change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Sally Lunns

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Is this far from the railway station please?

more
    • London Reconstructing of Big Ben

London Nov 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Hi all,
      I will be heading to London for the first time in Feb 2017.
      News had mention that the reconstructing of Big Ben will start in early 2017. The last news available was in April 2017 about the works. I have also read the FAQ at the parliament website but they do not really have an indicative date.
      Read that scaffolding will take 4-6 months to build. Not sure if the view in Feb will be much effected. Saw google images of the tower with scaffolding and it's not a very pretty sight. :(
      Anyone knows of any news of the work schedule or any comments much appreciated.

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Gatwick changes

London Nov 25, 2016 at 10:24 AM

I have posted this on the TRAVEL ALERTS section here on VT but don't know if there is any other place to post.

From the 25th January 2017
      These changes take place at London Gatwick
      British Airways will operate from South Terminal
      Easyjet and Virgin will operate from the North Terminal.

Found this when I tried to book parking at Gatwick's aiport and this warning came up.

Feel free to move to any appropriate section

more
    • Arriving Gatwick South to Bus terminal - how long?

Gatwick Nov 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

Any ideas how long it will take to get from gate on arrival to the bus station at the south terminal? Domestic flight with no checked luggage.

Could it be done in 25 min?

Thanks.

more
    • TERMINAL TRANSFER

Heathrow Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Bus service

Carlisle Nov 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Is there a bus service from Court Square ( or nearby ) to The Sands Centre ( or near ). I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the internet

more
    • Scotlandsdave's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

London Dec 6, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Hi there, I am travelling to London over the new year with my Girlfriend. We've left it a bit last minute but we're wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on how to spend NYE. Whether that be a dinner and dance, street party, and kind of event really to make it a memorable new year? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

more
    • Transferring from international flight at North Terminal to domestic flight at South Terminal

Gatwick Nov 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Hello, I am looking at booking a flight from Sydney, Australia to Newquay, Cornwall via Gatwick with 2 children and 3 checked-in bags (the children are 10&13 so can wheel their own luggage).

I have two connecting flight options with my Emirates flight, which lands at North Terminal at 7.20am:

1. Flybe from South Terminal at 9.30am
      2. Flybe from South Terminal at 1.35pm.

Common sense is saying hang around for the 1.35pm flight but that's a long time to sit at Costa, especially after a 23-hour journey & with two tired children ... Do you think (providing the plane lands on time) that I'd have a good chance of making the 9.30am flight or would it be just too much of a rush?

Thanks in advance

more
    • London gatwick layover time

Gatwick Nov 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hi,
      I have booked a flight from zurich to london gatwick by easyjet, landing at 11 am at the north terminal. Have an onward journey to dubai by emirates at 1.30 pm from the same terminal. I have luggage to check in and will have to go through border. Will the layover time be sufficient?.Couldnt find any earlier flights to book!!

more
    • Leeds, Temple Newsam, where to stay

Leeds Nov 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I plan to drive from the Scottish Borders, stopping at Hadrian's Wall then to Leeds where I'd spend one night then visit Temple Newsam the following morning.

Can anyone recommend a pleasant b&b near TN?

Is Temple Newsam in the city, a suburb or rural area? I'd like to stay in a less populated area.

I haven't been able to learn much on the net. Is Wakefield convenient to TN?

Thanks!

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • wmeylia75's Profile Photo

What is the best prepaid sim card for travelers in London and Scotland

United Kingdom Dec 5, 2016 at 3:32 AM

I'm going to London and Scotland next week for 2 weeks, and I need the prepaid sim card that supported 3G/4G internet data, actually I need the most for data / internet. Does anyone can help me which one is the best prepaid sim card for internet data with good coverage during my stay in London and Scotland (Edinburgh, Hihgland and Isle of Skye)? Can I get it at the Heathrow airport or any recommended shop that I can buy for that prepaid sim card? Thanks.

more
    • brentdong's Profile Photo

Airside transit or visitor in transit visa or no visa requirement in heathrow airport?

Heathrow Yesterday

Hi everybody, I am Brent, from Vietnam. Now Im living in Hungary and then I have resident permit of an EEA members (as Hungarian resident permit).
      In Jan 2017, my friend (Hungarian) and I (vietnamese, have an EEA resident permit) is going to travel to Vietnam by British Airways, in which we will transit in Heathrow Airport for about 5 hours. We are arriving to heathrow in terminal 3 and then departing in terminal 4. So please help us, in this case, do we need to apply for the airside transit visa or visiting in transit visa?

1. We have 2 ways ticket (go to vietnam and back to hungary)
      2. We are a Hungarian and Vietnamese (Have hungarian resident permit) and ofc valid passport and vietnamese visa.
      3. British airways has confirmed that our checked bags will be sent directly to the last destination.
      4. We have to change terminal in the Heathrow airport.

Thanks very much and best regard !!

more
    • HelenBird1's Profile Photo

Best restaurants in Nottingham, near City of Caves

Nottingham Dec 5, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning a trip to Nottingham where I will show my friends the sandstone beauty, the City of Caves. Since we may spend there a lot of time, I need some recommendations on good cafes/restaurants/pubs near this attraction to have a dinner at. Where would you go? =) The cuisine doesn't matter, but the distance does (it should be near the City of Caves). I've found a list of restaurants at alltheviews.com/restaurants-... but still can't decide on a place to visit. Is Ibérico World Tapas really great?

more
    • Is this a good place to celebrate birthday in London?

London Dec 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM

Hi all,
      I'm new here and I hope you can help me with advice:
      Being studying various restaurant comparing sites (Tripadvisor, Michelin, Alltheviews...), I decided to try out Ye Olde Mitre Yelp and Tripadvisor estimate it pretty high (as I can judge from alltheviews.com/Ye-Olde-Mitr...), but I want a real person opinionб who has been there recently. I forgot to mention the reason - why I'm choosing a place to go out: we want to celebrate my father's bithday and he likes bars a lot. So, we need one with a good atmosphere.

So, is Ye Olde Mitre a good place to go to for a celebration?

more
    • Oyster or contactless

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM

is there any advantage to buying the oyster cards or is using concatless cards just the same.

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • Best transportation to Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor

London Dec 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM

I will be visiting London for 3 days in March. I would like to take a day to visit Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor (both in the same day).

I saw there was a tour offered that included them both, but they are only on Fridays, and unfortunately I will not be there at that time.

What is the best way to travel from London to these two sites? Rail? Bus? Some other way?

Thank you for any information.

more

The Royal Crescent

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hi is this museum easy to find from the railway station, also how much time does it take to get round?

more
    • Family attractions

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I need to keep two young children and 3 young adults entertained.

I´ve book tussauds and the london eye. We are hoping to go to Winterwonderland and see Buckinhgam palace. Are there any must sees or child freindly activities.

more
    • Cheap accommodation near London

London Nov 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hello! I'm travelling to London this Saturday, but I don't have a place to stay yet. I will be in London for 1 month and I was wondering if you recommend any location near London where it might be cheaper, or if you know of any Web page in which people offer rooms for short term accommodation. Thank you so much!

more
    • Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Narrowboat Holidays on English canals.

England Dec 5, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Mrs Flying.Scotland and I are considering a one week canal boat holiday next August / September. We will both be 70, are reasonably fit, and want a trip that goes through small towns and villages with good canalside pubs and nice countryside too. Can anyone suggest what is their favourite canal trips and also any pointers for first time canal boaters. Thanks for any help you can give us. Bruce

more

Weatherspoons

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Is there one in Bath please?

more
    • Luggage storage on departure day .

London Nov 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM

The accommodation we have booked dont have luggage storage facilities on our departure day. We check out at 10 and have a train booked for 4. I've checked at the train station and the cost is £87. ( 1 case and 6x Hand luggage) is this my only option? We were hoping to use our last day to visit winter wonderland .

more
    • visiting highclere castle from london

London Nov 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM

best way to get to HIghclere Castle from London. I was going to take a tour from London but they all include other stops for a full day. I'd just like to go to the castle and gardens. Any thoughts

more
    • Driving from Airport to the City

by KPAC Online Now Nov 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Arrival June 2015

If we pick up a rental car in the morning is there a good place to park near the western side of the city? I'm guessing parking then taking public transport is advisable. In hopes of doing so by around noon would there likely be time to visit some attractions in that area? Perhaps the castle if we're alert enough? G-g-grandparents were married in St. Cuthbert's so that's a must. Driving into the city proper seems unwise.

We're staying in Musselburgh and would like to see something of Edinburgh before heading that way. The route looks quite straightforward but I wonder about late afternoon traffic. Should we wait until sometime after 6:00 PM to avoid rush hour? 

Many thanks!

25 Answers Nov 6, 2016 at 5:27 AM

First time visit to Edinburgh, Scotland .. I need some advises.

by wmeylia75 Online Now Oct 29, 2016 at 6:00 AM

Hi .. I need some ideas / opinions what is the closest / nearest hotel (4 stars hotel) to Waverley Station? As what come into my mind now from searching online, I have 2 hotels preferences in Edinburgh to stay : Old Town Chambers & Fraser Suites Edinburgh.

I'm planning to have my tour to Scotland from London, so I will be arriving Edinburgh from London by train in the afternoon, and the next morning we are planning to join for the tour to the Highland and SKYE, and the tour will depart from 1 Parliament Square, Royal Mile, Edinburgh. That's why I'm looking for the closest hotel to the Royal Mile and Waverley Station as well. So anyone of you can give me your ideas please? Which one of that 2 is nicer and closer to both 1 Parliament Square and Waverley Station.

Besides, as we plan to arrive Edinburgh on 13th December in the afternoon, we will have 1 night to spend to stroll around Edinburgh, on the 14th - 16th December we will have our tour outside Edinburgh, and on 16th december at night will be back Edinburgh staying for 1 more night, on 17 December evening around 3pm we will be heading back to London by train. So do you think can we have enough time to stroll around for some nice and interesting places in Edinburgh for less than 2 days in total?

Usually in December how many degrees the weather in Scotland (Edinburgh, The highland and SKYE) and what should we bring as this is my first time visit to Scotland, so I want to have my memorable and enjoyable holiday in Scotland :-) Should we bring raincoat, umbrella, etc?

Thank you so much and your ideas / advise will be so appreciated.

9 Answers Nov 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM
    • Xmas restaurants on a budget

by acornvilla Online Now Oct 17, 2016 at 9:12 AM

Are there any take away / fast food restaurants open in Edinburgh on Xmas day ?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Should I bring my big luggage on my visit to Scotland from London?

by wmeylia75 Online Now Oct 16, 2016 at 3:03 AM

I'm from Indonesia and planning to visit Scotland from London this coming December 2016. My itinerary will be start in London on my first arrival, then on the 3rd day, I'm planning to go to Edinburgh by train for 5-6 days and I'm just wondering if is it possible to bring my big luggage about 24" and cabin luggage with me in the train to Edinburgh? or should I just leave the big luggage in the left luggage in London station? since this is my first visit to UK and Scotland, so it would be so appreciated if anyone can give us advise or suggestion for this matter. Thank you so much for your help.

17 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 7:24 AM
    • Edinburgh to glasgow

by lhigdon2 Online Now Sep 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM

I need to make the 0548 sleeper at glasgow station but my hotel is in edinburgh. What are my options for transportation at this time

9 Answers Sep 19, 2016 at 4:51 AM
    • DaisyWhite's Profile Photo

Travel questions

by DaisyWhite Online Now Aug 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM

¿Cuantos dias se deben dedicar a Edimburgo? ¿Es posible desde allí tomar tours locales para recorrer las Tierras Altas y otros puntos de interés? ¿Es indispensable reservar hoteles con antelación?

How many days you need to visit Edinburgh? Is it possible to take local tours from this city to visit the Highlands and other interesting places? Is it necessary hotel booking previously? The same questions for Glasgow.

5 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 5:05 PM
    • Few queries regarding Edinburgh Trip

by Dubliner007 Online Now Jun 9, 2016 at 7:32 AM

Hi,
      I am from Dublin and would like to visit Edinburgh in July with wife and 2 kids. Please help me to plan my trip.

1. Is there any public transport available from the Edinburgh airport to Edinburgh city centre?

2. What is the mode to pay for travel in Scotland (Edinburgh) via public transport - Coins & Notes (Sterling) / Credit or Debit cards / Travel Cards? Would I be able to buy tickets via Irish visa debit cards from the driver?

2. Any theme parks accessible via public transport in Edinburgh?

3. How to reach M&D's - Scotlands theme park in Edinburgh from city centre?

Appreciate your help...

6 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 12:54 AM
    • AgnesZeon's Profile Photo

Cheaper to buy day tour packages locally than online?

by AgnesZeon Online Now Jun 3, 2016 at 8:10 PM

I will be at Edinburgh for 3 days early July. Thinking of going to Loch to see if I can find Nessie :p and maybe take a look at the Scottish highlands .So my questions are :
      1) is it cheaper to buy day packages locally at Edinburgh? Or cheaper to book online?
      2) is Loch Ness accessible by train? able to do free and easy sightseeing? Cheaper than option 1?

Btw I will be staying at one of the Destiny student double room with private bathroom. If any lady travelling solo would like to share the room at 33 pounds per night, let me know :D

7 Answers Jun 4, 2016 at 11:58 AM
    • traveling mid to end may this year- only have 6 full days

by dzuber Online Now May 1, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Traveling with my 20 yr old daughter
      we will walk all over city what are the must do's
      islands? castle? top 5 must do things-
      love also f there are hiking ideas as well
      not into museums-or shopping for traditional items - more into unique
      and ofcourse we love to eat

15 Answers May 2, 2016 at 4:50 AM
    • left luggage, but not at the airport

by anizwerg Online Now Apr 19, 2016 at 11:35 AM

Hey guys,
      My boyfriend and I are flying to Edinburgh on Thursday. We are planning to hike for around 9 days and then to drive through Scotland and England. It would be so great to have some fresh clothes after stinking for 9 days :D Is there any possibility to store some luggage for several days except the left luggage service at the airport? The service there is very expensive. Thank you! :)

7 Answers Apr 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM
    • Sherese93's Profile Photo

Edinburgh transport from airport

by Sherese93 Online Now Apr 12, 2016 at 3:50 AM

Hi guys I am flying into Edinburgh Airport and staying in Edinburgh City Centre by Reserve Appartments. I believe it's near the Royal Mile. Can anybody suggest how to get there using the public transport system? TIA

8 Answers Apr 14, 2016 at 2:43 AM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Theatre in edinburgh

by paddington28 Online Now Jan 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM

Can anyone please tell me if there is a theatre near Edinburgh Zoo? If so is the Zoo and theatre far from the centre as i have been reading reviews that the Zoo is hard top find.
      Regards,
      Paddington!

10 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 9:08 AM
    • Crazywoman's Profile Photo

Visiting castle and the green hills of Scotland

by Crazywoman Online Now Jan 21, 2016 at 1:52 AM

After asking about castle hotels in the Dublin forum (for Dublin and Edinburgh) and having done some more research, we found out that a few of them were already fully booked, were too expensive or not as available as we would like them to be.

We have therefor decided that we would most likely stay in Edinburgh and make a day trip or two to visit a castle and maybe have lunch or afternoon tea and a walk in the area if possible. Any suggestions for this?

We are also interested in visiting an area were we can see and maybe take a hike in the "green hills of Scotland" and visit a smaller town. Does anyone have suggestions for this.

We would prefer to travel by public transportation.

16 Answers Jan 23, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    • seeking accomodation edinburgh

by mavericklara Online Now Jan 17, 2016 at 7:05 AM

hi me and my comrade are looking to move to Edinburgh around march 2016 , we would like to rent two bed apartment ,but would need to find somewhere to rest awhile ,while we search being we are both late 40s rather not do hostles or pay too much either as you can appreciate settling anew is already costly any suggestions would be great. I was in Edinburgh last year and fell in love with it ,maybe its my Scottish roots surname( mackay) apparently hale from the highlands where I hope to be skiing. many thanks

2 Answers Jan 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM
    • Boxing Day

by VirginiaTourist Online Now Nov 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I'll be in Edinburgh over the Christmas holiday and wondering what will be open on Boxing Day. I know the museums and castles are closed, but what about shops and restaurants? Will there be anything for me to do that day?

Also, on Christmas day I want to eat somewhere nice but not stuffy - kind of old school/traditional with a good, warm environment. I'm staying in New Town and will be alone. Any advice?

Thanks!

7 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 2:46 PM
    • Visiting student at University Edinburgh in December

by EB123 Online Now Oct 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM

I will be visiting daughter at University of Edinburgh in mid-December. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel walking distance from both university, sites, restaurants?

10 Answers Oct 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM
    • sophie_07's Profile Photo

Edinburgh for a solo female traveller on a £30 per day budget, any tips? (Dec 17-19)

by sophie_07 Online Now Sep 14, 2015 at 11:44 PM

I am thinking of spending a few days just to experience Edinburgh for a bit and see/do some useful things. On a budget, obviously. Not planning on doing a lot of outdoor sightseeing or shopping. Perhaps would be nice to experience some real proper Scotch whiskey. :) :) :) How cold will it be during those times, any tips on winter wear? Also, is it safe for a female 30yo? Dates: Dec 17 - 19 Accomodation preference: hostel/community accomodation (anything lively and with other travellers, I like meeting people) laugh

5 Answers Sep 15, 2015 at 8:37 AM
    • evaanna's Profile Photo

Public transport in Edinburgh

by evaanna Online Now Aug 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM

I have heard that there are day tickets at 3.5 pounds that allow you to travel freely on public transport for 24 hours. Is this true and if so, where can we buy them? Would it be possible to get to Rosslyn Chapel, using such a ticket or is it not valid for that zone? And how to get to Rosslyn Chapel from Pollock Halls, Holyrood Park Road, Newington? And one more thing - what would (roughly) be the taxi fare from the airport to Pollock Halls? Thank you ever so much. :)

3 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 4:55 AM

How to book a room at a Travelodge in Edinburgh?

by evaanna Online Now Aug 21, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Over a fortnight ago we tried to book a room at a Travelodge in Edinburgh. We followed the procedure, filled in all the data, gave them our bank account number and clicked OK to complete the booking. We expected a confirmation of the booking but instead we got the information that our booking was unsuccessful. Strangely enough, Travelodge did not book a room for us but it ring fenced the amount on our bank account, which meant two weeks' waiting till the money was unblocked. I complained and got a reply which didn't solve the problem. Now today, over two weeks later, when the money was returned to us we tried to make the booking again. And guess what happened? Exactly the same. We now have quite a large sum of money ring fenced (i.e. inaccessible to us) and still no booking. I really don't know what to do. We have air tickets for 5 September and the money will not be accessible till then. Does anybody happen to know what we can do about this? And please don't suggest we phone them - we tried but waited and waited listening to the music till our phone account ran out. International phone calls from Poland are really expensive. For the time being, I sent them another complaint by e-mail and am waiting for a reply, but without much hope.

7 Answers Aug 22, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Hiring a car in Edinburgh

by evaanna Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 5:20 AM

I need advice about hiring a car in Edinburgh. Is it necessary to make the arrangements in advance? We are going in September. We have had some bad experience connected with payments (for accommodation) on the net and would prefer to arrange the hire on our arrival at the airport. Do you think this is possible? What car hire firms would you recommend? We need a small car and don't want to pay a fortune. Thank you.

15 Answers Sep 13, 2015 at 9:10 PM
    • iccuf's Profile Photo

Hotel in Edinburgh

by iccuf Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 12:13 PM

My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Edinburgh. Never been there before. We will not have a card. Do we want to stay in Old Town? or New Town? We like to be able to walk out and be in the middle of everything. I have looked at some of the hotels. The Witchery looks interesting - well, very different, but maybe a little spooky. Comment? Also looked at The Glasshouse - then read a number of negative comments on TripAdvisor. Another I was looking at was GV Royal Mile. Any comments on hotels and whether or not to stay in Old Town? I just read above about restaurants - looks like the better restaurants are outside of the Royal Mile. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Oh, we'll be going the very end of September or first of October. Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • What sights would you suggest for a one/two day trip to Edinburgh

by RainerMraz Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Question as in the title

8 Answers Sep 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • How many days would you stay in the city if you just have 14 days in Scotland

by RainerMraz Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 12:32 PM

And would you start your Highland-tour clockwise or counter clockwise ?

6 Answers Jul 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • car rental

by rpm1960 Online Now Jul 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Greetings. I am thinking about renting a Ford C Max from Edinburgh airport to drive to Fort William. I've never driven one of these cars. Do you think it will handle the highland roads ok, or should I opt for a slightly bigger VW Passat?

8 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 3:09 PM
    • Highlander

by BrigitteG Online Now Jul 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Where could I find one shop or outlet where I can find Highlander articles?

4 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 5:41 PM
    • sat1503's Profile Photo

Night out for 30-somethings

by sat1503 Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I am lookimg for recommendations for a 30-something crowd in the city center. Anyone? Thanks in advance, Mike

2 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Ingliston Park and Ride - long term stay?

by muratkorman Online Now May 15, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Dear VT members,
      I need to leave my car for 9 days near Edinburgh airport. I have found Ingliston Park and Ride to be very convenient and free. However, they indicate no overnight stay in website. Is there any VT member who left his car there for a long duration? I don't want to find my car towed when I arrive back. If this will certainly happen, where do you suggest to park the car?
      Thank you for your help.

4 Answers May 19, 2015 at 2:54 PM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Driving, parking, hotel during Tattoo

by Dabs Online Now May 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Unless I can come up with a better idea, we are flying into Edinburgh on Friday morning, picking up a car at the airport, driving to Loch Lomond so my husband can do a swim on Saturday morning, driving back to Edinburgh for the Tattoo Saturday night (tickets are still available as of a few minutes ago for the 7:30 show) and then leaving Sunday morning to head north.

So if we are coming back from Loch Lomond, is there any place close enough to Edinburgh that we can stay with parking, free or pay, and take a train/bus into Edinburgh? Or maybe a train station where we can park overnight and then continue onto a nearby hotel? Or maybe there's long term cheaper parking at the airport? Obviously hotels are at a premium although I can still find one but I'm also not wild about actually driving into Edinburgh city center since we will already have the opposite side of the road issue to worry about.

Maybe an airport hotel? Queensferry? Leith? Mainly I'm concerned about ease of finding it and ease of getting into the city center. Thanks.

16 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • Hellen79's Profile Photo

A few hours in Edinburgh

by Hellen79 Online Now Apr 29, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Hello
      Can you tell me what is possible to do in a few hours from 7 am to 3 pm in Edinburgh?
      Is it maybe possible to go to Glasgow or St Andrews?
      Is it possible to go to Arthur's seat early in the morning? How long does it take from Masson House to get to Arthur's seat?
      Thank you very much!

12 Answers May 28, 2015 at 2:38 AM
    • Jerry_Dawson's Profile Photo

Airbnb Edinburgh

by Jerry_Dawson Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Hi All,

I have just booked to stay in this beautiful, central apartment in the Old Town of Edinburgh:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2550446

We are arriving via train which is ideal because Waverley Station appears to be a very short walk away from this apartment on Jeffrey Street, however while we are there we want to hire a car (so that my wife can visit some relatives in Glasgow) and although I can see that there is 'metered' on-street parking - I was wondering if anyone was aware of any alternatives?

Thank you for your attention!

Jerry Dawson
      London

5 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 3:35 PM