Travel Answers
El `Araba bi Sohag

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Please help!! 1st time travelling in egypt.

Egypt 19 hours ago

hello folks,
      i am planning to visit egypt in december with my parents and wife.we will be staying for 10-12 days. please suggest itinerary for cairo aswan luxor and hurdhaga.please include all must see places and overland travel.i dont like to take all inclusive tour packages.i love to plan and travel it possible to tour economically this way in egypt or i must have to take tour package from agency!! is it possible to buy train tickets or arrange car and guide individually in each places from hotel or from other good options.please help folks.thanx in advance. :)

• travelling to the north coastal area in Egypt from Cairo Airport

Egypt Oct 17, 2016 at 2:14 AM

I travelled to Egypt on my own approximately 1 year ago when i was 21 all the way down from Cairo to Qina and then to Al Quseir which went very well, i'm planning to travel again to the north coastal region like Salloum and Marsa Matruh, however my question is, is there a direct bus-route from Cairo airport to Salloum? since the places i went before are more familiar since there are alot of English speaking people compared to the small places i want to travel now since i don't want to caught up clueless in the middle of the desert (i don't speak arabic just a few basic lines i'm Turkish).

• swings's Profile Photo

Safe travel in Sohag for a single woman??

by swings Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 6:22 AM

Hi All,
      Well, now that I've just finished posting that Cairo is a pretty safe place for single women, I'm trying to figure out if it's safe for a single woman to travel withing Sohag. I'm convinced that the 1st class trains are probably ok for women, although my husband isn't so sure. But IF I got myself to Sohag, then is there any safe mode of transportation within Sohag?

And has anyone had experiences with hotels in Sohag? IS there a hotel in Sohag (I know there are in Akhmim, but that is pretty far away from where I want to be)? I think there is a hostel, but I wouldn't want to stay in a hostel.

Thank you for your help: I know there is always someone out there who has "been there: done that"!

2 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 2:05 PM