VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Dumfries

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Oban SYHA hostel

Oban Jan 6, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Looking for comment or review on this place. In particular, the three or four bedded lodge.

more
    • whatshesaid's Profile Photo

World Nomad Insurance

Scotland Jan 2, 2017 at 9:28 PM

Hi. Has anyone used this for the rental car CDW insurance? In the fine print it says some won't accept it. That is the main reason I am buying travelers insurance. Thanks

more
    • day trips out of Oban

Scotland Jan 2, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Looking for ideas of day trips out of Oban (other than the islands). We won't have a car so will be depending on public transportation. Have an 11 year with us who likes castles, medieval history, and fiddle music.

THanks,

more
    • Traveling with baby for 1 month in Scotland. Help please!

Scotland Dec 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Hi there,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Scotland in the month of June. As we will be traveling with our baby daughter, we're hoping to find an area to base ourselves for the month (or split our time between two home bases; a couple of weeks in each place). We will be renting a car from Glasgow and returning to Glasgow at the end of the month. We would like to see the Highlands (possibly the Isle of Skye) and castles. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

more