El `Araba bi Sohag

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• budget for stay

Suez 16 hours ago

I will be staying in hostel and major transportation are taken care by my organization the only things of for food so how much USD is enough for 45days stay..pls answer ...it will be helpful for me

more
    • Left luggage

Cairo Nov 23, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Are there left luggage facilities at Cairo Airport terminal 3?

more
    • Belly dance costumes in Cairo Airport

Cairo Nov 9, 2016 at 3:18 AM

Is there any shop of belly dance costumes in Cairo Airport?
      I will transit airline in Egypt for very short time like 1hour and half. Please help to find out :-)

more
    • budget for stay

Suez Yesterday

I'm going to stay in Egypt suez for 45 days ago how much USD I'd needed to bring from my home town pls Rply me as soon as possible coz I'm travelling this weekend ...

more
    • Looking for a place I visited in 2006 - need help finding

Cairo Nov 17, 2016 at 10:35 AM

I was in in Cairo in 2006 and really trying to remember this place that I was at. I'll try to describe it the best that I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. At the time I was looking for a place to go dancing. I got into a cab in Cairo near the nile and tried to explain to the cab driver that I wanted to go to a place for dancing and that had women. He didnt know much English so he ended up taking me this (what appeared to be) low key hotel that had a room with belly dancing. I do remember that the hotel was fairly close to the pyramids. I should note that this was at night so I'll try my best to explain the area and place. The place he took me was on a smaller street, almost like a side street, that intersected into one of the bigger main roads. The hotel didnt seem like it had a lot of floors, and I cant even tell you if it was a functioning "hotel with guests" but when you go into the lobby from the main entrance the front desk was on the left as soon as you walk in. There was also an open staircase that led up to a second level balcony where there was the room with the belly dancing. From the staircase and balcony, outside the belly dancing room, you could look out over the lobby and see the front desk which was almost directly across from the balcony. I remember this area well because Im pretty sure the cab driver took me to a sketchy place to try and rip me off. Once we were seated in the room with belly dancing, a tray of food came out that I didnt order and the cab driver tried to stick me with the bill. I got pretty upset and walked out to that balcony area and started arguing with the driver over the issue. Next thing I know there are 5 or 6 guys up there almost surrounding me probably because I'm being loud at this point. Well the situation calmed down and the driver wanted to try and make it better so he took me to another room in the same hotel the had almost like a night club, I was still somewhat heated over the situation so I can't remember what the room looked like exactly but I do remember we took an elevator to get to it. So this hotel had one room for belly dancing and another room that could have been a club of some sort. Again, this driver starts to try and get money from me so I say skip this and just walked out. My line of thinking was that I'd just walk down this side road back to the main road and get another cab. As I'm walking down the street towards the main road I remember passing the hotel parking lot to the left. He then pulls up behind with his cab. He knows I'm really angry at this point but he insists that I get in so he can take me back to my hotel. I got back in and he took me back to my hotel where we argued in them cab for probably a half hour. It was all dumb on my part, I know. I could have easily come up missing. I just really want to remember this place that I was at. SO could anyone throw out some suggestions as to what this hotel was called?

Close to the pyramids.
      On a side street that connected to a busy main street.
      Had a belly dancing room and another club type room.
      The room with belly dancing was on a 2nd level balcony that overlooked the lobby
      Seemed really low key place that didnt have any other Americans in it.
      Oh, and I think we actually entered the belly dancing room from a back door that led to a parking lot, not the lobby.

Thank you for your help!

more
    • Best Egypt City for Luxury Resorts

Egypt Nov 17, 2016 at 5:17 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Egypt from the US in late December (for a 1 week stay), but we haven't booked our hotels yet. We're looking to relax at a high end resort for a several days but also take in some of the popular tourist attractions (pyramids, Sphinx, cruise the Nile).
      We fly into Cairo. Are we better off staying at a luxury resort in another city and taking an excursion trip into Cairo to see the sights? Or are there good luxury resort options in Cairo?

more
    • squash05's Profile Photo

Which cruise liner would you recommend for cruising the Nile.

Egypt Nov 17, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Which cruise liner would you recommend for cruising the Nile. I know that the Dolphin Nile is out dated and looking for something better please. Any advise

more
    • swings's Profile Photo

Safe travel in Sohag for a single woman??

by swings Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 6:22 AM

Hi All,
      Well, now that I've just finished posting that Cairo is a pretty safe place for single women, I'm trying to figure out if it's safe for a single woman to travel withing Sohag. I'm convinced that the 1st class trains are probably ok for women, although my husband isn't so sure. But IF I got myself to Sohag, then is there any safe mode of transportation within Sohag?

And has anyone had experiences with hotels in Sohag? IS there a hotel in Sohag (I know there are in Akhmim, but that is pretty far away from where I want to be)? I think there is a hostel, but I wouldn't want to stay in a hostel.

Thank you for your help: I know there is always someone out there who has "been there: done that"!
      w

2 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 2:05 PM