Ellis Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One hour and a half connection

Newark Nov 14, 2016 at 2:16 PM

I will arrrive newark on terminal c from orlando and i will leave in one hour and a half from terminal b back home to europe. Both operated by united airlines.

Is it enough time? Do i have to pass security again and drop bagage?

Thank you!

more
    • restaurants

by LucilleS5 Online Now Feb 24, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Where can a large group of seniors, some mobility impaired, eat reasonably on Ellis Island, without traveling?

3 Answers Feb 25, 2016 at 6:47 AM
    • Getting to Liberty Island State Park Ferry Terminal from Hilton Airport hotel

by Westcoaster2010 Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

We will be staying at the Hilton Airport hotel without a car and want to take the Ellis/Liberty Island tour out of Liberty Island State Park. Plan on purchasing tickets in advance to save time. It appears that a taxi from the hotel is about the only option available. Is that true? If so how about the return trip? Do taxis hang out around the ferry terminal or will we have to call for one? Also any hints as to how to avoid getting ripped off in the process?

8 Answers Jun 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    • parking @ ellis island

by itchiwa Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 7:26 PM

were planning to visit ellis island,after that we would like to visit new york city,can you lived your car park there,is there subway or train we can take and if we can park there how long can my car park there
      thank you
      helen

2 Answers Apr 19, 2011 at 4:38 AM
    • proposing in ellis island

by silas9 Online Now Dec 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM

im planning on proposing to my girlfriend in ellis island. i've never been there before and would like ideas on where to pop the question and any special romantic tips about the island.

9 Answers Dec 4, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    • Traveling to Manhattan

by clvvpc Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 6:35 AM

We are parking at Liberty Park in NJ to take the Ferry to Statue of Liberty. We then want to go to Manhattan. How do we get from Ellis Island to Manhattan and then how do we get back to Liberty Park that evening late?

1 Answer Jul 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    • kMohamed's Profile Photo

Parking in New york

by kMohamed Online Now May 11, 2005 at 9:03 PM

I am travelling with my family to the east coast (Buffalo,Philadelphia,baltimore,Washington and new york city in june /July. We will be staying in Philadelphia and try to make day trips to New york city /Ellis Island and Washington, I will love to drive to New York city but have heard too many scary stories about driving and parking in the city, can anyone tell me where I can find a parking or is it better to drive to Jersey city in New Jersey and take the ferry, or take the train from Philadelphia to new York city? We are only interested to see the statue of liberty and central park. thank you.

4 Answers May 12, 2005 at 7:55 AM
    • Help me find the art?

by Sondic Online Now Jul 21, 2004 at 9:54 PM

Hi there! I took some snapshots while visiting Ellis Island. One was of a large long mural type picture that had been brought over by immigrants from somewhere like Denmark or Sweden...maybe even Norway. I can't remember. But the picture is of all these children in warm pastel colors playing and picking flowers. It was in sort of an art deco style. The painting may have even been in one of those storagey kind of rooms because I remember that I couldn't get close enough to the glass that the picture was behind to take it properly. The snapshot I have is of it at this weird angle. ANYWAY....my question is.....are there postcards or posters or some sort of rendition of this artwork that I can purchase some where?