VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
El Segundo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Six Nations Rugby

San Francisco Yesterday

Visiting San Antonio first weekend in February but desperate to watch the England v France game on the 4th. Is there anywhere in San Antonio or immediate area that we cold do this? Many thanks

more
    • Specific Location

Los Angeles Jan 6, 2017 at 6:48 AM

Hi. I posted another question about where to stay but am now more specific with areas. We will be going to Universal one day, Warner Brothers tour, doing things near Hollywood Blvd area, and then exploring other tourist things.

Which area/hotel is better...near Universal City (Studio City hotel) or Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood Celebrity hotel), near but off Hollywood Blvd a bit (Days Inn) or Thai Town (Dixie Hotel)? We will have a car but am thinking one of those.
      Have narrowed it down to one of those based on budget and not being too far from Universal and Hollywood Blvd area. We have Hollywood Celebrity booked (but we can cancel).

more
    • Ginastar's Profile Photo

Good hotels near to Alcatraz just a good location ?

San Francisco Dec 31, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Hey guys I'm travelling to San Fran for four days on my own In July
      First time ever so bit nervous but excited
      Have no idea what hotel to stay in that's near to Alcatraz and other areas to see
      I'm 27 from London
      Can any one help !!??? X

more
    • Where to Stay?

Los Angeles Jan 2, 2017 at 5:45 AM

We'll be coming to Los Angeles in the summer with our kids and will have 4 days to do touristy things (Hollywood walk of fame and Hollywood Blvd area, Universal Studios, Warner Brother's Tour, Santa Monica Pier, La Brae Tar Pits, etc).

I'm having trouble deciding on a hotel. We are on a budget since we'll need to keep money for LA plus 4 days at Disney. Anyone stayed at Days Inn near Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Celebrity, Comfort Inn...or hotels in Thai Town such as Dixie Hotel, Hollywood City Inn? We will most likely be renting a car for our LA days.

more
    • Day trip from LA to Joshua Tree?

Los Angeles Jan 4, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Young senior couple staying in Santa Monica with a car for 10 days in late February and thinking of a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park. Is that feasible? And if so, can I add a stop in Palm Springs to the day trip?

Thanks.

more
    • Bus to Manhattan Beach Pier

by barbpladson Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Does bus 109 run from El Segundo to Manhattan Beach Pier? We will be staying at the Hacienda and do not plan to rent a car. Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    • beatchfre's Profile Photo

Questions about El Segundo, Redondo Beach, Marina del Rey, etc.

by beatchfre Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Hi guys,

I'm going to Los Angeles for a week-long course in mid-November and will be staying in El Segundo (where the course is being held). I'd like to make it into downtown LA, Hollywood, Sunset Blvd, etc. on a couple of week nights. Once I sit down and look at sport events, concert schedules then I'll know which ones.

On the evenings/nights where I want to stay close, it looks like I can hit Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Marina del Rey for foods, drinks, entertainment, etc. Can someone give me an idea of what has the most to offer in terms of bars, nightlife? Is there anything else close by to El Segundo that should be on my radar?

Cheers,

Lee

2 Answers Oct 20, 2006 at 1:08 AM
    • question regarding Residence Inn

by waynebeau Online Now Jul 4, 2006 at 12:23 PM

My cousin will be visiting El Segundo in August and is considering
      staying at the Residence Inn in the 2100 block of El Segundo Blvd.
      Has anybody stayed there? opinion of it? is it in a good area? safe?
      clean? How far from downtown El Segundo? restaurants?
      She is middle aged and would possibly be arriving/leaving there late in the evenings on the way to/from a medical facility in the Inglewood area where
      her husband will be having surgery.
      Opuinions, please.
      Thanks.
      Wayne
      waynebeau23@hotmail.com

3 Answers Jul 6, 2006 at 10:39 AM
    • julia687's Profile Photo

area information

by julia687 Online Now Mar 1, 2006 at 12:47 PM

I am staying in El Segundo at the Hacienda for a total of 3 nights in June, I'll be by myself and won't have a car. Am looking for any information you can give me on the local area and public transport. I would like on one day to get in to central LA & do the touristy bits. Also could you give me idea's for the cost of eating & drinking.

Thanks very much for your help!

2 Answers Mar 2, 2006 at 2:30 PM