change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ateach52's Profile Photo

HELP!! Late night pub/bar!

London Sep 15, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hi all you Londoners! Arriving late at our hotel near Paddington tomorrow night (Athena). Need to meet family who are staying at Lord Jim's. Notting Hill in the middle. Any suggestions for a decent place that will still be open between 11 pm and 1 am.

more
    • Transit Visa for Filipino and Thai

Heathrow Sep 5, 2016 at 2:00 AM

A Filipino and Thai on transit at Heathrow arriving via Malaysian Airlines MH002 at 555am (Terminal 4) and departing to Iceland via Icelandair FI451 at 1240pm (Terminal 2). Do we still need a visa/transit visa?

more
    • Transfer from terminal 2 to 5

Heathrow Sep 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I bought an air Canada ticket from Ottawa to Glasgow. British Airways does the leg from Heathrow to Glasgow. I change from terminal 2 to terminal 5. My question is whether my bags are checked through or do I need to collect them and have them inspected at customs in terminal 2?

more
    • Barra Outer Hebrides

The Hebrides Sep 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM

Any experience with travel to Barra? Also what about ferry from Barra to Eriskay?

more
    • one night in lake district

Lake District National Park Sep 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM

hi all,
      Me and my wife are going to Glasgow on 19th Sep, but we want to stay one night in lake district on our way, can anyone tell me any nice place in lake district to stay for a night, we will arrive there by 3 pm , so we will have half day to visit any nice place.

kindly send your suggestions.

Regards

more
    • which is the best cafe to meet in terminal 2 heathrow sept 6?

Heathrow Sep 4, 2016 at 12:44 AM

My husband is travelling from Edinburgh to meet me as I arrive from New Zealand on Sept 6. If one of us is delayed by an hour or so, where is best place to meet in terminal 2? Can anyone suggest a café?

more
    • Landing Card

Gatwick Sep 20, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Does Air Canada provide landing cards so I may complete one before landing?

more
    • Immigration time with Biometric passport

Heathrow Sep 15, 2016 at 4:29 AM

Can anybody advise on the average time from flight landing to claim baggage and get through immigration at Terminal 3 (with a biometric Irish passport)? Flight lands on a Saturday at 14:30 coming from Dubai on Emirate. Need to catch a bus at 16:00 from Terminal 3 to Luton Airport. THANK YOU!

more
    • Transit visa?

Heathrow Sep 24, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Hi, I'm traveling from Finaldn to India and having a Transit in Heathrow. I have been trying to understand do i need a transit visa or not, but seems difficult to actually understand that. I have a transit where is need to change terminal, from terminal 3 to terminal 4. I have bought the ticket under the same number, so should be a need to leave the airport, besides the transit. I'm nepalese. So any experience or help, what kind of visa do i need?

more
    • how long to get from terminal 5 to heathrow express train station

Heathrow Sep 19, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I am travelling with my disabled daughter and 85 year old mum from the US to heathrow. Our flight arrives 10am, we will have to have assistance getting off the plane, so I'm guessing we'll be last off, but then we should have the buggy to take us to baggage reclaim and passport control. My question is how long will it take us to clear all the above and get to the station to catch the heathrow express to paddington? Thanks

more
    • Sharonov's Profile Photo

Taxi from Moreton in marsh to Chipping Campden

Chipping Campden Sep 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Does twenty pounds sound reasonable? And yes I have the links to the taxis already but they seem to be connected.

more
    • Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Where to go before evening ferry from Harwich

Colchester Sep 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Hi and thanks in advance for your time!

Towards the end of October, I'm going to be coming by car from southern England to Harwich to catch an overnight ferry to Holland. I'm going to have some time to kill from probably 1pm to around 7.30pmish, as I think check-in starts at 8pm. I'm thinking of going to Colchester zoo in the afternoon then to the Waterfront restaurant, Lower Marine Parade, Harwich then to the port to check-in.

My main concerns are the weather could turn out to be terrible, with the zoo turning out to be a bad idea, especially at this time of year. I have looked at information on Colchester itself and it looks pretty from what I can tell, but am unsure if I could spend so much time there around shops, etc.

I'm looking for options in the event of bad weather. I'm fairly open minded as to where to go, as long as it's not too far from the A12 (15-20 minutes or thereabouts) or A120.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated and sorry for the length of this!

Adam

more
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Legoland, Chessington, Sealife

London Sep 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Hi,

Not exactly a London question, but was wondering if anyone could advise as to the best day of the week to visit each of the above. We will be staying between Friday and Thursday and have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old. I know weekdays are obviously quieter to visit but wondering if perhaps at least one of them would be doable on Saturday or Sunday so as to have a break in between each. I assume a full day is needed for each. We also plan to visit the natural history museum to see the dinosaur exhibit on another day.

How best to go about planning our stay please? Trip is planned for end October.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and any other good things you can recommend for our boys to enjoy in London are welcome!

more
    • Edinburgh to glasgow

Edinburgh Sep 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM

I need to make the 0548 sleeper at glasgow station but my hotel is in edinburgh. What are my options for transportation at this time

more
    • Tranfers and Baggage

Heathrow Sep 1, 2016 at 2:42 AM

Hi All,
      Hoping you can help me, this is the first time I have flown ever and I am going to mexico alone to meet my girlfriend.
      I have booked flight from leeds to heathrow, heathrow to dallas, dallas to monterrey mexico.
      I am hoping you can help put my mind at ease on the following points.....

1. Transfer times...... when I arrive at heathrow I am flying in on british airways and have 1 hour 15 to transfer to a finn air flight.
      Is this enough time?
      will I need to collect my bags?
      When arriving in dallas I have 2hours 50 to make transfer, again is this enough will I need to get baggage?
      I also heard you have to go through all security again, is this correct.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am a little concerned having never been in an airport before!
      Big thanks

Tom

more
    • HDHansen's Profile Photo

transport between Heathrow and Cornwall

England 10 hours ago

Besides driving, what are some good ways to get from Heathrow to Zennor in Cornwall?

more
    • yumyum's Profile Photo

My old oyster card

London Sep 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Hi, how can I find out how much money I still have on my card? I haven't used it for many years. And I don't remember how to top it up. Can I stick it into a ticket machine to load up?
      Thanks!

more
    • How safe is it to leave a rental car with luggage while we take walks in the Highlands?

Scotland Sep 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Since walks and hikes are such an integral part of a Highlands trip this question has been bugging me. We'd like to stop off for a 3-4 hour walk in Glencoe between our B&B stops in Oban and Plockton however we'll have our bags with us. Oddly enough this is the only time that it will be a problem. I suppose that we could re-arrange our day trips however we'd be doubling back to see the area - not that it would be a hardship! Anyway, can any see a problem with leaving our worldly belongings in a road-side car park for a few hours? Thanks, Pete

more
    • Maline's Profile Photo

Good London areas to stay for vacation?

London Sep 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Hi! I am going to London in middle novemberfor a 4-night stay with a friend. I need advice as to where in London to book a hotel. Ideally I would like some place centrally located, with plenty of good budget restaurants, clothes stores, book stores, cafés and parks. I am not going to any of the big attractions such as Buckingham palace or Madame Tussauds, so proximity to tourist attractions is of non value. I want nice relaxed atmoshere, a safe neighbourhood and plenty of people-gazing opportunities. Also, if there are any places known for great Pokemon-spawns, thats a plus!

Is Soho good? Regents park?
      Please help! /Maline

more
    • Best way from Edinburgh to Ft William

United Kingdom Sep 16, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Hey all
      I will be in Edinburgh next week and I am really interested in riding the Jacobite in Ft William. When I google the travel time to drive it says 2.5 to 3 hrs, but viamichelin.com is saying it's more like 4 hours. The first train leaves at 10:15ish so I need to be there by then. Need to figure out what time to leave. I will be traveling on a Sunday so hopefully the traffic won't be much of an issue? I see that A9 has speed cameras...how does that work? We don't have those in US yet. Can anyone please give me an accurate travel time? Is it 2.5 to 3 or 4 hours? at 0600 an hour is huge!

more
    • Driving inside walls

Tenby Sep 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM

If we stay inside the town walls ( St Marys Street) will be able to drive to our car park if we arrive before 4pm?

1 Answer Sep 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • horse riding

Laugharne Aug 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM

is there horse riding for 5 year olds were staying in sykes cottages sa334rd

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    • Smita106's Profile Photo

Tenby how many days sufficient.

Tenby Mar 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

How many days are sufficient to see Tenby? 3 days?

5 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • Planning a trip to New Quay

New Quay Jun 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM

We are planning to visit New Quay next year. My mother was born there and I want to spend some time getting to know the place and walking the Ceredigion Coastal Path. Thought we would also spend a day in Aberystwyth. We will be traveling by train/bus. Is there anything I should especially see that is near enough and I'm able to get to by walking or public transport? Any advice? When I ask friends if they have been to Wales - it seems that Holyhead is about the only place they have been. Travel books are frustrating since they seem to skip that part of the coast in their descriptions. Do you think 3-4 days is enough time? Thanks for the feedback.

8 Answers Jun 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    • nightlife during the weekdays

Tenby Jun 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM

are there any good nightclubs open through the weekdays in Tenby?? i am holidaying at kiln park next week from monday to friday and would love a good no-kids night out while im there. any suggestions???

3 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Hertz Car drop off to Ferry Terminal

Fishguard Aug 22, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Mum and I leave on our first European/UK trip in a few weeks and we are getting pretty excited. Would anyone be able to tell me the distance and best way to get from the Hertz Rental Car drop off in downtown Fishguard to the ferry terminal. We will have all our luggage. Is a taxi the cheapest/easiest option? Likewise at the other end in Ireland if you know from the terminal to the Hertz depot? Thanks.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    • Directions

Lampeter Jul 16, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Any suggestions on how to get from Cardiff (airport) to Lampeter? Don't fancy an interminable buss ride o renting a car in unfamiliar territory.....

Thanx for any help ......

Cheers,
      K

4 Answers Jul 28, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    • salmahrosli's Profile Photo

Youth Hostels

Aberystwyth May 19, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Hello,
      Could anyone inform me any youth hostels near to the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer May 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM
    • Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party in the area?!

Dyfed Jul 20, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Hello,

My daughter is getting married in early August in a town called Llanddowror, the home town of her fiance. She thinks it's going to be only her father and I going. We are from the US and have never been to Wales.

She has no idea yet, but I have arranged for 4 of her best friends to surprise her and meet us there!!

The problem? We want to have a fun bachelorette party, but I have NO idea what to plan or where we might go for some action. We would like to be in a bar or club with lots of people.

Is Swansea the best place? How far away is it from Llanddowror?

The other problem? It's going to have to take place on the first MONDAY night in August! Not the best night of the week for a party - but it has to be that way.

Can anyone give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks so much!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

railway station

Llanelli Feb 28, 2006 at 7:02 AM

Can one park at the Llanelli railway station and leave a car for 3-4 days?
      Is it free/ safe?
      If not, how close to the railway station can one park?
      Istvan

2 Answers Mar 3, 2006 at 1:12 PM
    • CHRISTMAS DINNER IN WALES

Carmarthen Nov 6, 2004 at 1:34 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A RESTAURANT, HOTEL, INN, ETC. THAT WILL BE SERVING DINNER OR LUNCH ON CHRISTMAS DAY? WE ARE DRIVING FROM CARDIFF TO THE WEST OF WALES ON THAT DAY AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO EAT SOMEWHERE INSTEAD OF IN OUR CAR. THANKS.

2 Answers Nov 8, 2004 at 3:22 AM
    • Recommendation for Riding?

Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Jul 5, 2004 at 1:03 PM

Greetings: My family and I (2 adults, 16 and 12 year old) will be spending a week near the village of Dale in late July. My 16-year old daughter loves to ride (she owns a horse and rides at least 5-6 times a week). My husband is also an experienced rider and the two of them are hoping to go on several half day rides. Neither care for stuffy, show-type riding. Although I've been told that one can find riding centers through the local ads when we get to the Pembrokeshire area, does anyone have recommendations on which riding center is best? My husband and daughter would like to find a place that has healthy and lively horses, interesting trails to ride, and friendly people. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

• goglobe's Profile Photo

Tenby, where it should be

Tenby Nov 1, 2003 at 10:51 PM

I just built my page on Tenby, a small town by tthe west of Wales, but I found that on the VT destination map, it only appears under UK, and not Wales. Even a smaller place like the adjacent Pembroke town was properly listed under a suitable Welsh district. Anybody can tell me how I could get to the VT staff on my question (or perhaps VT staff has just known about it now)?

2 Answers Nov 3, 2003 at 1:03 AM