/20 and would love to know that I can meet someone (preferably another female or group) for some meals and activities.

more
    • TraficTours

Cancún Dec 2, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Has anyone had any experience using TraficTours for airport transportation in Cancun? They are included in my Delta Vacations package and I can't seem to find any information on them.

more
    • Culture/food/beach

Mexico Nov 6, 2016 at 4:36 AM

We are two Brits in our late 50s(boy and girl) looking to spend a week next September somewhere in Mexico conducive to a great blend of beach, town, food and heritage - so not fussy at all. We will have a car.
      All suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated!
      Jim

more
    • daytrip tours

Mexico City Dec 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM

I am looking for day tours from mexico city to cities like Taxco Pueblo cuernavaca
      any recommendations? I usually use Viatours in my other trips to Europe.

more
    • Hotels and Area

Puerto Vallarta Nov 23, 2016 at 3:08 PM

What is the best area for an active, 50-year old hetero couple to stay in for our first trip to PV? We want something ON the beach preferably. Someplace nice, but not more than $200/night. Going in early May. We like to party, relax, swim, adventure, people watch, eat good food, and walk to destinations wherever possible. Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Weekend Getaway in PV

Puerto Vallarta Nov 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hi VTers! My husband and I are going on a quick weekend trip to PV this weekend. I'm usually so ahead in my planning, but haven't had time to do a single thing yet. I had a few questions I was hoping you might be able to help with.

1. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? I have contacted the hotel to see if they can arrange transportation and am waiting to hear back from them. Is taking a taxi safe? I saw this tip from 2012 and was wondering if it was still valid. Taxi FROM the Airport: Taxis Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Tip - VirtualTourist Was also wondering if we should just go ahead and hire our own car.

2. Is there a good place to exchange money? Or should we do it in the states before we leave?

3. If there was 1 activity you could recommend we don't miss, what would it be?

4. If there was 1 restaurant you recommend we don's miss, what would it be?

Again, our trip is short, we arrive on Friday afternoon and leave Monday afternoon so we will probably just be relaxing most of the time. We haven't had a real vacation without our child in 5 years!

We like the beach, we like to snorkel, we like to learn about the local culture, listen to live music, and love to eat Mexican food! Thank you for any suggestions!

more
    • taxis in mexico city

Mexico City Nov 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM

does Uber work in mexico city?

also, is there a map of all the sito taxi stands? I don't speak spanish so would have a hard time calling for a taxi.

more
    • tracysimba's Profile Photo

Cancun airport departure tax

Mexico Nov 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Hi, we are travelling to Mexico on 10Dec2016 with British Airways and have read conflicting reviews on whether or not we will need to pay a local departure tax of around 900 pesos. Some reviews have said it will be included on our ticket whereas others have said we have to pay it when leaving Mexico. Does anyone know the truth about this? Even the official Cancun website doesn't mention it! If we do have to pay it locally do they definitely accept sterling?

more
    • DRIVING SAFETY

Nuevo Laredo Nov 14, 2016 at 7:44 AM

We are Americans thinking of driving to San Miguel de Allende entering through Reynosa or Laredo.
      My reading of travelers warnings has me TERRIFIED. Are we insane to attempt doing this right now?
      We would be sticking to major highways & have been told to only drive in the day light but we do not currently speak fluent Spanish. ADVICE PLEASE!!!

more
    • Apartment in Palenque

Palenque Apr 4, 2016 at 6:43 AM

I am moving to Palenque for three months later this year. How do I go about finding a furnished place to stay?

1 Answer Apr 4, 2016 at 7:06 AM
    • KudraMariposa's Profile Photo

Lagos Mirabella

Comitán de Domínguez Feb 16, 2016 at 10:17 AM

I recently heard that the lakes are no longer part of Mexico's National Parks, is this true?
      Also am curious how steady the wifi signal is.
      Am considering re-locating there for a few months, but need to be sure my dog has a place to swim and I can still do my editing work online...

• San Cristobal de Las Casas to Xkalak ?

Yucatán Feb 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM

I'm in SC de Las Casas and would really like to spend some time in Xkalak and from there work my way up to Cancun. What is the best way to get from SC to Xcalak? Please....

2 Answers Feb 3, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    • Late day transpo Frontera Corozal to Bonampak and return

Ruinas de Yaxchilan Jan 2, 2016 at 8:36 AM

Hi --

I arrive late to Frontera Corozal, possibly 4 p.m. How long does it take to get to the ruins entrance by combi, taxi at the crucero San Javier then the Lacandon taxi for the final 5 minutes? Are there taxis in FC so I can go straight to Bonampak without connection at the crucero? Thanks. -- greg

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Palenque to Campeche

Palenque Aug 3, 2015 at 6:27 AM

How to get from Palenque to Campeche? Is there really no opportunity to rent a car in Palenque? Rates for individual shuttles are incredible expensive (fi www.wayak.com offers a car drive for USD 500,00).

Are there any other (cheaper) options for individual shuttles?

3 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Tours to Guatemala

Palenque Jul 6, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Can you recommend tours of several days' duration from Palenque (or even San Cristobal de las Casas) to Guatemala? Do you know reliable tour operators?

• Safety in SCLC

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Hi there, traveling to SCLC in next month, we have seen in the news that demonstrators have blocked roads and taken over government buildings. Is it safe to travel there now,

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions.

2 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • YevgenB's Profile Photo

Driving from Phoenix to Cabo San Lucas: safe or not?

Baja May 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Planning to spend 2 weeks in Baja next summer, do some diving there, and considering whether it's safe or not to drive by car from Phoenix to Cabo San Lucas? And is it worth driving 1,3K miles or better to take a flight?

3 Answers May 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • 2015 Dates for Senor de Esquipulas in Tenejapa?

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Does anyone know the dates for the celebration in Tenejapa this year? As it is usually several days, is one day better than another for an outside observer? Also, there is supposed to be a small hotel/hostel in town but I cannot find contact information. Thanks for any help!

• Dates 2015 for Senor de Esquipulas in Tenejapa Chiapas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Does anyone know when Senor de Esquipulas will be observed in Tenejapa this year. I know it will be celebrated over several days: is one day better than another for an outsider to attend? Also there is reputed to be a small hotel or hostal in the town but I cannot find contact information. Thanks to anyone who can provide information!

• Transportation in El Pescadero and Todos Santos

Baja Oct 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Is there taxi and or bus service, in El Pescadero and Todos Santos?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

2014 Hurricane Odile Update

Baja Sep 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM

For anyone thinking of going to the Baja (La Paz, Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo or Todos Santos) especially the cities mentioned, in the upcoming month, consider changing your plans. The airports from Loreto south are closed to civilian traffic and only airlift and rescue flights are authorized in the wake of Hurricane Odile.

Loreto (LTO) is expected to open by 09/19 as they did not sustain as much damage as the southern cities. The "Cabo" airport near San Jose del Cabo is not expected to reopen for a month. The Cabo control tower has been said to be non operational.

Tropical storm Polo is heading north at this time but is beginning to turn west so hopefully Cabo will be spared additional rain and wind.

We have at least one active VT member in the middle of the heavily impacted area. Hopefully all is well as most of the area has no power or means of communication as cell, landline and internet service is out.

13 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • deniferris's Profile Photo

Arriving at 7pm

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jul 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM

How does one get to San Cristobal from Tuxtla Gutierres airport?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • Maya tour plan question

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hi there, could you do me a favor? I plan to spend around 4 days around San Cristóbal de Las Casas for Maya ruins, I already book round flight between mexico city and Tuxtla Gutierrez. Palenque, Yaxchilan, Bonampak, Tikal are my real destination.

Now I'm very comfused which city is the best choose to book hotel? as I will back to Mexico city from Tuxtla Gutierrez. And whether someone can recommend tour agent to book tour plan?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • travel from Cancun to San Cristobal de las Casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Mar 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM

We are flying to Cancun and would like to find an economical way to get to San Cristobal de las Casas in May. There are 3 of us and checking the air fares, they seem high. Would it make sense to drive? I understand it's about a twelve hour trip. Are there any interesting places to stop for the night?

5 Answers May 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • How to get from San Cristobal Chiapas early in the morning

Chiapas Mar 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM

We are having a hard time finding transportation very early in the morning from San Cristobal to the Tuxtla airport. The same thing late in the evening getting to San Cristobal. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like everything shuts down early and late. I have heard there are cabs, but how expensive would an hour ride and how dangerous in the wee hours?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • what is the best, most centrally located hotel in san cristobal de las cases?

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Sep 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Who can recommend the best most centrally located hotel in San Cristobal de las cases?
      I'm bringing a small group in Feb. for an art and cutlural tour. 14 people.

• getting from las cristobal to cancun via guatemala

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Aug 24, 2013 at 2:44 AM

What is the Best road to travel on between las cristobal to cancun via guatemala?

thank you

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Tour guides for touring areas surrounding san cristobal

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Aug 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I will be visiting san cristobal and would like to do ecoutourism trips in surrounding areas such as Las Nuebes.
      I am looking for a guide that knows the are.
      Thank You

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • sujane80's Profile Photo

Local tour companies

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am planning a trip to SC in July by myself and want to take a couple of guided tours of things like the waterfalls and the Mayan ruins - are there local tour companies there who run these all year round?

• Travel from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas May 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

What bus should I take from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas? What are the times it usually runs? Is it a safe option or should I take a plane instead? Any advice welcome! :]

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • Izapa Ruins and Tapachula

Tapachula Mar 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM

We will be visiting Puerto Chiapas in April on a cruise ship and are interested in a guide/tour from the ship to Izapa and then Tapachula.
      any ideas anyone

1 Answer Apr 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    • Tour Guide

Palenque Dec 5, 2011 at 7:42 PM

A small group (6)of us will be visiting Palenque in April 2012 and would like to arrange for a tour guide prior to our arrival. I have searched a number of webpages for names of personal guides, but have learned only that we can wait and get an official guide when we enter the ruins.
      Any help in finding a tour guide for one day will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Arch

4 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    • El Panchan

Palenque Aug 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Hello!!!

My friend and i traveling in Mexico (backpackers).
      I'm going to be in Palenque in two weeks, and i have heard about El Panchan.
      1)Is this a good place to spend there 2 days, or something like that?
      we like live shows, nature, meet people all over.

2)Someone know maybe the price range there? we are staying in hostels most of the time with paying10usd per night so can i find something like that there?

Thank you all!

• colectivo from palenque to tikal

Palenque Mar 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM

whats is the best to get to tikal from palenque? In palenque where can i find the information? Im planning a trip with friends to visit mayas ruins but my spanish isnt so good, so i dont want to get there and be stuck in palenque because i dont find the appropriate information.
      So, what is the easiest way to get to tikal, guatemala from palenque, chiapas?
      Thanks a lot
      kimedb

4 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • shortcut from Comitan to Frontera Corosal

Estado de Chiapas Dec 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Is there a back way to get from Comitan to Frontera Corozal without having to take HWY 199 ? It looks like there may be some villages near the border like Monte flor and Flor de Cacao, any recommendations?

• juniorista's Profile Photo

what to do after 1pm?

Palenque Jun 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

i'm taking a 7.15am bus from san cristobal, so i should be getting to palenque by 12.30pm, from what it sounds like here. i figure by the time i get a hotel and everything else taken care of it would be around 1.30pm. what should i do for the rest of the day--besides seeing the ruins? i figure i'll go there early the next morning so that i'm not rushed.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    • GLBT Community in San Cristobal de las Casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 6, 2010 at 5:45 AM

I will be working in San Cristobal for a month this summer and am interested in connecting with the gay, lesbian, bisexual community; I have not been able to find any such information in tour books or on travel websites.

Please note---I am NOT interested in dating or a hook-up. I have spent a significant time in other parts of Mexico and am aware that it is a very conservative country. I want to be respectful of the cultural differences but am also looking to meet similar folks who I may not otherwise have an opportunity to meet and want to understand what their lives are like in Mexico.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM