Durham

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it safe to walk round Dallas Downtown

Dallas 3 hours ago

Hi My friend and I are coming to Dallas in 2 weeks and we are staying on Elm Street, I have googled some bars close to our hotel such the Iron Cactus and the Press Box. It says its a 7 minute walk from our hotel, now we are coming from England and live in a City and do walk about of an evening. But I was wondering how safe it is for 2 women to walk back to their hotel from Main St to Elm St on their own late evening. Would it be safer to get an Uber home?
      Thanks in advance

more
    • Help with family of 5

San Antonio 6 hours ago

I'm looking for a large room with 2 queen beds for family of 5. I need safe parking for my vehicle. We want to visit The Alamo, River walk, market, & the Tower. Where is the best area to stay? We need a frig in the room also. Thank you

more
    • KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Gospel choirs

Brooklyn Apr 9, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Hi, need some info about gospel choirs. I' ll be in NY at the 5th of June -it's a Sunday-, living in the Brooklyn area and I would like to go to a church to listen to a gospel choir. I don't want big fancy choirs, just a local church to stay through the service and listen to their music. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

more
    • Daughter wants a hair braid/wrap

New Orleans Apr 7, 2016 at 5:30 AM

We are looking for a place in the NO area that would do a hair wrap or a braid with beads for my daughter. She wants it as a souvenir from our trip. Usually in Florida, you find people doing this on along a beach boardwalk. Anyone know if there's a place to get this done in NO? Thanks!!

more
    • Transport from Airport to town

Honolulu 3 hours ago

Are there any trains or buses

more
    • Transport from Airport to town

Honolulu 3 hours ago

Are there any trains or buses

more
    • Story telling

Natural Bridge 16 hours ago

Many years ago I stopped here and it seems I remember a play or story telling in the evening which even included the sound of thunder. Do they still offer that?

more
    • Sunday, Little Beach

Maui Apr 23, 2016 at 8:54 PM

What time on Sunday do people start gathering for the festivities on Little Beach?

more
    • Golf Course and Barber Shop

Tybee Island Apr 23, 2016 at 11:37 AM

Is there a golf course on Tybee Island? Is there barber shop that offers a hot towel shave?

more
    • Texans game

Houston Apr 23, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Going to chargers/Texans game late November. Should I stay near stadium or downtown? If downtown what area?

I'm in my 40's traveling with buddy. We like to cab it from airport when we can because we like to drink during our stay and don't want to drive. Hou airport seems close enough to go that route. Sometimes we pick a hotel in walking distance to stadium but if downtown us better scene we would go that route instead. Prefer nice hotels with amenities like bar, restaurant, fitness center, etc. 3+ stars would be preferable.

If you recommended downtown what part? Seems to be rather spread out. If downtown would like a place close to public transportation to game. What form would you recommend for getting to game? Train, bus, cab?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

more
    • Yosemite Valley Stables

Yosemite National Park Apr 13, 2016 at 8:51 PM

When do the Yosemite Valley Stables open for reservations?

more
    • lovina's Profile Photo

How to optimize my little time?

Manhattan Island Apr 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Arriving tomorrow at 9pm at hotel near Penn station. Time until Sunday 4pm. (less than 24 hours). What can I do? 
      Good place in the evening for food and drinks?
      Sightseeing on Sunday?
      Thank you for your suggestions!

more
    • Visiting Gary, Indiana

Gary Apr 2, 2016 at 2:02 PM

We will be visiting Chicago for a few days later this month and my companion wanted to take the short journey to Gary to see the Jackson's old house there. Understandably, after all I've read about Gary, I am very wary of going anywhere near the place. Is it a safe place for a tourist to visit? Is it a go or no go?

more
    • white plains to newark airport?

White Plains Apr 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM

need to get from White plains to newark airport - leaving white plains around 5 pm- Best, easiest, approximate amount of time? my flight leaves around 9:00 pm - TIA

more
    • Balloon festival

Jamestown Apr 15, 2016 at 1:48 AM

I was wondering if there is gonna be one this year if so plz let me know cuz when I was a kid I went to it at the Jamestown airport and I would love to take my daughter to it this year if there is one plz let me know

more
    • Hotel preference

San Antonio Apr 13, 2016 at 12:30 PM

I would like to find a hotel in San Antonio with a nice big steam shower. Any suggestions?

more
    • Trip to Nashville for parents 30th anniversary

Nashville Apr 10, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hello!

My sisters and I are sending my parents to Nashville for their 30th anniversary! They don't drink much, but love to have a good time, old country music and rock n roll

I few quick questions!

What is the best area from them to stay downtown? Meaning location and hotel?

Best attractions for them to visit?

Any suggestions on a great hotel but cheaper rate? Or websites to check for deals?

Thank you!

more
    • Bus Train service;Westchester county airport to Columbia University New York

White Plains Apr 9, 2016 at 10:06 AM

what is the cheapest way: Westchester county airport White Plains to Columbia University New York

more
    • Rainy Saturday

Saint George Apr 9, 2016 at 9:52 AM

It's raining and forecast all day. We are staying in Coral Canyon with 4 daughters, aged 18, 15, 11, and 11. We've thought of movies, museums, and outlets. Any other ideas?

more
    • Driving from New Orleans to San Antonio

Beaumont Apr 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM

One leg of our road trip is New Orleans to San Antonio. It seems Beaumont is about half way there. Is there anything of interest to see or do should we decide to take a break and spend the night there?

more
    • Denver downtown

Denver Apr 1, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Hi, 2 girls in our late 20s staying in downtown denver for 4 days...looking for anything to do unique to denver...restaurants, bars, clubs, outdoor activities etc. Thanks!

more
    • shanealm's Profile Photo

What are the best ways to travel in Springfield,Illinois if you are new to the area?

Springfield Mar 31, 2016 at 7:39 AM

Hi everyone. I will be going to Illinois in a couple of weeks. I am from South Carolina and I have never been outside of sc before. This well be new and kinda scary because I don't know how to travel around the city. I do not have a car cause I can't drive.

more
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

small trip ideas

Dallas 11 hours ago

i am asking this on behave of my elderly parents(quite fit though)-- they will be going to little elm, texas in May to visit relatives for two weeks-- i am thinking that a small trip away in that time might be a good idea for them.They dont want to put out the relatives too much with trips out and about -- can anyone tell me about public transport out of little elm --buses/trains to anywhere interesting ?
      I was also thinking that there might be a short bus trip tour from dallas to san antonio or somewhere else interesting -- just lasting up to 4 days or so.As i said they are quite fit so lots of walking would be okay-- but not very confident in another country(from Australia)-- thank you

more
    • Hollywood rd NW

Atlanta Apr 21, 2016 at 11:11 AM

I just movedinto Hollywood rd NWfrom Toledo Ohio and was wondering how "rough" it is in this area. Anything will help

more
    • things to do

Somers Point Apr 21, 2016 at 7:07 AM

is there a book i can have sent to me that list things to do, places to go, while i am on vacation this summer in somers point??

maybe even get some coupons

more
    • YWLTP's Profile Photo

B and B or Inn

by YWLTP Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 7:40 PM

HELP! I am trying to find a romantic inn or B and B any where in the Raleigh, Greensboro and surrounding area… something quant, with acreage and quality service. It’s our 1st anniversary and my husband’s b day the second week in October and I want to find something that will be very memorable. We love the out doors and great food and wine… and want to stay somewhere really beautiful and charming… any suggestions. Any help would be fantastic!!!

2 Answers Oct 3, 2006 at 7:42 AM
    • need some help

by wsusema Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 2:55 AM

Guys, I need some help please.
      Me and my sister we are both in our late 20’s, we are going to arrive to Durham-Raleigh area on the 20th of Sep from over seas for Duke Medical Center. I have no clue what’s the scene like there. In fact, I need a place to stay at for at least a month….any Idea where??!!...how much should I pay?? Which area is safe and which one isn’t??!!.....

Also, I would like to rent a car ..What company should I rent a car from (for at least a month)??!!.....

you recommendations are very valuable.
      Thank you

• traveling to look for a house

by Lily35 Online Now Nov 13, 2005 at 2:27 PM

What suburbs are the safest to live in?

And close to the NC School for Science and Mathematics?

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    • CHOCOLATECALIENTE's Profile Photo

place to stay at a reasonable cost

by CHOCOLATECALIENTE Online Now Sep 23, 2005 at 3:56 PM

I'll be attending my friend's wedding in Chapel Hill, NC in November. I don't know anything about NC. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay at a reasonable cost in Chapel Hill or Durham?? Thanks!

• moving to raleigh

by shammayh Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 12:08 PM

were moving with mself and my family and i want to know about the living down there and i have two kids going into college i would like to learn about the schools also for my two younger children going in highschool and i would like good neighborhoods for the to be able to live in

1 Answer Feb 20, 2006 at 6:35 PM
    • Short term apartments pls..

by vishnuprasadh Online Now Jan 28, 2005 at 6:59 AM

Hi All, I am travelling to Durham in Feb'05. Duration would be for 6-7 weeks. I wanted to know which is the best way to get a short term apartment which has basic facilities like kitchen etc. I think it makes sense to rent an apartment for 6-7 weeks since most basic hotel rates start from say 60$, instead an apartment could be a better option...what say?? I would appreciate if anyone can give some pointers on apartments which meet my needs somewhere nearer to the address as seen below: 5 Moore Drive Research Triangle Park NC 27709 I have 2 days to finalize on this and would really appreciate any help from u guyz.. also pointers on rental charges any other charges etc would help. thanks, VIshnu

3 Answers Jan 29, 2005 at 6:10 AM
    • durham forham site

by tiddi Online Now Jul 3, 2003 at 12:41 PM

sorry about asking this here....but i'm from england visiting my fiance and i'm looking to get into employment...the best way this info is to find a good forum or or message board of durham area....anyone got any good sites to talk to locals about work etc...

1 Answer Jul 3, 2003 at 1:44 PM