Dutch Harbor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Aerial tour and Glacier landing in Denali

Alaska May 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM

1) Friends have suggested to take an Aerial tour and Glacier landing in Denali, from Anchorage. Is it really something not to be missed ? Our plan is arriving in Anchorage 3rd June @ noon, explore Anchorage & Denali. Have to reach Seward on 6th June, to catch the 9 pm Cruise from there. We have already planned to do visit the Matanuska glacier, Lake Eklutna, during our 2 day stay Anchorage. 2) How long would visit/hike of the Matanuska glacier take ?

more
    • Family accomodation

Anchorage May 7, 2016 at 10:10 PM

We are planning to fly to Achorage and stay for 2-3 days in Anchorage , in june. Are there any good hostels with family rooms in Anhorage.Else any good B&B places for a family of 3 ?

more
    • Fly and Bus tour of Denali National Park

Denali National Park and Preserve May 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Plan to land in Anchorage on 3rd June and spend 2 days visiting Denali. We would like to enjoy both the aerial as well as bus tour of the national park. is it possible to do both i.e going by bus and returning by aerial route or vice versa?

more
    • ChandramauliB's Profile Photo

Dos & Don't for Alaska Cruise

Alaska May 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM

I will travel to Alaska & this is my first experience of Cruise so some body suggest how is the experience & cost effective travel of Cruise.
      Will travel in 2016 .
      Any body is travelling need company for travel.

more
    • Buzzmax's Profile Photo

Whales Dutch harbour

by Buzzmax Online Now Feb 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Hi, I apologise for the boring question, but I would appreciate a reply.
      We will be going to Dutch Harbour on the 5 October, and we are wondering if it will be to late to spot some humpback whales in the harbour....or it too late thanks max

3 Answers Feb 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM
    • Dutch harbor unalaska

by gmike04 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Hi everybody!
      Where is the best and cheapest place to stay in dutch harbor?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Surimi tourist

by nuppe Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 8:23 AM

I want to study surimi/crabsticks and the pollock fisheries. How do I get from Japan to Dutch Harbour(!)? Can I get an impression of the fisheries by making a visit to Dutch Harbour. Others things of interest in the area for my mission? Would it be possible to go out with a boat/commercial vessel? Whisch season would be the best?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 3:34 PM
    • From A Message In A Bottle

by randwolfray Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 8:58 PM

I'm from Kansas, but recently I came into possession of a bottle with a message in it found on the beach at Seaside, Oregon. There is a faded date on the message, September 1970 or 1980. The message is rather cryptic and I am trying to figure it out; one part of it reads, "The Sea Star, Dutch Harbour, Alaska." This could be a ship or a boat from Dutch Harbor, or it could be one that was just visiting; or it could be a restaurant or something completely different. Is there anything in Dutch Harbor named "The Sea Star"? How can I track down information on a ship or a boat from twenty or thirty years ago? Are there any locals I can contact who might know more about this? If anyone can suggest any leads it will be really helpful, and thank you!

5 Answers Jun 4, 2005 at 12:35 PM