VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Épernay Travel Answers

change location

Help!! No rental cars for next weekend...

by JenZazie Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 11:29 AM

My friend and I are travelling to Epernay from Paris on Friday June 26th in the morning and have appointments at two wineries (Champagne Jacquesson in Dizy and Champagne Barnaut in Bouzy) at 10:00 and 15:00; we were going to have lunch at Bistro 7 in between and explore a little. However, I can't find a car to rent from the Epernay train station for the day. Does anyone know of a car service that would drive us for the day? Or should we rent a car in Paris and just drive the entire way? I'm nervous about driving in Paris... Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Help!! No rental cars for next weekend...

by puerto_lover Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

If I was considering your journey, I may look to travel by TGV to Reims. The train takes about 45 minutes. Am sure you should find a car at Reims. The drive into Champagne country can be pleasant and about 30 minutes from Reims to your first appointment. not only is the train journey a comfortable experience but there is a lot to see also in Reims if you have some time. The cathedral is a masterpiece:
    http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/601

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines