Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safari with 2 years old

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 25, 2016 at 3:35 AM

Can i go Safari with a 2 years old?

3 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    • Visas on entry to hurgarda

Egypt Jun 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM

Hi I'm travelling to hurgarda in September 2016 from uk and can I still get a visa on arrival at airport thankyou

3 Answers Jun 25, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    • dandrew712's Profile Photo

Travelling to Egypt in August 2016

Egypt Jun 21, 2016 at 2:53 AM

First time going to Egypt - a bit nervous due to media, and warning notices not to travel there. Plan on meeting a friend who is Egyptian and lives there. Was wondering if there have been recent travellers there this year and how was there time there.... thanks

3 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 1:52 AM
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

Marsa Alam

Egypt Jun 18, 2016 at 2:45 AM

I've just read a few reviews about Marsa Alam and one in particular I thought a bit strange.
      It stated a possible alternative to obtaining a Visa at Marsa Alam airport was to purchase one from Thomson on route to the hotel, apparently if you chose this option there is no receipt given and your passport is not stamped.
      I wonder how you would get on if the Egyptian authorities challenged you before boarding your return flight.
      Last year my wife and I stayed at the Makadi Spa Hurghada which we both enjoyed very much but found access to the reef from the beach difficult.
      We thought we would give the Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort a go this November and would like to know the best method of tipping.
      At the Makadi pound coins were accepted and then changed for notes but apparently its better to tip using dollars at the Coraya, or is change in local currency easy to obtain?.
      The brochure mentions a few things to expect in your room but it doesn't say anything about a safe, tea / coffee making facilities or a fridge.
      Any advice or recommendations from anyone who has stayed at the Coraya recently would be greatly appreciated

3 Answers Jun 18, 2016 at 9:59 AM
    • Where is this address in Cairo city?

Egypt Jun 7, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Hi! I'll go to Cairo in first time. and I can not found this address on the map.
      Cairo has 10 streets with this name.
      Guys please find it for this map and give me link
      maps.here.com/?map=30.04991,...
      9 Omar Ibn Abd el aziz Street off Shehab St.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    • Cheapest accomodation option

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Hello!

My husband and I are hoping to visit Sharm for one month, around mid-July. But we are on a budget so trying to find the cheapest accommodation possible (that is still clean and doesn't have bugs).

We have found a one-bedroom apartment in Nabq Bay (with a full kitchen and living room) for 1250LE per month, plus water and electricity bills.

But I have also heard that due to a lack of tourists, the hotel rates are dropping. And because of the weather we will need to use the AC. So I am wondering if a hotel room would be cheaper than the apartment.

I am looking for advice on how to get the best and cheapest hotel deal, and whether it would be cheaper to get half-board with the room OR breakfast and eat dinner out.

We have never been to Egypt so this is all new to me. And we want to spend as little as possible. We don't need any sort of fancy hotel or anything, just something clean (and I don't do well with bugs).

So our options are:
      a) Apartment for 1250LE+water+electricity, cook ourselves
      b) Hotel room only, buy meals outside
      c) Hotel room with breakfast, buy dinner outside
      d) Hotel room with half-board

I like option D because then all our expenses are already sorted (other than cigarettes). But the cheapest I have found so far is Amar Sina Hotel for $500CDN half-board, and the reviews say the food isn't great and lacks variety.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and help!

• Question regarding Visa on Arrival

Egypt May 2, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I have a question regarding Visa on arrival at the airport. There seems to be some uncertainty in regard to Latin American citizens, specifically in my case Venezuelan. While the Egyptian Embassy in the UK doesn't list any country from Latin America as eligible for Visa on arrival, IATA includes these and some Brazilian travellers seem to have crossed in without problems. Do you know of South Americans entering Egypt this way? I just don't want to risk an unfriendly surprise at the airport or even before with the airline.
      Thanks for any information.

4 Answers May 4, 2016 at 2:25 AM
    • Dream park or magic land

Cairo Apr 20, 2016 at 7:21 AM

My friends and I are confused on which one to choose. We are 16 and we are looking for better rides, service and tons of fun. So which one do you recommend more? Why?

Thanks,
      Yasmin

• sallam88's Profile Photo

Egypt itinerary

Egypt Apr 9, 2016 at 3:52 PM

Hi guys,

I will be visiting Cairo next week for 4 days. I'm planning to extend my trip and take the opportunity to backpack Egypt. I can stay there for up to 14 days. Kindly note that I will be traveling alone and on a tight budget. I'm interested in historic buildings, archaeological sites and culture. Any suggested itinerary for the additional 10 days?

Thanks a lot
      Ibrahim

4 Answers May 3, 2016 at 6:21 AM
    • How to travel from Luxor to Port Ghalib?

Luxor Apr 6, 2016 at 8:03 AM

Hello, A friend and I (2 females) will be visiting Egypt this November 2016 and are thinking of taking the sleeper train from Giza to Luxor. We were wondering about how to travel from Luxor to Port Ghalib as we will be on a liveaboard dive trip which departs from Port Ghalib. We would need to be in Port Ghalib on Friday, overnight, as we would board the liveaboard on Saturday afternoon. Is it possible to arrange ground transportation from Luxor to Port Ghalib? How long is the travel time? How much would it cost? We would appreciate your advice and recommendations regarding our tentative plans. Thank you. Nancy

9 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 1:20 PM
    • dana1022's Profile Photo

Visiting El Sharm Sheikh

Egypt Apr 5, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Any suggestions on what to do and where to in sharm? Will Be leaving in a couple of days and staying for a week a group of six. What is the nightlife like also should we plan trips to Cairo or Luxor?

Thanks

• Tour guides necessary?

Egypt Apr 5, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Hi everyone! I will be traveling to Cairo in a week with my sister. I will be visiting a friend who is Egyptian. We will be staying with her and we're planning on going with her to see all the sites. I'm confused though because she is telling me we need to book tour guide to see pyramids, bazaar, citadel, Christian Church tours...pretty much everything. She told me Egyptians can't be guide for foreigners unless they have a permit. But she is my friend and knows all this places, is this really not allowed? She will be coming with us but also the tour guide. And if we have to spend all this money on guides how much is reasonable? I will attach a photo of what was sent to me. Also I would like to go to either luxor or hurghada, I'm wondering what is best. Or if to do both. Is the price quoted to me reasonable

I will add that the price does not include plane ride to hurghada and back. Thank you in advance!

7 Answers Apr 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    • Daraw (camel market), Kom Ombo and Edfu

Egypt Apr 1, 2016 at 1:05 AM

I am planning a trip to Egyt this May. After visiting Aswan, I plan to return to Luxor by a taxi visiting on the way the camel market at Daraw and the temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu. I have few questions in this regard.

1. There are conflicting reports about the most active market days . Some sources say it is Saturday and Sunday while some say it is Tuesday and Thursday. Most sources agree that there on Tuesday there is a market for cows, goats, sheep, donkeys, etc.

2. Is it possible to visit these three places in a single day by taxi without hiring a guide? How much would the taxi cost?

3. Are there any restrictions imposed by the police on independent travel by tourists at these places?

Thanks in adavnce.

2 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 1:05 AM
    • Possible Attacks

Hurghada Mar 22, 2016 at 2:17 AM

In light of the Brussels attacks this morning, what is your advice for someone planning a trip to Hurghada tomorrow? Thanks

5 Answers Mar 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

75 years young visiting Cairo alone

Cairo Feb 25, 2016 at 10:58 AM

First time male visitor early June. Must see the pyramids. Advice re convenient hotel with half board within walking distance. Can I turn up and buy tickets for the pyramids or should I book and organised excursion?

4 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 7:00 AM
    • sharm to taba by road

Egypt Feb 25, 2016 at 9:11 AM

hi, how safe are the road travel between sharm and taba. There is a tour that goes from charm to taba by road before taking you over to jerusalem, deadsea, petra, then back to aqaba for a transfer to taba, and then back on the road again. I know the FCO says sharm is in the greenlight, but the areas outside of it on the way to taba is orange (to reconsider your need to travel) and Taba itself is on the red zone.

2 Answers Feb 25, 2016 at 6:54 PM
    • International Student Identity Card discounts at Egyptian monuments.

Egypt Feb 24, 2016 at 9:06 PM

The page http://www.isicegypt.net/ of The International Student Identity Card
      mentions 50% discount at many monuments in Egypt for ISIC as well as ITIC (International Teacher Identity Card) and IYIC (International Youth Identity Card) card holders. But the webpage http://en.egypt.travel/ of Egypt Tourism mentions discount only for "students". Can anyone please explain what the ground situation is? Do they give discount to any "student" or only for ISIC holder or even for ITIC/IYIC holders.
      Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 11:41 PM
    • zebedee39's Profile Photo

Day Trips and currency

Hurghada Feb 21, 2016 at 2:19 AM

Hi, what's the best currency to use in Hurghada for the shops and bazaars please? I was going to take Egyptian Pounds but do they accept sterling/euros/US$ as well? I know the visa is priced in US$.
      Also, we'd like to do a day trip to Luxor - is it better to book from the UK or through the hotel once there? Can anyone recommend a company they used?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 1:55 PM
    • MoniqueB7's Profile Photo

VIsa Requirements

Egypt Feb 6, 2016 at 6:57 PM

I will be travelling to Egypt next month and need to know the correct visa requirements as I hear 2 different things: I can get one when I arrive at Cairo airport and then I hear that I have to get one prior to arriving. I've contacted the Egytian Embassies in NY and DC by phone and email to which I've not yet received a response. This is utterly confusing as it seems there's nothing clear about it. The EgyptAir website states I can get one when I arrive but I want to be sure and I'd hate to be told otherwise when I arrive. I really don't trust mailing my passport to the embassy because if they can't even respond to my calls/emails, then what makes you think they'll send me back my passport and visa in time. PLEASE HELP!

7 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    • McDUG's Profile Photo

I'm looking for a carving inside the Egyptian Museum of Antiques

Egypt Feb 6, 2016 at 2:53 PM

In the Egyptian Museum, I seen a carving of a woman sitting on a chair holding a book with 4 men sitting cross legged on the floor in front of her. Their heads were pointed up with bubbles and/or stars around their heads indicating they were dazed or hypnotized somehow. How can I get a picture of this carving?

3 Answers Feb 7, 2016 at 5:46 PM
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

Only 2 months left on my passport and the requirement is 6, leaving tomorrow!!

Cairo Feb 5, 2016 at 9:06 AM

I am arriving in Cairo tomorrow at eight in the evening if all goes well, but in my stress I didn't realise that my passport is only valid until April and the requirement for entry is 6 months. Does anyone have any experience with such things?? Will I be even let on the plane? Any hints?? I am desperate!
      Thanks in advance!!

Maya

9 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 4:14 PM
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

Only 2 months left on my passport and the requirement is 6, leaving tomorrow!!

Cairo Feb 5, 2016 at 9:04 AM

I am arriving in Cairo tomorrow at eight in the evening if all goes well, but in my stress I didn't realise that my passport is only valid until April and the requirement for entry is 6 months. Does anyone have any experience with such things?? Will I be even let on the plane? Any hints?? I am desperate!
      Thanks in advance!!

Maya

8 Answers Feb 24, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

Is Cairo a safe place to visit 2016

Cairo Feb 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM

We are going to Cairo in a few days and I just realized now that it is the fifth year anniversary of Arab-spring and I have read there may be a lot of demonstrations and perhaps some violence. I wonder, is it safe?

9 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 12:33 PM
    • zebedee39's Profile Photo

Hurghada and Mosquitoes

Egypt Jan 31, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Hi, off to Hurghada in March - just wondering if mosquitoes are generally a problem in the resort areas (I've been to Alexandria/Cairo/Karnak and up the Nile, and they were there).  Will be taking repellant anyway but my son is a magnet for them so trying to find out in advance what we'll be up against!!  Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 4:29 PM
    • Sharm El Sheikh holiday 2016

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hey just wondering if anyone knows when flights will resume to Sharm airport? As me and my boyfriend want to book to go to the resort in May, We have heard rumours that flights will resume sometime in March, But are unsure if we should book now or wait until we know a date for definite, finding it very hard to get any info from anyone!!..We really want to go back this summer, so if anyone can help us that would be great.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 2:10 AM
    • Hurghada Snorkelling at beach

Egypt Jan 30, 2016 at 4:17 AM

Does anyone know whether the Sunrise holidays resort or Sentido Mamlouk Palace resorts have any reef accessible from the beach

2 Answers Mar 26, 2016 at 1:21 PM
    • Safety at Sharm El-sheikh now ?

Egypt Jan 21, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Hi I suppose to travel to Sharm El-sheikh on the 13th of February, just wondering if anyone is at that resort or have been can shear they experience and thought about it. Did you feel safe?

Thank you

2 Answers Jan 21, 2016 at 3:21 PM
    • How much is a current visa at Hurghada airport

Hurghada Jan 20, 2016 at 2:58 AM

How much is a current visa at Hurghada airport - January 2016

3 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM
    • How safe is it

Egypt Jan 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Hi we are going on a Nile Cruise, 3 days in Giza & 4 days in Hurghada in March, but we are a little concerned, due to the two recent attacks. I know nowhere is completely safe, but can anyone reassure us & would we be hasty in cancelling now.

5 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 7:14 PM
    • No Question Title

Egypt Jan 13, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Hi we are do to go on a Nile Cruise, followed by 3 Days in Giza & 4 Days in Hurghada in March, but we are a little concerned, due to the two recent attacks. I know nowhere is completely safe, but can anyone reassure us & would we be hasty in cancelling now.

3 Answers Jan 17, 2016 at 4:29 AM