VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Duluth Travel Answers

change location

Visiting Duluth with Children

by tigerlille Online Now Mar 16, 2008 at 12:39 AM

Hi, I was born in Duluth 54 years ago. My family moved to Indiana when I was almost 3, but we visited while I was a child, and now I feel a yen to visit with my nine year old daughter and niece. I am disabled by arthritis. Any suggestions about things my girls can do with out crippling me? Any suggestions about kid friendly -places to stay? We would like to come in summer when the raspberries are ripe. My mother went into labor with me while she was making raspberry jelly, and I have always loved the exquisite berries, and now my girls do too. Our income is moderate. I would so appreciate advice and suggestions! Thank you, Tigerlille PS I am a single parent,

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Visiting Duluth with Children

by minnesotarob Online Now Mar 17, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Hi-
    Here are a few suggesions:

Great Lakes Aquarium
    (218) 740-3474 - 353 Harbor Dr, Duluth, MN

The Glensheen Mansion is very interesting.(218) 728-3601

Edgewater Duluth is a great place to stay with kids - they have an indoor waterpark
    2400 London Rd, Duluth, MN
    Get Directions
    www.duluthwaterpark.com

And of course a drive up scenic 61 north of Duluth along Lake Superior is a must. Stop off at some the parks for some great waterfalls!
    Hope this helps - Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines